Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo has hardly "gone down" cob. He'll line up round one without a doubt. WA media is just bored.

Winning flags does that :moustache:

Amirite kents!!! Here2tellyouwhy Hai_Newman Biggie
Trained well from reports on the Eagles board. Let seen how he goes in the intra club tomorrow that should clarify things.

Further to the above, I've bolded players who played >20 games last year. When picking my initial team I like to go with players who have a history of durability and an uninterrupted preseason. Cripps looks to be tracking well after an injury-free year last year. Given the above, Cripps & Dusty look like locks to me, but I'm starting to lean towards starting Neale over Oliver and Duncan over MCrouch. Fyfe the only injury-prone player worth the risk IMO.

Duncan and crouch have missed roughly the same amount of games last 2 years.

Further to the above, I've bolded players who played >20 games last year. When picking my initial team I like to go with players who have a history of durability and an uninterrupted preseason. Cripps looks to be tracking well after an injury-free year last year. Given the above, Cripps & Dusty look like locks to me, but I'm starting to lean towards starting Neale over Oliver and Duncan over MCrouch. Fyfe the only injury-prone player worth the risk IMO.

Duncan....surely not

Mr average delivers average

Left field question here.
JOM at 502k. Can he pick up where titch left off seeing though he played almost a season last year.
Not where Titch left off no. But will definitely improve on his avg of last season. Think he averaged 93? I see it now becoming 105(Maybe more). Not just because Titch is gone and he now becomes the #1 mid, but because last year he got almost a full season under his belt, has had a fantastic pre season and is relishing the chance to be the main man in the guts for the Hawks. Those that watched the intra club v Carlton today believe he was in great nick out there and “Looked like he was playing against U/15’s”. I get the hype, and absolutely love him as a player, he’s on my watch list that’s for sure. Can see value in the likes of Sloane at a similar price, even Steele if your looking at options in that range.

How does JOM deal with closer attention from opposition taggers though?

I like the idea of him getting more opportunity with no Mitchell, but that comes with more attention.

Not where Titch left off no. But will definitely improve on his avg of last season. Think he averaged 93? I see it now becoming 105(Maybe more). Not just because Titch is gone and he now becomes the #1 mid, but because last year he got almost a full season under his belt, has had a fantastic pre season and is relishing the chance to be the main man in the guts for the Hawks. Those that watched the intra club v Carlton today believe he was in great nick out there and “Looked like he was playing against U/15’s”. I get the hype, and absolutely love him as a player, he’s on my watch list that’s for sure. Can see value in the likes of Sloane at a similar price, even Steele if your looking at options in that range.
So who does the tag go to? For me it's O'Meara

How does JOM deal with closer attention from opposition taggers though?

I like the idea of him getting more opportunity with no Mitchell, but that comes with more attention.
No doubt JOM will cop more attention. All the good players do. Smith will cop a tag out on a wing and JOM through the centre. JOM has a great mix of inside and outside ball winning ability. He won’t be tagged every week(Some teams don’t run with taggers), but the sides that check someone closely he will be on the receiving end that’s for sure you would think. Time will tell how he performs with more attention. At the moment it’s a bit of an unknown how he copes with a tag. I don’t think he’s copped much attention from memory. As a Hawks fan I’m hoping he steps up along with our younger brigade and see what they have to offer.

Isaac Smith is the other likely one from the Hawks but I also beleive omeara will be getting the most attention. Just another reason to pass on him imo.
Will increase his average but not enough to be a keeper.

Its the same thing with guys like Zerret Sloane Zorko you just know they will be the number 1 targets on most occassions and they arent those untaggable types like Cripps, Fyfe Danger. Its doesnt make them unpickable as they will still score fairly well but it means there could be better options.

Macrae has never really copped that much attention same with Jelly so we dont know fully how they will handle it if they get it. I would say they are most likely to get it for their team also now.

No doubt JOM will cop more attention. All the good players do. Smith will cop a tag out on a wing and JOM through the centre. JOM has a great mix of inside and outside ball winning ability. He won’t be tagged every week(Some teams don’t run with taggers), but the sides that check someone closely he will be on the receiving end that’s for sure you would think. Time will tell how he performs with more attention. At the moment it’s a bit of an unknown how he copes with a tag. I don’t think he’s copped much attention from memory. As a Hawks fan I’m hoping he steps up along with our younger brigade and see what they have to offer.
If I'm an oppo coach against Hawks then I'm gonna run with a guy that can maneuver O'Meara out of his receiving possie

Its just good that he is back out there. A bit of a shame for us he copped those injuries reckon he would have been an ultra premo now if not for them.

Isaac Smith is the other likely one from the Hawks but I also beleive omeara will be getting the most attention. Just another reason to pass on him imo.
Will increase his average but not enough to be a keeper.

Its the same thing with guys like Zerret Sloane Zorko you just know they will be the number 1 targets on most occassions and they arent those untaggable types like Cripps, Fyfe Danger. Its doesnt make them unpickable as they will still score fairly well but it means their could be better options.

Macrae has never really copped that much attention same with Jelly so we dont know fully how they will handle it if they get it. I would say they are most likely to get it for their team also now.
Out of that lot I'm going Cripps, Danger and Zerrett for exactly the reasons you mention ( reckon Shiel might cop the the tag instead of Zerrett)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of that lot I'm going Cripps, Danger and Zerrett for exactly the reasons you mention ( reckon Shiel might cop the the tag instead of Zerrett)

That would make Zerrett a good pick if Sheil can free him up provided his ankle is fine. Has shiel been tagged alot in his time at GWS?

If I'm an oppo coach against Hawks then I'm gonna run with a guy that can maneuver O'Meara out of his receiving possie
By all reports he was fantastic in close today. Think he gets undersold on his ball winning ability in close due to how well he moves on the outside. I remember one of his very few games he played the year we first picked him up, late in the year v Carlton or the doggies, he had something like 13 tackles. Is just as good inside and out. He will have to prove it this year without Titch that’s for sure

Its just good that he is back out there. A bit of a shame for us he copped those injuries reckon he would have been an ultra premo now if not for them.
100% mate. Has been one of my favourite players to watch since stepping on the scene as a GC player. Was rapt the Hawks picked him up. He is all class. Forget Supercoach, I just hope he stays injury free and he shows the footy world what he can do

By all reports he was fantastic in close today. Think he gets undersold on his ball winning ability in close due to how well he moves on the outside. I remember one of his very few games he played the year we first picked him up, late in the year v Carlton or the doggies, he had something like 13 tackles. Is just as good inside and out. He will have to prove it this year without Titch that’s for sure

It's a shame Cripps didn't play today. Couldn't imagine JOM winning too many contests against him in close.

Meh. If he was cheaper sure. At 480k pass. Libba and miles are likely to score as much

They are unless, like me, you believe Taranto is a stud and a stud worth punting on. Maybe because they share a jumper but he's giving me 2017 Josh Kelly vibes. Really think he could make a jump to 110 territory.

He so damaging by hand and foot and my newly pressed underpants.
He doesn't seem to get enough ball or hit the scoreboard.
Bloody good player though.

Doesnt seem to have a very good tank. His TOG% is one of the lowest in the league for a full time mid, this would be a big contributing factor to his below average scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back