Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

kane22

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
How is Crouch a better option? Interested? At least Libba has had a 100+ ave and you save over 100k.
I see BCrouch averaging 105 and being a m8 keeper while I see Libba as a 95 average and not a keeper but I can see why people would choose Libba either way cant go wrong

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Libba hasn't been relevant since 2014.
Back when it used to be the Minson down to Libba show all day.
Since then Libba has been dead most of the time, other Doggies midfielders have overtaken him, Dogs play a completely different gameplay and they have a FB and a 14 year old boy as their first two ruck choices.

Much more likely to average 80 than he is to average 100 imo.
+ He's still got Bevo moving the magnets around.
Disagree with majority. Doggies play a possession happy game. When has Crouch been relevant at all? Are you basing this on 2 jlt games?

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Since then Libba has been dead most of the time, other Doggies midfielders have overtaken him, Dogs play a completely different gameplay and they have a FB and a 14 year old boy as their first two ruck choices.

This... this makes a lot of sense. Durability issues aside, with the emergence of Macrae, Bont, Dunkley & McLean (not even including the likes of Hunter, Wallis), what is there to suggest he will go higher than his average of 90 & 80 3/2 years ago?

Our complete an utter lack of functioning ruck division ( :$ ) hasn't impacted on Macrae.

I'm more worried about the impact Libba has on Dunkley and McLean, both seemed to have suffered.

Disagree with majority. Doggies play a possession happy game. When has Crouch been relevant at all? Are you basing this on 2 jlt games?

How come he was only able to average 90 and 80 in his last two seasons then? Dogs still played high possessions games then.

I'm wasn't arguing him against Crouch, I don't have Crouch either. I was just saying that I think Libba is a bog ordinary pick.

Our complete an utter lack of functioning ruck division ( :$ ) hasn't impacted on Macrae.

I'm more worried about the impact Libba has on Dunkley and McLean, both seemed to have suffered.

It hasn't, Macrae is a beautiful boy and a much better player than Libba. I look forward to him scoring lots and lots of points.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
How come he was only able to average 90 and 80 in his last two seasons then? Dogs still played high possessions games then.

I'm wasn't arguing him against Crouch, I don't have Crouch either. I was just saying that I think Libba is a bog ordinary pick.
Ohhhh, my bad. Thought you were comparing the 2. He did average low coming back from a knee. He just looked fit in the jlt. Worth the risk @ 300k imo.

Ohhhh, my bad. Thought you were comparing the 2. He did average low coming back from a knee. He just looked fit in the jlt. Worth the risk @ 300k imo.

I can see why you thought I was comparing them.
Isn't he coming off another ACL?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
M6. Don't you mean M7?

Bitch do you even midprice?

Bitch plz, I was clearly talking about every other midfield except ours. :D

mids.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
People are
I see BCrouch averaging 105 and being a m8 keeper while I see Libba as a 95 average and not a keeper but I can see why people would choose Libba either way cant go wrong
Playing 22 games fit and healthy both the crouches and libba are 105-110 avg players. Libba has been more durable than the crouches historically though, between the two of them they have managed one complete season in the last 5 years.

I'm usually heavy rookie and guns. But if these mid price mids fire then it only costs you one trade to sideways to a fallen premo. Won't even need to cash in rookies.

BITCH...DO YOU MID PRICE THO?

BISH DO YOU EVEN PUPPY :moustache::moustache::dog::dog:.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

Im seriously re considering this selection myself.

On one hand the extra money downgrading Libba to a rookie could be useful in upgrading other areas but on the other hand he could ave close enough to 100 and be a decent M8.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Fiorini is interesting. Not expecting many to share that opinion, but great preseason, will get mid time, talent is there. Steele etc. better bets, thpugh.

Fiorini will play vast majority of his minutes as a midfielder this year. Probably wing first but also spending some time in the centre square.

Some of his lower scores last year was when he was played in the backline.
Game mid year against Carlton had about 14 possessions but made 9 tackles from memory and didn’t have a great sc game - played backline the whole game.
So think his role will change, he will have improved as a player as well.

Does seem somewhat injury prone though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Libba averages 85-95 mark. I still wllling to take that at this stage hoping he will great outscore any rookies I put in his place for the star of the season. If he struggling just becomes a early downgrade upgrade. I think people should not expect him to be a keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back