Multiplat 2019 Midyear recap

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
By the time the year draws to a close and we sit back and try to work out our GOTY votes we often forget what we might have played way back in March and if we enjoyed it or not. This thread will serve as a refresher for that time. Time to think about what you have played in the first half of 2019 and your favourite games so far. Maybe also share what you're looking forward to this year.

So far we've had some pretty big titles out; Metro Exodus, Sekiro, Division 2, Rage 2, Anthem, Devil May Cry 5, Apex Legends, Crackdown 3, Total War: Three Kingdoms, just to name some of the bigger ones.

What have you enjoyed so far? Biggest disappointment? What are you looking forward to?

Metro Exodus is my standout so far. Anthem was easily the biggest disappointment and I can't go past Borderlands 3 as something I'm looking forward to most so far.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I've only played Sekiro which was released this year, and that was only for a few hours.
Liked it, but wanted to play something different, so will come back to it.

So either Dead Cells, Nioh, Nier, Celeste or FrostPunk are my GOTY :)

Am looking forward to Borderlands and I'll probably get Pokemon, haven't played one since Yellow, but think I'll jump back in.

Bit of a crappy year really, which is OK for me to get through the backlog before next gen.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't played too many of this years big releases, but I reckon Borderlands 3, Doom Eternal, and The Outer Worlds will be up there by the end of the year.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Poor year so far 2019. Last year won't be topped for a while unfortunately.

Haven't played a single game released this year. Guessing Cyberpunk will be the GOTY if it comes out this year.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Sekiro. Quality.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Resident Evil 2 has been the standout to me. Really good game which delivers the atmosphere you want from a traditional RE game.

That said I haven't played too many games released this year. Kingdom Hearts 3 left a positive impression but I backlogged it while I worked through RDR2.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't played many 2019 releases but Rage 2 is the best I've played thus far. I really only play FPS these days, and I predict that either Modern Warfare, or Doom Eternal will be GOTY for me personally. We've also got Insurgency: Sandstorm coming to console this year, which could be another contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back