Club History 2019 Milestone Games

Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting AFL milestone yet to be achieved:

Tom Clurey has yet to kick a goal at AFL level. He has now played 69 games.

The next highest number of games played to not kick a goal is Nick Lower with 20 (source: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/padelaide.html)

Obviously doesn't get forward very often being a defender, but hopefully he gets his chance. He has also never kicked a behind.

Interesting AFL milestone yet to be achieved:

Tom Clurey has yet to kick a goal at AFL level. He has now played 69 games.

The next highest number of games played to not kick a goal is Nick Lower with 20 (source: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/padelaide.html)

Obviously doesn't get forward very often being a defender, but hopefully he gets his chance. He has also never kicked a behind.
He hasn't even kicked a point. I looked at Carlile because I thought he had played over 100 games before kicking a goal but it was 52nd and he had kicked a couple of points before that. It was brownlow votes that I had confused about Bobby. He got his first votes - 2 - in his 157th games - against the Hawks in that game we went out like a hare and kicked them from every where and they were storming home in the last quarter and Bobby saved the game.

Last edited:
He hasn't even kicked a point. I looked at Carlile because I thought he had played over 100 games before kicking a goal but it was 52nd and he had kicked a couple of points before that. It was brownlow votes that I had confused about Bobby. He got hid first votes - 2 - in his 157th games - against the Hawks in that game we went out like a hare and kicked them from every where and they were storming home in the last quarter and Bobby saved the game.

Carlile’s first ever goal was a beauty too. Round 1 2009 vs Essendon. Gave Lloyd a bath and then snuck forward and dobbed one himself.

Was the canary in the coalmine game, incidentally.

28315 attendance with reduced staffing, and we still lost money. Cue Haysman going public and the ball started rolling.

What a day.

Jonas and Hombsch both took a very long time to kick their first (and only) goal too. Our gamestyle doesn't seem to allow for it.
Especially when our former small forwards like Neade don't score for a handful of games.

Round 13 AFL Milestones:
Sam Powell-Pepper and Karl Amon to play their 50th AFL Game.
2016 draftee vs 2013 draftee. SPP will have played 50 of a possible 57 games.

Last edited:
2016 draftee vs 2013 draftee. SPP will have played 50 of a possible 55 games.

How many games has SPP missed because of injury? I know he’s played a few of Maggies games.

How many games has SPP missed because of injury? I know he’s played a few of Maggies games.
He missed 1 in 2017 with a crook shoulder. 4 because of Elspeth and 2 at the end of last year but can't remember if that was injury or form.

My bad will edit my post it's 50 of a possible 57.

2019 AFL Record Season Guide says SPP was emergency Rd 21 and played SANFL Rd 22 last year. He could have also played SANFL when he was an emergency.

The ELSPETH BS he had 2 game club suspension, then played in SANFL then named an emergency

So that is only 1 game missed thru injury in 2.5 seasons.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
RossFC I enjoy this thread and wonder if we might keep track of goals as well as games?

Dixon kicked his 200th career goal this week, which is fantastic in his comeback game.

Motlop on 192 and Rockliff on 94 may reach goals milestones this season too.

RossFC I enjoy this thread and wonder if we might keep track of goals as well as games?

Dixon kicked his 200th career goal this week, which is fantastic in his comeback game.

Motlop on 192 and Rockliff on 94 may reach goals milestones this season too.
Feel free to post it in here when something happens.

I will stick this in here as its good as anywhere Before the Geelong game Hoff had played 260 games and Boak 255. Hoff had played 2 games before Boak debut.

Gray, Westofff and Boak would have to almost have the league record for most games as a trio. All debuted the same year too.
Nope the Adelaide and Bulldogs boys have that stitched up. List below from 2019 AFL Season Guide book page 718.

The Swamp made a tweet for all 18 clubs of the top 5 or 6 for all 20 clubs, yes add Fitzroy and University to current 18. I posted the tweets for clubs that had 300 duo gamers and 290 duo gamers

Most games by 4 players together
218 Chris Grant, Scott West, Brad Johnson, and Rohan Smith.

Most by 3 players
254 Syd Bolton, Goodes, O'Keefe
253 WB Johnson, Smith, West
232 WB Grant, Johnson, Smith
231 WB Grant, Smith, West
231 WB Grant, Johnson, West
221 Adl Edwards, McLeod, Ricciuto

Back