2019 MotoGP

norway blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I think you have to judge Rossi in isolation and not against the shortcomings of other riders. Tires / parts and setup is another issue for him. Fabio will get a factory next year. But with who .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goroyals22

Senior List
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I think you have to judge Rossi in isolation and not against the shortcomings of other riders. Tires / parts and setup is another issue for him. Fabio will get a factory next year. But with who .

Theres no factory bikes up for grabs next year unless Lorenzo gets the flick.

Fabio will get better gear next year from Yamaha and go probably into the factory team the year after when Vinales takes off to Ducati

Goroyals22

Senior List
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Honda have put all their eggs in the MM basket, it's almost unrideable for anyone else. While that works I can't see them changing tack.
Alberto Puig has basically said the same thing but still for Lorenzo to finish 40 seconds behind Zarco who hadnt ridden the bike before is a disgrace of the highest order and I cant imagine Honda being that impressed of paying all that money to a bloke who is behind someone in the championship who was sacked by one manufacturer and ridden one race on a bike a year old

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Alberto Puig has basically said the same thing but still for Lorenzo to finish 40 seconds behind Zarco who hadnt ridden the bike before is a disgrace of the highest order and I cant imagine Honda being that impressed of paying all that money to a bloke who is behind someone in the championship who was sacked by one manufacturer and ridden one race on a bike a year old

George is very very injured too, but he's struggling with confidence

norway blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

But why is my question . He’s getting factory support near to MM . He’s a two time world champ . Motivation . ? There must be a reason . Sorry edit . I lived in china a bit . They say sometimes there is no answer .

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
But why is my question . He’s getting factory support near to MM . He’s a two time world champ . Motivation . ? There must be a reason . Sorry edit . I lived in china a bit . They say sometimes there is no answer .

The Honda is a **** to ride, simple. George has a totally different style to Marc too.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Honda would pay Lorenzo triple to produce the shit results for no other reason than to make sure he's not racing against them for another manufacturer.

It took longer than most expected for him to get the hang of the Duke. But once he got going, he was the best rider for the period from the Italian to Austrian GP. Took pole in Britain, but the race got cancelled. Then another two consecutive poles after that at Misano and Aragon. I forgot what happened at Misano, but he ended up really hurting himself, and it affects him now.

Had he been fit and in a Ducati this year, i'd have no doubt that he'd be leading the championship or be just behind Marquez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
It's kind of sad that the series moves on from PI the following week. Still haven't settled down form them being here, and they're already over there.

Top Bottom