2019 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I call a race !!!

Austria has had a couple of gem top flight races in the last month !!!

Johann Zarco has come to an agreement to split with KTM at the end of the season, one year into his two year contract. There are no seats left available for him in MotoGP - Miller will re-up with Pramac in the coming days, Honda are committed to Nakagami - so his future is now clouded. I would suggest his MotoGP career is over. It's hard to see him getting back to MotoGP if he switches to WSBK or returns to Moto2 and his reputation will have taken a battering for both not adapting to the RC16 and for bailing out on his contract after only half a season.

Who replaces him is also problematic. They threw a contract at Jack Miller but he turned them down to remain with Ducati. They could promote Miguel Oliveira from the Tech3 team but then need to find a replacement for him. Maybe they grab Bradley Smith back from Aprilia testing duties for a year.

The entire MotoGP field is out of contact at the end of next year with the exception of Tito Rabat who recently signed a new two year contract.
Jack's deal gives him the opportunity to back himself in to get a factory ride.

We could well see a significant shakeup of the grid.

Former MotoGP star (okay, so I've been reading too much modern media) Scott Redding is currently racing in the British Superbike Championship. He recently had quite a, umm, fight on his hands with young Honda rider, Andrew Irwin.

FP3 over. Miller fourth fastest and straight through to Q2, behind the incredible Fabio Quartararo who's just been consistently obliterating the lap record.

Gardner also straight through to Q2 in Moto2, consistently running fast laps in 3rd place.

Jacky boy grabs a front row start with a very well organised qualifying, following his fellow front row starters, pole man Marc Marquez and front row returnee, Valentino Rossi. Quartararo had to run his second bike after his first choice bike had an issue and finished up fourth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting a cracking night of racing.

Hard to go passed Marquez (X2). Pretty much anyone in Moto3.

The battle for the podium in MotoGP could be enormous. Miller, Crutchlow, Rins, Dovi and all the Yamaha's are thereabouts.