MRP 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Just watched the footage of Mumford's hit on Murphy... everyone is talking about the knee in his ribs, but not one person is mentioning the big swinging right fist into the area just above where his knee hit!
Yep, I posted multiple times that it's hard to prove that the knee was deliberate (it 99% was deliberate) BUT that he clearly swings his right arm, which shows he was trying to hurt Murph.

Which to me then means he isn't afforded any benefit of the doubt for his knees.

Chief

110% sass!
AFL Club
Carlton
Admin #605
Just watched the footage of Mumford's hit on Murphy... everyone is talking about the knee in his ribs, but not one person is mentioning the big swinging right fist into the area just above where his knee hit!
Fox Footy called it "competing for the ball". *chortle*

Dramoth

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yep, I posted multiple times that it's hard to prove that the knee was deliberate (it 99% was deliberate) BUT that he clearly swings his right arm, which shows he was trying to hurt Murph.

Which to me then means he isn't afforded any benefit of the doubt for his knees.
You can see him swinging for the fences with the movement of his right shoulder from one of the side on views. You don't have that sort of movement when you are clattering someone with your knee, unless you are punching them at the same time.
Fox Footy called it "competing for the ball". *chortle*
Complete and utter joke really. Lined him up and took him out of the game with a knee and a fist. I hope that the next time we play them. Bolts tells the boys that it's hunting season on mummy, and that the club will pay any fines the player who gets him incurs.

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants, Man U
Mumford is a scumbag. 100% that his contact against Murphy was designed to intentionally hurt. It wasn't anywhere close to a football action.

Dramoth

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
If that action is tolerated by the AFL why would anyone want their kids to play the game?
Because a lot of fathers are living vicariously through their children when the children are young. Then when they get to be adults and get drafted into the system, suddenly, it's not so much fun any more!

I hope that they handed mummy a little cup after the game. Something tells me that he might have had a little bit of angry powder in him during the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metalcrusher

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Blackburn United EPL ... sorta
Ummm its been mentioned a few times …. he went in with INTENT low with the knee.... high with the arm if that missed.

rampar

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep he is a ******* asshole and andy maher really ****ted me off listening to his tripe on the matter. Loyd not far behind in the dickhead stakes for not calling it out either.

Imo of course...

JustaBattler

Everyone Looks Better In Blue
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep he is a ******* asshole and andy maher really ****ted me off listening to his tripe on the matter. Loyd not far behind in the dickhead stakes for not calling it out either.

Imo of course...
I think Mumford plays his role in his team and has a license to do so - good Clubman. Would love to have a bloke or two like that at Carlton in the starting 22 - would come in handy. Of course when AFL becomes non contact my opinion would be different. Yeah Mumford likes to hurt blokes he isn't alone. Lots of top players do it occasionally for their team- Cripps nearly hospitalised Tarranto - great tackle I thought.

Come at me.

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
I think Mumford plays his role in his team and has a license to do so - good Clubman. Would love to have a bloke or two like that at Carlton in the starting 22 - would come in handy. Of course when AFL becomes non contact my opinion would be different. Yeah Mumford likes to hurt blokes he isn't alone. Lots of top players do it occasionally for their team- Cripps nearly hospitalised Tarranto - great tackle I thought.

Come at me.
Cripps was a textbook tackle, designed to hurt. He was seriously pissed off with the prior decision from the umpire, went looking for a release from the frustration building up and caught a player napping.

Mumford hit an exposed player with fist and knees, trying to take him out of the game in a calculated manner. Not a nice bloke, not a nice act.

Reckon they are a little different. Would love the entire team to take after Cripps, would be shattered if they took after Mumford.

JustaBattler

Everyone Looks Better In Blue
AFL Club
Carlton
Cripps was a textbook tackle, designed to hurt. He was seriously pissed off with the prior decision from the umpire, went looking for a release from the frustration building up and caught a player napping.

Mumford hit an exposed player with fist and knees, trying to take him out of the game in a calculated manner. Not a nice bloke, not a nice act.

Reckon they are a little different. Would love the entire team to take after Cripps, would be shattered if they took after Mumford.
I think Mumford was trying to hurt Murphy for sure - I think Cripps was trying to hurt Tarranto as well - pity the game wasn't closer - that type of tackle lifts sides - would love to see 22 Carlton players hitting tackles like that more often than not- that is premiership winning stuff.

djw1952

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Just shows that the afl are a bunch of hypocrites and justify what they want to!!! The public are not immune to all the crap that is going on and will keep on voicing their disapproval about how the afl is ruining the game they love. 2019 will go down as Gil & Steves` "unexcellent adventure" with hopefully no sequel to follow.............:eek:

rampar

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton

Come at me.
Grrrrr. Thats all i got :)

Dramoth

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It was interesting to hear Chris Scott comment on Daisy's fine and how there needs to be consequences for the action.

Didn't hear him come out and mention the same about Elbows Ablett.
That's because the son of god is a good bloke and really wouldn't be a dirty sniper at all!

Blue Pulse

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
It was interesting to hear Chris Scott comment on Daisy's fine and how there needs to be consequences for the action.

Didn't hear him come out and mention the same about Elbows Ablett.
All clear, nothing wrong with it according to Scott, he was trying to "bumper"his opponent but got his technique wrong???

Top Bottom