MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not.

You know why?

Because it was a perfect ******* tackle. Straight out of the textbook.

Wasn’t even a free kick.

It is outrageous that it was given 2 weeks. The club simply has to fight it.
I only say that because of the outcome - I too believe it was a great tackle, just unfortunate the result.

Seriously the AFL is pathetic. Dangerfield hit a player in the stomach and swung for the head. A fine.

A tackle with one arm pinned two weeks.

Great message to send the kids.

Can’t suspend the AFLPA leader striking is not taken seriously enough in the game Gill the dill prefers to see
perfect tackles penalised instead AFL corruption at it’s upmost

Refuse to get too emotional about this one. Spent all my tickets yesterday.

Good test case. The outcome was awful but it didn’t get anywhere near the ferocity and double action of Gibbs on Gray.

He was always going to get a week at least unfortunately. Would love the club to come out and say that we don't agree with the severity of the suspension but we will cop it and hope the MRO is consistent with this going forward.

No place in the game at all for sling tackles.
Sooner or later there will be a serious injury or worse arise and everyone will be on their high horse about it.
I’d be notifying clubs that the sling tackle is a 10 week minimum suspension.
Leave the club coloured glasses at the door , the sling tackle is extremely dangerous and has to be eradicated from the game.

This wasn't a sling tackle though

Sorry mate with the others on this that was no sling tackle there was probably worse then that over the weekend
and what happened to the late bump by Witts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setters copped the suspension because of the outcome, not the action.

If the guy hadn't hit his head and was concussed there would have been no case to answer, for the same action.

Having said that, I'd have to look at it again. It wasn't a sling tackle in any way, shape or form, but if Setters drove his head into the turf, then he deserves a sanction. At the time though, I didn't see it that way...but by memory, they only showed it from one angle.

Sooner or later there will be a serious injury or worse arise and everyone will be on their high horse about it.
Leave the club coloured glasses at the door , the sling tackle is extremely dangerous and has to be eradicated from the game.
10 weeks? Can I have some of what you’ve been smoking....

Agree, but it wasn't a sling tackle.

The outcome was always going to lead to a suspension. My initial impression was Setters drove him harder into turf than necessary. Like a sling, driving action is not tolerated. I had hoped the arm free would have meant only a week

The outcome was always going to lead to a suspension. My initial impression was Setters drove him harder into turf than necessary. Like a sling, driving action is not tolerated. I had hoped the arm free would have meant only a week
If that was the case, then he should be sanctioned. I didn't see it that way, but that's not to say that's what it was.

Having an arm free though suggests he could have braced for the impact rather than hang onto the ball.

2 weeks seems very harsh though, we should definitely appeal that.

Danger sanction a joke though, as was Dusty last week...both behind play and involved fists and elbows. Even Mac Sport suggest he was extremely lucky, and that his name likely assisted in the decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back