MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett - off the ball, jumps, raises his elbow and collects his opponent in the face - no penalty.
Fyfe - elects to bump, raises the elbow and pushes it into his opponent's face - no penalty.
Durdin - lays a block for his teammate, accidental head clash, opponent concussed - one week.

Seriously - this **** is ******. Absolutely corrupt. How Christian can keep his position after this I do not understand.

Part of me wonders if Gary is trolling the AFL. We'll know for sure if he does it again this week.
Durdin decision is a bloody joke, blocks Rohan legally not high or late a metre from play, everything was to the letter of the law not his fault Rohan didn't see him and so he still gets suspended 👎👎👎 Christian just keeps getting better 😬

Durdin decision is a bloody joke, blocks Rohan legally not high or late a metre from play, everything was to the letter of the law not his fault Rohan didn't see him and so he still gets suspended 👎👎👎 Christian just keeps getting better 😬
Letter of the law (from the afl makey uppy law book) is that if you choose to bump you hold full responsibility for the result. Including head clashes, it's actually one the mrp got correct. The non suspensions are the ones that are true head scratchers.

Letter of the law (from the afl makey uppy law book) is that if you choose to bump you hold full responsibility for the result. Including head clashes, it's actually one the mrp got correct. The non suspensions are the ones that are true head scratchers.

Was it a bump?

Might be wrong, but I thought he positioned himself in front of Rohan and stopped/blocked, rather than actually bumping. Are they the same thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty sure it was for umpire contact? He pushed JDG into the ump by the looks?
Yep and the push was so minuscule that Degoey still sharked the tap out .
If anything there should be an exclusion zone from which players can't enter when the umpire is bouncing and then reversing out of .
Of which I was of the understanding they do have .
Degoey was almost directly behind the umpire when bouncing Walsh was on the other side any sort of contact which I believe does happen in the AFL and Degoey runs into the umpire .
Its Degoey here that should be penalised for setting up so close behind the umpire .

Don't ever change CorruptAFL the usual bullshit decisions that have ****ed us over for years yet the protected still getting looked after week in week out ******* pathetic.
Glad they are appealing time to take a stand against the Corrupt campaigners!!
Slobbo shits me on AFL360 but he was spot on with what he was saying about people that can just throw an elbow "arm bar" as that * wit Chris Scott called it and not get suspended but a bloke puts on a block and accidently concusses a player and gets a week joke of a system same as Setterfield his was a great tackle.

Yep and the push was so minuscule that Degoey still sharked the tap out .
If anything there should be an exclusion zone from which players can't enter when the umpire is bouncing and then reversing out of .
Of which I was of the understanding they do have .
Degoey was almost directly behind the umpire when bouncing Walsh was on the other side any sort of contact which I believe does happen in the AFL and Degoey runs into the umpire .
Its Degoey here that should be penalised for setting up so close behind the umpire .

Ive just gone through the AFL rule book and the only possible thing he could be done for is unreasonable or unnecessary contact with an umpire.
If there was unnecessary contact, then you would argue that contact between walsh and degoey didnt cause the contact to the umpire as degoey was already in that position and the contact didnt cause him to move.
Honestly it is a farce as the contact is so ridiculously miniscule I doubt anyone even knew about it.

Ive just gone through the AFL rule book and the only possible thing he could be done for is unreasonable or unnecessary contact with an umpire.
If there was unnecessary contact, then you would argue that contact between walsh and degoey didnt cause the contact to the umpire as degoey was already in that position and the contact didnt cause him to move.
Honestly it is a farce as the contact is so ridiculously miniscule I doubt anyone even knew about it.
This why the umpire signals their pathway after a bounce or ball up. De Goey chose to position directly behind the ump and hence should be the one responsible for ensuring he doesn’t make contact. If Walsh hadn’t blocked, he would have allowed De Goey a free run at the ball using the ump as a “shield”. Poor decision by Christian based on flawed logic.

The below picture is the moment Walsh first makes contact with De Goey. At this point he had no impact on De Goey's positioning, which is extremely close to the umpire already. I'm confident it'll be overturned and he's simply been used as a scapegoat.

Screenshot_20190514-103407~2.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back