MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive just gone through the AFL rule book and the only possible thing he could be done for is unreasonable or unnecessary contact with an umpire.
If there was unnecessary contact, then you would argue that contact between walsh and degoey didnt cause the contact to the umpire as degoey was already in that position and the contact didnt cause him to move.
Honestly it is a farce as the contact is so ridiculously miniscule I doubt anyone even knew about it.
Correct the contact from Sam didn't change Degoeys path as Degoey kept going on the same path into the contest to where he set up almost behind the ump .
The problem was Degoey set up too close to directly behind where the umpire was reversing after the bounce .
The fine will be reversed surely .

Yep and the push was so minuscule that Degoey still sharked the tap out .
If anything there should be an exclusion zone from which players can't enter when the umpire is bouncing and then reversing out of .
Of which I was of the understanding they do have .
Degoey was almost directly behind the umpire when bouncing Walsh was on the other side any sort of contact which I believe does happen in the AFL and Degoey runs into the umpire .
Its Degoey here that should be penalised for setting up so close behind the umpire .
I vaguely remember something in the rules changing around the space behind umpires over the off season. cant remember exactly what it was though!

Im wiht you 100%. whats a man to do? Not contest?

Given the erratic nature of the AFL's tribunal system, you need to choose your battles wisely - while I think Walsh being singled-out for a fine in this case is harsh, I'm not sure it's worth running the gauntlet of the 'inconsistencies' of the system, shall we say. The system is so flimsy and makey-uppy that I think I'd be inclined in this case to just cop the fine and move on.

Having said that, here's to common sense prevailing, and the charge being thrown out.

Given the erratic nature of the AFL's tribunal system, you need to choose your battles wisely - while I think Walsh being singled-out for a fine in this case is harsh, I'm not sure it's worth running the gauntlet of the 'inconsistencies' of the system, shall we say. The system is so flimsy and makey-uppy that I think I'd be inclined in this case to just cop the fine and move on.

Having said that, here's to common sense prevailing, and the charge being thrown out.
which is pretty much where they want clubs to be I imagine.........we don't know wtf is going to happen so how the hell can you?

If Walsh had pushed DeGoey into the umpires area, then sure he is responsible.
But in this case Degoey was already there, it isnt Walsh's responsiblity to let him leave the area uninhibited.

The AFL advocate will argue that Walsh's actions caused the trip as DeGoey was trying to avoid the umpire but couldnt due to Walsh.
It is pretty basic to argue the reponse that it is DeGoey's fault as he was in the area already, and Walsh prevented him from leaving it, he did not push him into the area. They may argue that he shouldve let him leave the area, but that opens up players deliberately starting behind the umpire so they can get an unimpeeded run.

Honestly this years MRP is the worst of all time.

If Walsh had pushed DeGoey into the umpires area, then sure he is responsible.
But in this case Degoey was already there, it isnt Walsh's responsiblity to let him leave the area uninhibited.

The AFL advocate will argue that Walsh's actions caused the trip as DeGoey was trying to avoid the umpire but couldnt due to Walsh.
It is pretty basic to argue the reponse that it is DeGoey's fault as he was in the area already, and Walsh prevented him from leaving it, he did not push him into the area. They may argue that he shouldve let him leave the area, but that opens up players deliberately starting behind the umpire so they can get an unimpeeded run.

Honestly this years MRP is the worst of all time.
That's only because Christian and co are looking after their mates that is creating inconsistency..
It's a farce and there's no other word for it..

Misconduct?

That's ******* laughable. How embarrassing for the AFL that footage of the incident has been released.

We erred by not challenging the Setterfield incident, I'm glad we're not making the mistake here.

If he doesn't get off it's a disgrace.

**** that, should have appealed Setterfields and they should sue the MRP for wasting everybody’s time tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Misconduct?

That's ******* laughable. How embarrassing for the AFL that footage of the incident has been released.

We erred by not challenging the Setterfield incident, I'm glad we're not making the mistake here.

If he doesn't get off it's a disgrace.
Be prepared to be for disappointment..

Shame Walshy didn't change his surname to Ablett! :rage:

D6eAEKZUcAIoDFg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back