MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I often espouse the position that the AFL has an agenda against Carlton (or in the least an agenda in support of some of our competition), which is often hyperbole and emotional.. however that result at the Tribunal is more evidence of the AFL's utter antagonistic hatred for the Blues.. I mean what the * is that? Walsh did not intentionally push that s**t head into the umpire and... regardless.. if falling over was the worse that umpire got for the day after their performance against us this weekend, he got off lucky. Should have been stood down immediately, but of course he was following the AFL agenda so probably got a lovely cash bonus

Well its typically and totally unfair. The whole system is broken beyond repair.

However I dont mind Sam finding out about the 'Big League'. Any illusions he may have had are dispelled quickly.
A bit of extra incentive to stick it right up 'em won't go astray.

I often espouse the position that the AFL has an agenda against Carlton (or in the least an agenda in support of some of our competition), which is often hyperbole and emotional.. however that result at the Tribunal is more evidence of the AFL's utter antagonistic hatred for the Blues.. I mean what the **** is that? Walsh did not intentionally push that **** head into the umpire and... regardless.. if falling over was the worse that umpire got for the day after their performance against us this weekend, he got off lucky. Should have been stood down immediately, but of course he was following the AFL agenda so probably got a lovely cash bonus

A group of people sit around a cafe table, coffee and laptops strewn about. Lots of chatting and laughter.
Man 1: "Did you read FBI's post on the tribunal thread?"
Everyone falls quiet.
Woman 1: "The 'AFL has an agenda against Carlton' one?"
Man 1: (whispers) "Ah, yeah."
No-one catches anyone's eye. The sound of feet shifting on the floor. It's very uncomfortable for several moments. Finally......
Man 2: "He's better than that".
An eruption of agreement.
"Yep" "No question" "Good guy" "He'll be okay" "Sure he will".
Everyone gets back to talking and drinking and browsing.

If Walsh had pushed DeGoey into the umpires area, then sure he is responsible.
But in this case Degoey was already there, it isnt Walsh's responsiblity to let him leave the area uninhibited.

The AFL advocate will argue that Walsh's actions caused the trip as DeGoey was trying to avoid the umpire but couldnt due to Walsh.
It is pretty basic to argue the reponse that it is DeGoey's fault as he was in the area already, and Walsh prevented him from leaving it, he did not push him into the area. They may argue that he shouldve let him leave the area, but that opens up players deliberately starting behind the umpire so they can get an unimpeeded run.

Honestly this years MRP is the worst of all time.
Exactly. What a great precedent this sets. Midfielders can now line up as close as possible behind the umpire knowing their opposition can’t touch them without risking a fine if it results in any contact with the ump.

Absolutely farcical decision.

Exactly. What a great precedent this sets. Midfielders can now line up as close as possible behind the umpire knowing their opposition can’t touch them without risking a fine if it results in any contact with the ump.

Absolutely farcical decision.
They sh it in their own nest ..

Misconduct?

That's ******* laughable. How embarrassing for the AFL that footage of the incident has been released.

We erred by not challenging the Setterfield incident, I'm glad we're not making the mistake here.

If he doesn't get off it's a disgrace.

As I said - a disgrace.

He should've just elbowed De Goey in the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously stupid football club.

Arguing that it is the umpires fault? Seriously who was the bright spark who came up with that defense?

Not sure if i am disgusted or just stupefied.

A group of people sit around a cafe table, coffee and laptops strewn about. Lots of chatting and laughter.
Man 1: "Did you read FBI's post on the tribunal thread?"
Everyone falls quiet.
Woman 1: "The 'AFL has an agenda against Carlton' one?"
Man 1: (whispers) "Ah, yeah."
No-one catches anyone's eye. The sound of feet shifting on the floor. It's very uncomfortable for several moments. Finally......
Man 2: "He's better than that".
An eruption of agreement.
"Yep" "No question" "Good guy" "He'll be okay" "Sure he will".
Everyone gets back to talking and drinking and browsing.
Haha thanks Thy

Seriously stupid football club.

Arguing that it is the umpires fault? Seriously who was the bright spark who came up with that defense?

Not sure if i am disgusted or just stupefied.
On review he did move off his line though so it's a tangible argument that Walsh couldn't have anticipated that. Not sure shifting the blame to De Goey would have been any more successful.

Actually after further viewing, I don't think the decision is that bad. Ultimately he chose to push a player close to the path of an ump, and a fine is not a huge penalty to deter the act becoming a tactic.

Actually after further viewing, I don't think the decision is that bad. Ultimately he chose to push a player close to the path of an ump, and a fine is not a huge penalty to deter the act becoming a tactic.
By doing that you create the tactic of players using the umps as shields so they can't be pushed off. Why the * can't it just be play on nothing to see here.

By doing that you create the tactic of players using the umps as shields so they can't be pushed off. Why the **** can't it just be play on nothing to see here.
Flip side is you have players pushing opponents into umps to draw a free, then later claiming they were just denying the player a free run at the ball. I don't support the decision but I can see the potential reasoning beyond them simply out to get Carlton.

Am I the only one who doesn’t have a problem with the fine?

Look at the bright side people... a first year player was strong enough to push DeGoey off the ball. The way people talk about him he is the strongest man on the planet so look what we got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back