MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

The move from a tribunal to a MRP & subsequently to a MRO was supposed to lead to greater consistency & clarity. The opposite has happened & this process is about as clear as the Yarra River.
Par for the course with any AFL decision in recent years. At least that is consistent

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Honestly Gil and Steve Hocking should f*** off into the sunset and let people with half a brain run the show.

Embarrassing beyond belief..
Truer words have never been spoken..........and that Christian ar***ole deserves a serve as well for trying to justify letting mr baldy and fyfe off for deliberate hits to the head..........how many times does ablett have to throw out his forearm before the afl shows some guts!!! They are 100% playing favourites are "mr silver spoon gil" and his little mate hocking.........so much for stamping out cheap hits like they alluded to before the season?!?! They choose who they throw the book at the weak bastards!!!!!!:mad:

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Flip side is you have players pushing opponents into umps to draw a free, then later claiming they were just denying the player a free run at the ball. I don't support the decision but I can see the potential reasoning beyond them simply out to get Carlton.
Heres a thought don't allow a player (Degoey) to set up at the bounce almost directly behind the umpire .
So when there is some contact (Walsh) their is room to still avoid the umpire reversing from the bounce .
Its all come about because of the positioning of Degoey at the bounce .
Michael Christian is a joke and the AFL an even bigger joke with this decision being upheld .

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Truer words have never been spoken..........and that Christian ar***ole deserves a serve as well for trying to justify letting mr baldy and fyfe off for deliberate hits to the head..........how many times does ablett have to throw out his forearm before the afl shows some guts!!! They are 100% playing favourites are "mr silver spoon gil" and his little mate hocking.........so much for stamping out cheap hits like they alluded to before the season?!?! They choose who they throw the book at the weak bastards!!!!!!:mad:
When first viewing Abletts incident again this week first thought was he's done it again wtf but again I didn't think there was a lot in it but how often do you let players off for these close call acts ?.
However upon viewing Fyffes incident first thought was you must be kidding he got nothing for that .
The bias in football shown by the AFL is not an opinion shown by many anymore it is now out in the open and beyond questioning for all to see with the shenanigans theyve been up to this year .

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
On review he did move off his line though so it's a tangible argument that Walsh couldn't have anticipated that. Not sure shifting the blame to De Goey would have been any more successful.
Its a flawed argument. It is unrealistic to expect the umpire to always run directly straight backwards plus the onus is on the players to avoid the umpire.
Once they argue "its the umpires fault", they have lost.

You show Degoey always within the "umpires area". You show he never left the area. It is impossible for Walsh to push him into the umpires area if he has never left the area.

If the MRP had 2 brain cells, they wouldve fined both of them.
#1 dont push people anywhere near the umpires area
#2 dont start behind the umpire otherwise you have some responsibilty to the outcome

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
When first viewing Abletts incident again this week first thought was he's done it again wtf but again I didn't think there was a lot in it but how often do you let players off for these close call acts ?.
However upon viewing Fyffes incident first thought was you must be kidding he got nothing for that .
The bias in football shown by the AFL is not an opinion shown by many anymore it is now out in the open and beyond questioning for all to see with the shenanigans theyve been up to this year .

Fyfe more than likely would have got done as he did last time, however, imagine the uproar if the AFL rubbed him out and not the Golden child?
Ablett should not have been playing in the first instance.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Back in the day you would get let off with a warning, do it again and we will suspend you. Then, like in tis case, he does the same thing the next week - he gets suspended.

These days they tick the boxes on a piece of paper:

1. Is the effected player injured - If yes, must suspend. If no, continue on
2. What impact
3. Where did he get hit
4. Reportable offense etc
Lastly - Is the player a champion or a chance to win the brownlow? - If yes - disregard all previous questions and let them off

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Fyfe more than likely would have got done as he did last time, however, imagine the uproar if the AFL rubbed him out and not the Golden child?
Ablett should not have been playing in the first instance.
Good point they do it all the time get it wrong one week back themselves into a corner precedent is set then happens again the next week .

By upholding this decision, the afl have once again brought the game into disrepute.

It's been a very long time since the game has been 'in repute'...

Last edited:

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
So Jetta only got one week, what a ******* joke when put up against Setterfields tackle.

Have no idea why the club didn’t challenge it but it’s about time they stood up to this farcical system
Just listening to Dermie ,he was suggesting that the mrp will judge how bad the injury is..
Stupid I know..

I would normally write off Mummy's move as a clumsy bump, a footy incident. You can't go suspending players every time someone gets hurt. It's a contact sport, after all.

BUT I reckon Mummy goes into the clash swinging his arm looking to inflict damage. To me that establishes intent, and places huge doubt on any defense claiming his his kneeing was accidental. It's hard to prove intent, but the arm is pretty damning IMO. And Mummy has form on this.

Then again I don't own the MRO's magic 8-ball, their lucky coin or their blindfold/donkey tail combo. So I have no idea how to predict the outcome....

I would normally write off Mummy's move as a clumsy bump, a footy incident. You can't go suspending players every time someone gets hurt. It's a contact sport, after all.

BUT I reckon Mummy goes into the clash swinging his arm looking to inflict damage. To me that establishes intent, and places huge doubt on any defense claiming his his kneeing was accidental. It's hard to prove intent, but the arm is pretty damning IMO. And Mummy has form on this.

Then again I don't own the MRO's magic 8-ball, their lucky coin or their blindfold/donkey tail combo. So I have no idea how to predict the outcome....
1558332535081.png

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Back