MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Just as an aside, on Sam McClure's "Time On" show tonight, he said the AFL have sent a "Please Explain" to Carlton for the Cheer Squad calling the umpires "w***ers" in the Collingwood game in Round 8 two weeks ago. Gees, the AFL are really after us for some reason. This is the game where Collingwood had 24 free kicks to our 8 for the game.:mad:

I saw the response..

Dear AFL

We are sorry. The Cheer Squad is made up of two types of supporters.. Kids who should know better than using unsavory language towards an Official of the game and deserve some leeway due to their age, and adults who should have the book thrown at them for still being in a cheer squad.

Thanks

Carlton

Agree it’s unbelievable the troll Mumford gets off without any reprimand and or fine minimum.
What’s more pathetic is our footy ops mngr , Llyod applauding and condoning the behavior as desirable. So Krooz should have rammed his knee into any GWS midfielders kidneys in a falling action eyes on the ball of course and squared the ledger?

Yep, it’s clearly legal otherwise he’d have got suspended.
It’s not a game of soccer, this is a brutal sport that is significantly less brutal than it used to be but it’s still a game that when you get the opportunity to legally give a hit you take it.

It’s about time our players found a touch of that white line fever and did whatever it takes to get a win. It’s completely mindset

Just as an aside, on Sam McClure's "Time On" show tonight, he said the AFL have sent a "Please Explain" to Carlton for the Cheer Squad calling the umpires "w***ers" in the Collingwood game in Round 8 two weeks ago. Gees, the AFL are really after us for some reason. This is the game where Collingwood had 24 free kicks to our 8 for the game.:mad:
And what about the 50k blues supporters ..ban them from games ??they were calling them w***ers too ..I know I was from my lounge ..:p

It’s not a game of soccer, this is a brutal sport that is significantly less brutal than it used to be but it’s still a game that when you get the opportunity to legally give a hit you take it.

It’s about time our players found a touch of that white line fever and did whatever it takes to get a win. It’s completely mindset
Now your talking mongrel.... JustaBattler will be buying you a beer.....:D

Supporters and cheer squads have doing this for as long as I can remember.
My goodness, the AFL are showing that they do in fact have an agenda against us.

Would have thought durdins shepherd was completely legal still got a week

It’s about time our players found a touch of that white line fever and did whatever it takes to get a win. It’s completely mindset.

Who would you consider in our team is aggressive or hard enough to do this?
There is a whole thread on this, seems even though we don’t really have enough, there is a bit to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s in the heat of the moment, adrenaline and emotions running through the veins. I know I did and said things on the footy field I would never say off it. I’ve heard way worse (directed at umps on the field) that has been simply shrugged off due to ‘the moment’.
I agree with you outside of this though.
I sung out, on the field in primary school, "You're a ******* idiot!"... those exact words... aimed at the umpire... who unfortunately was also a teacher at my school. Fortunately, one of my team mates had done something stupid further up the ground passed the umpire/teacher, so I was able to blag my way out of it by saying I had aimed it at my team mate who made the mistake!

My rage is indescribable.

I understand the umpires grant 1 warning before penalising the 6-6-6 rule but to be charged with umpire dissent is ******* insane.

Next year you’ll be fine for forgetting to say “thank you” after getting a free kick.

I disagree, that was a calculated response from the club.

Start hardening the **** up, grow some balls and be much harder at the football and the man

I so hope you are right - all I've seen from Carlton FOR 20 YEARS is a bunch of soft underbellied puppies - with precious few exceptions.

I understand the umpires grant 1 warning before penalising the 6-6-6 rule but to be charged with umpire dissent is ******* insane.

Next year you’ll be fine for forgetting to say “thank you” after getting a free kick.
Finally, a rule change that won’t effect us

and rightly so - game doesn't need rudeness or poor manners.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back