MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL rules regarding what is and what isn't 'correct disposal' pretty much guarantee chicken wing outcomes of various degrees - all the time.
Wanna get rid of chicken wings/congestion and stoopid free kick wards based on lottery results? - Easy - get rid of stoopid handball requirement to dispose of ball and watch the game flourish.

AFL rules regarding what is and what isn't 'correct disposal' pretty much guarantee chicken wing outcomes of various degrees - all the time.
Wanna get rid of chicken wings/congestion and stoopid free kick wards based on lottery results? - Easy - get rid of stoopid handball requirement to dispose of ball and watch the game flourish.
Award a free kick for one arm tackles. It was never part of the game until someone had a bright idea.

Award a free kick for one arm tackles. It was never part of the game until someone had a bright idea.

How do you then tackle blokes who use a fend-off?

naahh the easiest 'fix' for a lot of 'ills' that give fans the irrits over umpiring decisions is to get rid of the incorrect disposal rule - bring on teh rugby pass and watch teh game become absolutely awesome - sans 50% of umpire complaining.

These days players are allowed to spn 360degrees, land on ground held by tackler, throw it (when not in view of ump) spill itin a tackle, defenders pull ball back in to tackled player - defenders pile on tackled players etc etc etc - all BS which has nothign to do with free flowing game and all coach designed to make it a third rate version of a rugby maul or ruck .

#freetheballmakeAFLgreat(er)

How do you then tackle blokes who use a fend-off?

naahh the easiest 'fix' for a lot of 'ills' that give fans the irrits over umpiring decisions is to get rid of the incorrect disposal rule - bring on teh rugby pass and watch teh game become absolutely awesome - sans 50% of umpire complaining.

These days players are allowed to spn 360degrees, land on ground held by tackler, throw it (when not in view of ump) spill itin a tackle, defenders pull ball back in to tackled player - defenders pile on tackled players etc etc etc - all BS which has nothign to do with free flowing game and all coach designed to make it a third rate version of a rugby maul or ruck .

#freetheballmakeAFLgreat(er)
1 player 1 tackler 2nd player to tackle Auto free kick to the person being tackled for stopping the game.

Our game is a high scoring game it has become boring with its rolling mauls.

1 player 1 tackler 2nd player to tackle Auto free kick to the person being tackled for stopping the game.

Our game is a high scoring game it has become boring with its rolling mauls.
I'm all for freeing the game up

your suggestion though means players leave ball alone and wait for someone to take possession before double tackling....?

It wouldn’t be Australian Football if you could throw it. It is an absolute fundamental of our game.

It wouldn’t be Australian Football if you could throw it. It is an absolute fundamental of our game.

hahaha - no one 'throws' a rugby ball - have you ever seen anyone 'throw' a rugby ball - wouldn't go very far...but a properly executed bullet with spin sizzles through the air for a good 20 meters in very quick time...

yeah I get it - punch the ball is AFL just like not tackling below knees is - except they also give frees for above the knees in AFL anyway...but no frees for kneeing a bloke in the back of the head at full speed..no that is ok! :drunk:

pretty sure it's a no-no in nrl - someone will know know.............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wheel is turning.

No case to answer yet I am still strangely relieved that Cripps didn’t get a two week suspension with an early plea, and will get to play next week and round one next season.

The wheel is turning.

No case to answer yet I am still strangely relieved that Cripps didn’t get a two week suspension with an early plea, and will get to play next week and round one next season.
It’s just that he is in the possible Brownlow winner exemption from suspension category. It’s all about the optics for Gil

It’s just that he is in the possible Brownlow winner exemption from suspension category. It’s all about the optics for Gil
Didn’t think there was anything in it.

Then again thought that Setterfield only made one tackle motion and left an arm free for the opponent to protect himself, still cost him two weeks of the season.

No.

Have a look at the vision.

Nothing in it.

I agree there’s nothing in it, but I think with the Fyfe and Ablett precedent my point still stands. I’m also of the view that some of our players have received suspensions or fines in the last couple of years when there’s been nothing in it

Last edited:
I'm all for freeing the game up

your suggestion though means players leave ball alone and wait for someone to take possession before double tackling....?
the second tackler would trigger a free to the tackled player, incorrect disposal or dislodging the ball in the tackle would result in a free to the tackler.

JAB is from Sydney. ;)
yep - and I think the punch the ball nonsense is hysterically stoopid as are those who think that punching the ball is what differentiates AFL from rugby codes - ill informed nonsense.

It is the lack of offside rules that is the major difference and why AFL is so exciting - until umpires get involved wit their personal 'interpretations'.

yep - and I think the punch the ball nonsense is hysterically stoopid as are those who think that punching the ball is what differentiates AFL from rugby codes - ill informed nonsense.

It is the lack of offside rules that is the major difference and why AFL is so exciting - until umpires get involved wit their personal 'interpretations'.
I’m happy to play the straight man. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back