MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you shake the post you pay the free kick at the goal line. He shook the post. No warnings needed from the umps. Those are the rules.
Nope. Rule is, intentionally shake the post. As I said above there are plenty of times where the letter is the law isn’t adhered to. Should frees be paid when a player knees another guy in the head when taking a hanger? Letter of the law is thats head high contact.

Nope. Rule is, intentionally shake the post. As I said above there are plenty of times where the letter is the law isn’t adhered to. Should frees be paid when a player knees another guy in the head when taking a hanger? Letter of the law is thats head high contact.
If the umpire did pay the free kick to *, would you be here saying they got it wrong?

As for Durdin getting suspended for that, after what happened to Higgins last year...

This is up there. I've been left shaking my head a few times, but this is up there.

Sorry for trespassing guys but the Durdin suspension has given me acid all week. I can't stop yelling at everyone. This game has gone to Sh?t. What made it worse is the obvious Ablett & Fyfe fiasco but now when I'm tweaking my Fantasy side I've just noticed that Rohan is selected and playing. Not sure if he ever had concussion and if so it should be mandatory to miss a week. I feel for Sam as I feel he did everything possible to lay a fair bump and your club has let him and the game down by bending over.

Sorry for trespassing guys but the Durdin suspension has given me acid all week. I can't stop yelling at everyone. This game has gone to Sh?t. What made it worse is the obvious Ablett & Fyfe fiasco but now when I'm tweaking my Fantasy side I've just noticed that Rohan is selected and playing. Not sure if he ever had concussion and if so it should be mandatory to miss a week. I feel for Sam as I feel he did everything possible to lay a fair bump and your club has let him and the game down by bending over.

I hadn't noticed Rohan is playing. Just LOL.

What's the level of farce after "high farce"? Because the AFL has just gone two levels past that.

"As he tinkers with his blocking technique". Lol.

Chris is as full of s**t as his brother.

Both of them should have been lawyers/politicians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its a given that accidental head clash from a bump is a foreseeable outcome and players have no defense even when shepherding like Durds was how the * is it not forseeable that climbing the goal post will shake it?

Of course it will shake if you climb it!!! Therefore intending to climb the thing means you intend to shake it cos that is what will happen when you climb it.

There are no grounds for a challenge.

The way the rule has been written ensures that.

It's a loaded deck.

You can't beat that.

Ridiculous and beggars belief, but that is the reality of our "sport".
The challenge would have to be something along the lines of the act of the shepherd being legal but the accidental head clash rule can't foresee every circumstance.

The challenge would fail at the tribunal because they don't have the power to deem whether the rule is correct or not.

I'm sure if a club mounted a legal challenge via the courts the accidental head clash rule would be thrown out.

While disappointed I can see why we wouldn't go down the legal route.

We heard last year on multiple occasions that the AFL had the power to overrule any manifestly unjust tribunal decisions.
And last week we heard they have a good bloke clause if needed, are we expected to really swallow that this decision cannot possibly be altered???
If a club took this to the courts you can bet the accidental head clash rule would be thrown out but knowing the AFL you can bet the AFL would find ways to make sure the club got their comeuppance.

If a club took this to the courts you can bet the accidental head clash rule would be thrown out but knowing the AFL you can bet the AFL would find ways to make sure the club got their comeuppance.
It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. Say if Cotchin bumped someone in the same manner with the same results in a prelim with a GF place on the line I can’t see the AFL doing anything but flipping.

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. Say if Cotchin bumped someone in the same manner with the same results in a prelim with a GF place on the line I can’t see the AFL doing anything but flipping.
The thing is he wouldn't be cited and when quizzed the idiot MRO would just waffle some crap and the status quo would be preserved so no need for the AFL to flip.

View attachment 675401
I thought you posted that as a joke. Next thing we'll be hearing is that his old man is upset about people describing his conduct.
Oh look. Mr Entitled is upset he has been labelled a sniper. Well Mr Entitled here is a bit of advice for you. If you don't like being labelled as a sniper, stop sniping.

"As he tinkers with his blocking technique". Lol.

His illegal blocking technique:

18.3 PREVENTING A PLAYER TAKING PART IN THE NEXT ACT OF PLAY If a Player intentionally makes Prohibited Contact against an opposition Player who has disposed of the football for the purpose of preventing that Player from taking part in the next act of play, the field Umpire shall award a Free Kick and a Fifty Metre Penalty to that Player.

17.3 PROHIBITED CONTACT
17.3.2 Free Kicks - Prohibited Contact A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player when that Player makes any of the following Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player:
(j) strikes or attempts to strike an opposition Player, whether by hand, fist, arm, knee or head;

So Durdin is suspended due to the impact on Rohan. Rohan’s kicked two great marks and two goals in the first couple of minutes. Lucky he wasn’t concused.
Well done north on not challenging

Would have lost anyway. The rule specifically targets what Durds did.

This highlights the stupidity of it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back