2019 Music

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks like John Frusciante is rejoining the Chili Peppers... I actually enjoyed their albums with Josh Klinghoffer but this is great news

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Been digging the new Oso Oso album. Highly recommend that.

as for the National, I really love their latest album. Whilst it’s not their best, there’s some really beautiful songs and they finally put Rylan out so just for that alone it was worth it.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
In the last week or so, I've been listening a fair bit to Lana Del Rey's album, and it's really, really good.

Never thought I'd feel that way about an LDR album, but here we are. 🤷‍♂️

Just realised I never posted my favourite albums of last year here. Anyway, here they are:

Seagull A Voice in the Ward
ClippingThere Existed an Addiction to Blood
Billy Woods & Kenny Segal Hiding Places
UboaThe Origin of My Depression
Trey Gruber Herculean House of Cards
black midiSchlagenheim
Dury Dava S/T
Phineus IIMeridian Response
Odd Okoddo Auma
CHANEZEGHUSL
Kankyo OngakuJapanese Ambient, Environmental & New Age Music 1980-1990
Liturgy H.A.Q.Q.
GriseldaWWCD
Weyes Blood Titanic Rising
Alex CameronMiami Memory
MIKE Tears of Joy
Rafael Anton IrisarriSolastalgia
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib Bandana
Mdou MoctarIlana (The Creator)

Shun Konno「rusted existence」

Tropical * StormBraindrops, Nihiloxica Biiri, slowthai Nothing Great About Britain, Kirin J Callinan Return to Center, Earl Sweatshirt FEET OF CLAY, Injury Reserve – ST, Mr Key & Greenwood Sharps – Green & Gold, Westside Gunn Flygod is an Awesome God, Boreal Massif We All Have An Impact, Billy Woods Terror Management, Lightning Bolt – Sonic Citadel, Tyler, the Creator – IGOR, Matana Roberts Coin Coin Chapter Four: Memphis, Show Me the Body – Dog Whistle, Private Function – St Anger, Estee Nack & Giallo Point – Papitas, The Comet is Coming – Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery, Lim Kim – GENERASIAN, SAULT – 5, Waste of Space Orchestra – Syntheosis, FKA twigs – MAGDALENE, Ill Considered Ill Considered 5, 6 & 8, Issam Hajali Mouasalat Ila Jacad El Ard, U-Bahn – ST, Pinch Points – Moving Parts, Aldous Harding – Designer, Angel Olsen – All Mirrors, The Good Ones– RWANDA you should be loved, ARSE – Safe Word, MIYNT - Stay On Your Mind, Dope PurpleGrateful End

Weak year compared to 2018 IMHO, but still produced a number of gems. Plenty of quality albums (see honourable mentions) but lacked the quantity of standouts that 2018 had.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
You had a chance to check out the debut LP from his keyboardist and backing vocalist Holiday Sidewinder? I thought that was really solid too.
Been enjoying that album a lot over the last few days. Production and writing is great, vocals are solid (just feel a tad short of where they need to be at certain moments to push some tracks over the edge). Was thrilled to hear of her family connections as well (Loene Carmen, Claudia Karvan, Aden Young, etc., all faves of mine). Has a bit of that Callinan/Cameron-type vibe about it, but uses other influences quite well.

Whispers is a great track.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been enjoying that album a lot over the last few days. Production and writing is great, vocals are solid (just feel a tad short of where they need to be at certain moments to push some tracks over the edge). Was thrilled to hear of her family connections as well (Loene Carmen, Claudia Karvan, Aden Young, etc., all faves of mine). Has a bit of that Callinan/Cameron-type vibe about it, but uses other influences quite well.

If sung by some reality star industry plant, Whispers would have been a top 10 track on the ARIA charts. It's masterful pop imo.

If sung by some reality star industry plant, Whispers would have been a top 10 track on the ARIA charts. It's masterful pop imo.
Thought the same. Such a gem of a tune. Could easily see someone listening to it and mistaking it for some forgotten pop hit. One of the best pop tracks to come out of Australia in some time IMO.

Leo is also a great track.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Quite enjoyed the Like a Version from The Vanns today.

The main point of this post being however that their 2019 debut album was ******* killer and extremely overlooked.

Back