Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
With Titch now out for the season, it will make things very interesting...at least everyone won't have the same captain every week... wide open for who will be the #1 player.. my top 3 predictions are:
1) Macrae
2) Zerrett
3) Grundy
Zerrett for sure if

1. No injuries/concussions
2. Shiel doesn't steal points away from him

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I don't have the team picker but i believe this team will fit inside the salary cap. If not, i have a couple downgrades in mind. Obviously rookies will be selected later

B: Laird, Williams, Newman, Smith
C: Macrae, Neale, Merrett, Treloar, Hall, Hannebery
R: Grundy, Kreuzer
F: Danger, Heeney, Westhoff, Greene

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

First crack...reckon suns players will make good $$$ early.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I don't have the team picker but i believe this team will fit inside the salary cap. If not, i have a couple downgrades in mind. Obviously rookies will be selected later

B: Laird, Williams, Newman, Smith
C: Macrae, Neale, Merrett, Treloar, Hall, Hannebery
R: Grundy, Kreuzer
F: Danger, Heeney, Westhoff, Greene
You will probably have nothing but rookies to go with them. I've only got 5 players above $700K atm. You have 8.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
As much as I can't stand the little sniper, I had Toby Greene locked into my forward line as his price is just too low not to. I then see this on the AFL site regarding GWS:

DontEvenThinkAboutIt.jpg

Toby Greene (FWD, $434,100) looks an absolute steal following a horrific season, managing just seven games for an average of 67. Having said that, he is not yet training with the main group and poses as an under-priced upgrade during the season once he hits his straps.

Will need to see what happens between now and season start.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
As much as I can't stand the little sniper, I had Toby Greene locked into my forward line as his price is just too low not to. I then see this on the AFL site regarding GWS:

DontEvenThinkAboutIt.jpg

Toby Greene (FWD, $434,100) looks an absolute steal following a horrific season, managing just seven games for an average of 67. Having said that, he is not yet training with the main group and poses as an under-priced upgrade during the season once he hits his straps.

He had an injury affected start last year too and look at how that ended for him

Needs to be in tip top shape I think to go there. Reminds me of Rockys durability a bit.

Some players like Nroo, Pendles, Danger etc would play through these issues and build fitness, just not sure Greene has that in him.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would the actual injury be considered ??? Coming back from an ACL is never easy. Whereas Osteitis Pubis is a condition a lot of players deal with ?? Beyond that, I have no idea ???

i think they have some way factored in Crouches 2017 finals. his price is closer to 30% off his finals average of 121 (30% would take him to approx 85 ave and he is at 89)

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

DontEvenThinkAboutIt.jpg

im still having him as a placeholder as he is so underpriced but would want him joining training soon. not sure theres anyone else around his price id be interested in either (as a fwd)

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can see the melts already. Newman and Worpel, are you really going to go there??

Newman is a seagull. Average footballer but perfect for DT. Carlton love to mark kick. I think he will average 90.

Worpel will probably go. Just needed a hawk in there with the titch injury. Will watch JLT, but Hawthorns midfield is pathetic with titch out for the season and I can see worpel playing a full season as an inside mid. Loves to tackle

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
i think they have some way factored in Crouches 2017 finals. his price is closer to 30% off his finals average of 121 (30% would take him to approx 85 ave and he is at 89)
Everyone's price is based on their 2018 season average prior to finals. It just seems to be an odd anomaly.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone's price is based on their 2018 season average prior to finals. It just seems to be an odd anomaly.
yeah I know, just trying to think of reasons why the anomaly exists.

There is a possibility it is a mistake and when the game actually opens it is different as there is this note on the team picker. You'd think its unlikely but not impossible.

PLEASE NOTE: All 2019 Team Picker player prices are currently tentative and subject to change. Be sure to check back often for any possible updates as you trial various team selections.

The interesting thing about it is also that at that price it makes him an instant pass for most due to injury history and limited trades.
With the full 30% he becomes highly relevant but still a risk with his history so would make it still a decision to be made and one that could dictate seasons. If anything Doc is the one you'd give less discount as at 30% he is autoselect but a 10-15% may have made people consider if he is starting squad or upgrade and create more team variety.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
yeah I know, just trying to think of reasons why the anomaly exists.

The interesting thing about it is also that at that price it makes him an instant pass for most due to injury history and limited trades.
With the full 30% he becomes highly relevant but still a risk with his history so would make it still a decision to be made and one that could dictate seasons. If anything Doc is the one you'd give less discount as at 30% he is autoselect but a 10-15% may have made people consider if he is starting squad or upgrade and create more team variety
Totally agree.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

DontEvenThinkAboutIt.jpg

I said earlier id have greene at that price (he started running today btw)

Strangely though the price in that screenshot is his exact RDT price. His AFL fantasy price is actually $604,00 (ave of mid 80s). This section of the article from your screenshot is updated now.

That makes him a definite no go for me in AF as would rather pick a player with a full PS around a similar price (Billings? Wingard?) if my structure/budget dictates a player in that bracket.

He remains firmly on my radar in RDT though although limited trades adding risk so will be monitoring news of increasing training load and wanting to see strong JLT minutes. But at a price of 60 even a lowish start makes money as long as he hits straps around the 1st month.

Back