Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my very early side, lot of tinkering to go

View attachment 621256
I would certainly suggest Rozee as a better option than Logue as I see him as a more negating type tall defender. You obviously haven't read the news that Wigg has done his ACL and will not play this year. If you have enough cash still, I feel S Collins will be a good bench option.
I don't believe that Smith has any growth in him in 2019 as he won't be given the freedom he enjoyed last year. I've gone with Heeney instead as my F2. Starting with Macrae takes up a heap of cash which leaves you weak elsewhere. I'm banking on him having 1 poor game in the first 8-9 matches whereby he will be available around $150K less. That's when I'll bring him in. Grundy can serve as a likely captain in lieu of him.

Pretty solid Hepps although I would be inclined to replace one of the premium mids to a premium forward. Even though Rankine is going to be a very good footballer, he has never been an accumulator hence he is far more suited to SC rather than RDT.
I'm tossing up between Hall and Hanners. I'm already taking Miles as I believe he's capable of scoring the most of the three.

Pretty solid Hepps although I would be inclined to replace one of the premium mids to a premium forward. Even though Rankine is going to be a very good footballer, he has never been an accumulator hence he is far more suited to SC rather than RDT.
I'm tossing up between Hall and Hanners. I'm already taking Miles as I believe he's capable of scoring the most of the three.

It's funny how everyone views the mid pricers, I have Hall above the others due to his lack of injury history and he'll be down the pecking order at North for a tag so should be given the freedom to accumulate. I don't trust Hanners body to hold out and he's already having an interrupted pre season, I trust Libba a bit more but half expect him to go down with a hamstring at some stage during the year. I like Miles but don't think he has anything above 85 in him, feel that Libba and Hall are good for 90+.

I don't like the value of the premium forwards this year, I'd rather hold out and see who the leaders of the pack are, so my choice is Libba and Rankine or Worpel and basement mid rookie at this stage.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 8.54.53 am.png

Mine as it stands at the moment. Only major issue I've got is a slight oversupply of round 12 byes (Sicily, McGrath, Macrae, Merrett, Rockliff, Smith, Worpel), so I may have to juggle something there.

At this point I'm likely to move Sicily to Witherden or Whitfield, and Macrae to a round 13 bye mid (one of Brayshaw, Oliver or Yeo most likely)

Mine as it stands at the moment. Only major issue I've got is a slight oversupply of round 12 byes (Sicily, McGrath, Macrae, Merrett, Rockliff, Smith, Worpel), so I may have to juggle something there.

At this point I'm likely to move Sicily to Witherden or Whitfield, and Macrae to a round 13 bye mid (one of Brayshaw, Oliver or Yeo most likely)

Thought I read somewhere Longer is injured??? (could be completely wrong on that one). I like the idea of Smith and Danger straight up in the forward line. Have the Bombers given any more detail on the extent his bicep injury?

Strangely enough I have been toying with either Rocky or SPP in my team?

It's funny how everyone views the mid pricers, I have Hall above the others due to his lack of injury history and he'll be down the pecking order at North for a tag so should be given the freedom to accumulate. I don't trust Hanners body to hold out and he's already having an interrupted pre season, I trust Libba a bit more but half expect him to go down with a hamstring at some stage during the year. I like Miles but don't think he has anything above 85 in him, feel that Libba and Hall are good for 90+.

I don't like the value of the premium forwards this year, I'd rather hold out and see who the leaders of the pack are, so my choice is Libba and Rankine or Worpel and basement mid rookie at this stage.
Libba has never had soft tissue injuries that I can recall, his problems are structural with his knee and ankle/foot.

Hall is way more injury prone than Miles and Hanners imo, Miles was stuck in the VFL being neglected, while Hanners has been fairly durable his whole career, aside from the last 18 months or so wear and tear has gotten to him.

Libba has never had soft tissue injuries that I can recall, his problems are structural with his knee and ankle/foot.

Hall is way more injury prone than Miles and Hanners imo, Miles was stuck in the VFL being neglected, while Hanners has been fairly durable his whole career, aside from the last 18 months or so wear and tear has gotten to him.

With my thoughts on Libba it's more in regards to the soft tissue issues that can come about after you have a knee reco. Funnily enough Hanners injury issues have occurred since his knee injury in the 2016 grand final, he hasn't put a sustained period of form together since.

I'm happy to be wrong with regards to Hall but thought his previous injuries were more impact related around 2016/17 but had more issues breaking back into the team due to falling out of favour with coaching staff.

Miles is probably the safest bet with regards to injury but imo has the lowest ceiling, you will be upgrading him, what we have seen from Hall in the past is that he could be a keeper, my hopes are that he's eventually bench cover and saves a trade down the track.

Libba is value however I very much doubt he'll go 90+. He hasn't gone more than 82 since 2014. If Hall IS allowed to roam free he will be a good mid price option but the question is "will Scott allow him to do that?"

Libba is value however I very much doubt he'll go 90+. He hasn't gone more than 82 since 2014. If Hall IS allowed to roam free he will be a good mid price option but the question is "will Scott allow him to do that?"

Hall is a great fit for the Roos, perfect foil for Higgins as that second possession midfielder with breakaway speed, but also very capable in tight

Both having very good pre-seasons.
Has there been much said where Port plan to use Rocky?

Obviously with Wingard going out, it opens up a spot in the midfield rotation. Wines hurting his shoulder potentially opens up a spot however I think he's a chance to play round 1 so it doesn't really count for anything.

Like I want to pick Rocky but I think his big scoring days are oven given he's not in the same system he was at Brisbane and the shoulders have really set him back. He's a 130 in the pre season off being selected in most people's teams that have been playing long enough to remember him in his prime though I dare say.

Has there been much said where Port plan to use Rocky?

Obviously with Wingard going out, it opens up a spot in the midfield rotation. Wines hurting his shoulder potentially opens up a spot however I think he's a chance to play round 1 so it doesn't really count for anything.

Like I want to pick Rocky but I think his big scoring days are oven given he's not in the same system he was at Brisbane and the shoulders have really set him back. He's a 130 in the pre season off being selected in most people's teams that have been playing long enough to remember him in his prime though I dare say.

He'll play in the midfield exclusively. Ebert is being moved to the forward line. That leaves Wines (when fit), SPP and Rockliff as the grunt.

He's three months ahead of where he was at the same time last year and the shoulder is in a much better place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Rocky play anything of a run-with role last year at times?? I swear I remember some games where he punched out a good quarter then shifted to another role and the points dried up very quickly.

Did Rocky play anything of a run-with role last year at times?? I swear I remember some games where he punched out a good quarter then shifted to another role and the points dried up very quickly.

Only game I remember was against the Hawks where he completely shut down Tom Mitchell after he had like 25 possessions in the first half.

He had a purple patch of about 5-6 weeks in the middle of the season once his fitness finally caught up to everyone else. He was the Rocky of old for a bit there.

We have a few good contacts with the club on our board and the noise is very good on him. Knows his team mates more, his fitness base is infinitely better than last year and he's playing all match simulation in the middle.

He won't be 140+ Rocky week in week out, but he will be far better than he is priced.

Only game I remember was against the Hawks where he completely shut down Tom Mitchell after he had like 25 possessions in the first half.

He had a purple patch of about 5-6 weeks in the middle of the season once his fitness finally caught up to everyone else. He was the Rocky of old for a bit there.

We have a few good contacts with the club on our board and the noise is very good on him. Knows his team mates more, his fitness base is infinitely better than last year and he's playing all match simulation in the middle.

He won't be 140+ Rocky week in week out, but he will be far better than he is priced.
You are certainly putting him in my planning. If he were to come into my starting lineup it would be at the expense of Martin. Alternately, if I can find an extra $50K I could replace Hall for him.
All three of them should increase their 2018 figures by at least 15 points.

I was pretty happy with my team which included Longer at R2, with news he will miss rd 1 that causes a real dilemma.

His replacement Pierce is a straight swap at the same price, but really cant back that in unless there was word Longer would be out for a long time as the JS is too flimsy. Almost certain to cause a restructure but I have no idea who to put at R2 and therefore how much cash I need to be looking for!

I was pretty happy with my team which included Longer at R2, with news he will miss rd 1 that causes a real dilemma.

His replacement Pierce is a straight swap at the same price, but really cant back that in unless there was word Longer would be out for a long time as the JS is too flimsy. Almost certain to cause a restructure but I have no idea who to put at R2 and therefore how much cash I need to be looking for!

So I just rejigged my team to have English at R2 instead of Longer. Net result: Lost a mid-pricer from the backline, and a slight reshuffle of players in the middle

So I just rejigged my team to have English at R2 instead of Longer. Net result: Lost a mid-pricer from the backline, and a slight reshuffle of players in the middle
not keen on english unless becomes apparent he is the number 1.
Ill probably wait now until JLT to see rookies become clearer and watch the rucks to see what way I go.

Heeney probably the 1 in the gun but then still probably leaves me with a ruck im not comfortable with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back