Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

With my experiences with SC with the rolling lockout, it gives you two captain options most weeks as your R3 is normally a safe loophole option (preferably a bottom priced ruck forward rookie who plays on Sunday's regularly)

That is all mainly, very rarely I'm in a position to loophole bench rookies if they score well as others will be locked out and so on, rookies/bench types are horses for courses I won't sacrifice my team by having tactical loopholers on every line, it's simply idiotic to do so as you weaken your squad depth and cash cow making ability in doing so. I'd preferably have someone playing on a Sunday to cover a potential donut rather than a tactical loophole donut.

Seen idiots burnt by trying to loophole every flog on every line then someone is a late withdrawal on a Sunday meaning they can't trade/move players around, have won finals via this over the years.
I think I'll follow the same approach pups and pretty much go "set and forget" on Friday night other than captain loophole. I will still probably do my trade(s) before the start of the round as I just want to not worry about them afterwards.

Some of the more risky picks I'm considering are

D3-4: Witherden, Sicily, McGrath, Mills, Newman
F3-4: T.Kelly, Wingard, Billings, Mundy

I was burnt badly by Billings last year and so he should be a 'never again', but he's at a good price and had a ripper second half of 2018 (the bastard). I would probably prefer to go Wingard, but Chad has had a few injury issues and unsure what his role will be at Hawthorn.

Ye SC is something i think ill focus more on that RDT now, i mean i only started SC 2 years ago and lets see my history, started SC in 2017: rank 8673, 2018: rank 5490 :p....not bad!

mind you i have been doing RDT or DT for over 10 years....but never liked SC but dipped toes in and been doing better hahaha, i guess the dying of RDT has made me more interested in SC since its so popular and more fun IMO now given i kind of understand the scoring system now hahaha

Is it just me or why cant i find anything on JLT this year on afl.com??? Is it even happening lol
Go to "fixtures", then top left under where it says "by round" there is a drop down menu. Using that, you can find the 2019 JLT fixtures. There are only 2 rounds kicking off on Feb 28th

Ye SC is something i think ill focus more on that RDT now, i mean i only started SC 2 years ago and lets see my history, started SC in 2017: rank 8673, 2018: rank 5490 :p....not bad!

mind you i have been doing RDT or DT for over 10 years....but never liked SC but dipped toes in and been doing better hahaha, i guess the dying of RDT has made me more interested in SC since its so popular and more fun IMO now given i kind of understand the scoring system now hahaha
Sounds like the death of kliq league. Not sure how you can get so excited about finishing 5490.
How can SC be more fun? You can't follow your score through the game and to be honest, no one can truly understand their ridiculous scoring system.
No matter how few play RDT it will always be a better comp than SC.

With all the talk and recent articles about who will be the beneficiaries of the new kick in rules, I wonder who will be the losers due to it?
I doubt that those kicking in will continue with the dinky little kick to the pocket this year. Therefore the number of players who consistently took those easy +6s will no longer do so.
Would love champion data to give a similar report on the recipients of these last year.

With all the talk and recent articles about who will be the beneficiaries of the new kick in rules, I wonder who will be the losers due to it?
I doubt that those kicking in will continue with the dinky little kick to the pocket this year. Therefore the number of players who consistently took those easy +6s will no longer do so.
Would love champion data to give a similar report on the recipients of these last year.
I think you are spot on there. I did see one fantasy article that touched on this but didn't go in to depth. But those that received that short kick and then went down the line you would think are no longer relevant kick in options. Ball movement will be longer and more direct. Not sure how to best identify who those players were though.

Sounds like the death of kliq league. Not sure how you can get so excited about finishing 5490.
How can SC be more fun? You can't follow your score through the game and to be honest, no one can truly understand their ridiculous scoring system.

I like the fact that SC is fairly different. I definitely prefer DT but i think there are some good qualities to SC and the fact its so popular means more competition, i do realise popularity is not an actual 'quality' of SC but in this context ill use that word.

I like the fact that the scoring system generally results in higher scores than DT across the board combined with more variation in scores. After initially hating the fact that scores are scaled and a set amount of points must be scored each game, i realised that it makes initial prices and price movements interesting as the total budget remains the same season after season. I like the fact that you can use loopholes too.

That said, i despise the fact that RDT is trying to appease those that prefer SC. I like the partial lockout (and thus loopholes) in SC but i like it because its different (well was) to DT which is the game i originally played and loved. I did not want partial lockouts and loopholes in RDT. I love the eliminator, i love the pricing (discounts etc), i love the scoring system, i love the fact that DT scores are updated live and i love(d) full lockouts. To me, DT will always be the ultimate fantasy game BUT to say SC has no good qualities is a gross exaggeration in my opinion....but of course you are welcome to have that as your opinion.

nah mate dont worry im doing RDT too.

As for score i check at each quarter on fanfooty, its updated live, but yes i do count it for RDT then compare. I try have similar teams tbh so can cheer for same players :D I do love RDT way more but its dying every year it seems.

nah mate dont worry im doing RDT too.

As for score i check at each quarter on fanfooty, its updated live, but yes i do count it for RDT then compare. I try have similar teams tbh so can cheer for same players :D I do love RDT way more but its dying every year it seems.
I don't think RDT is dying. SuperCoach has a huge percentage of teams which are beyond rubbish and plenty of ghost ships once the season gets towards the mid part of the season. I think RDT players would be a lot more serious as a whole.

I like the fact that SC is fairly different. I definitely prefer DT but i think there are some good qualities to SC and the fact its so popular means more competition, i do realise popularity is not an actual 'quality' of SC but in this context ill use that word.

I like the fact that the scoring system generally results in higher scores than DT across the board combined with more variation in scores. After initially hating the fact that scores are scaled and a set amount of points must be scored each game, i realised that it makes initial prices and price movements interesting as the total budget remains the same season after season. I like the fact that you can use loopholes too.

That said, i despise the fact that RDT is trying to appease those that prefer SC. I like the partial lockout (and thus loopholes) in SC but i like it because its different (well was) to DT which is the game i originally played and loved. I did not want partial lockouts and loopholes in RDT. I love the eliminator, i love the pricing (discounts etc), i love the scoring system, i love the fact that DT scores are updated live and i love(d) full lockouts. To me, DT will always be the ultimate fantasy game BUT to say SC has no good qualities is a gross exaggeration in my opinion....but of course you are welcome to have that as your opinion.
You have just agreed with what I said.
RDT is the better competition. I didn't say that SC has NO good qualities but I was questioning CrozaN's logic of saying it was more fun.

I don't think RDT is dying. SuperCoach has a huge percentage of teams which are beyond rubbish and plenty of ghost ships once the season gets towards the mid part of the season. I think RDT players would be a lot more serious as a whole.

it seems every year less and less teams sign up and prizes seem to get alot worst. But it's no biggy, just saying it has over the years.

You have just agreed with what I said.
RDT is the better competition. I didn't say that SC has NO good qualities but I was questioning CrozaN's logic of saying it was more fun.

Well not more fun, i guess exciting when a player does a good play because you know they get extra points, and you take notice and focus on their efficiency. I guess there is just more to look into. But i do love RDT/DT its been my 12th year i think this year, so don't worry ill always love this, but i do like playing SC along side now, when before i never did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I contacted Sportsdeck recently about my distaste of the rolling lockout and they sent a detailed reply as to the reasons they have introduced it (even though
I feel their reasoning is flawed. However they did say that they are working on ways to expand RDT's exposure. Not sure yet as to what that is but they had better start it soon. Copy of their reply is following:

We appreciate your feedback and understand your perspective. The main reasoning behind the decision is basically user demand - it was by far the most requested feature over the past couple of years, and validated through the feedback we had on social media and elsewhere.

However, the fact also remained that full-round lockout was an antiquated and long-obsolete way of doing things. This is the only season-long product in our stable that works that way, and it was born out of past necessity. The rule was in place in 2001 and it pre-dated availability of live scores, smartphones and general accessibility, as well as being able to get up-to-date, instant information on teams.

We've seen use of DT to be skewed around 70-80% exclusively on mobile or via the app. This number rises to 90% over the weekend, so we know our users are logging in and using the site predominantly on mobile devices - and mostly for live scores. So being able to edit and make decisions on the fly over the weekend is a big one, especially with our users being engaged with social media and team/late outs information being widely shared and available right through - and generally pushed to them in real time. People are never too far from their phones (and perhaps a bit too pre-occupied with them).

We also don't feel the impact is as huge as some of the naysayers down the road would have you believe. This is still a competition with fixed team structures, limited trades etc - it certainly doesn't require constant watching to ensure you remain competitive. The fact is, teams/players are constantly locked in, so the opportunity to make changes on the fly gets more limited as the weekend progresses. The bench/emergency structure is still there and will function/compensate as usual if you don't make a manual change through the weekend. However, it is very important to be able to provide some flexibility.

We are currently working on some exciting new partnerships and features to further extend the exposure of RDT, as well as providing more support and facilities around cash leagues and similar initiatives. We have a brand new site to launch over the next month and will have more news and announcements in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks again for your feedback and we certainly hope you stick around!

Thanks for posting that reply Coot. The last part interests me greatly.
Part of the message I originally sent them was the fact that they have zero marketing capabilities as compared to fantasy and SC.
I should have noted that their reply was dated 31/1/19.

I appreciate that this is not quite the right place to put this but.
As many of you may be aware, I run a number of cash leagues in RDT and I have created a $50 draft league this year. I have one spot left in this 10 team league.
Draft night is Saturday 16th March at 7.30pm.
Please send me a PM if you are interested and I will give you all the details.

I appreciate that this is not quite the right place to put this but.
As many of you may be aware, I run a number of cash leagues in RDT and I have created a $50 draft league this year. I have one spot left in this 10 team league.
Draft night is Saturday 16th March at 7.30pm.
Please send me a PM if you are interested and I will give you all the details.

Great idea. I would but I’m not big on draft. I would be keen to setup a RDT cash league if people are interested? Will make it more interesting.

How much of that is pre-season hype that is unwarranted. With the way he has played and scored the last 2 years it's hard to get excited. Why are you suddenly so keen ??
2017 was his most productive year in his career. More kick tackles marks than any other year in his career. The last 2 years have not been that bad at all. Fantastic 2017 and serviceable 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back