Game Day 2019 National Draft

BrockBlitz

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So I have barely paid attention to this because my guys are about to play a bowl game this weekend, but some things about these boys injuries which may alleviate some of your concerns.

Mitchell - the calcified blood and bleeding into the quad isn't a big deal. It's a real pain in the ass at the time but is solvable provided it doesn't go too far. If it's left for too long and really thickens up you have to completely cut it out. The bigger it is, the more muscle belly you need to remove. It doesn't sound like this was too bad in our boys case and he shouldn't have any long term issues.

Miles - Shin splints and foot stress fractures in both feet. So reading between the lines from the amount of sport this kid plays, him running the yo-yo and then being on crutches after it and him becoming a doctor he's a straight up workaholic. These are over use injuries and sometimes guys like this do too much and under recover. With our fitness staff we can closely monitor this and I can't imagine it being a long term issue. Pretty common at this age due to how quickly kids grow. Bone matures much much slower than muscle and tendon - about 2 years to completely remodel.

Being a hard worker is a good problem to have. I remember hearing about Micheal Hurley only training once per week during season because it's all his body can handle. Then you've got guys like Ollie and Westy who unless they have a skiing incident won't miss a session the entire preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I think the recruitment team is thinking that everything is going to plan at the moment. Got the two players they most wanted (the team didn't hesitate to call out their names, and looked pleased on the live stream). Now to execute the last piece of the plan.
Didn't see the stream last night so I'm glad to read ^.
If so then the icing on the cake is pick 22 what's it worth to other clubs and we've got all day to digest offers.

pastmyprimus

Premium Platinum
Oct 19, 2011
Too far from the heartland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My hunch is that Port isn’t really interested in trading that pick. They are following the same path of many teams with the first pick in the draft. Say pick 1 is on the table, and see if someone comes back with an offer that’s just too good to refuse.

According to reports a few clubs are interested in pick 22. We could get a great offer but I’m thinking we keep the pick

Brian McGee

Team Captain
Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My hunch is that Port isn’t really interested in trading that pick. They are following the same path of many teams with the first pick in the draft. Say pick 1 is on the table, and see if someone comes back with an offer that’s just too good to refuse.

According to reports a few clubs are interested in pick 22. We could get a great offer but I’m thinking we keep the pick
Especially with all the talk of maybe getting a future first for it, when essentially (I know not exactly because it was actually the Mitch pick) we traded our future first for it anyway. I would want more than that back for it.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It's still pick 22 at the end of the day. No one's going to do an over way over the top for pick 22 they wouldn't have done last night for pick 20 or 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long live PAFC

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Feels like this draft is really going to be picked apart down the track, more so than other drafts.

In 2018, all the picks were solid. You can argue the merits of Rozee over King but it’s semantics really.

This draft is going to be a real, bust vs boom situation. Everyone after Flanders is a complete flip of the coin.

Top Bottom