Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Port have picks 12, 16 and 20 before live trades and bidding.

Port traded out their Future 1st, Dougal Howard, Pick 10 and pick 29 for the honour.

Have a feeling this will be like that Christmas we all had as a kid where you asked for Age of Empires on PC a million times but mum thought that the Cover of Empire Earth was the same thing and got that instead. (Inb4 some Muppet claims that empire earth is a better game)

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
12, 16, 18

At the end of the day, I don't know much about the kids so I'll back in our selections, but I'll be disappointed if we waste a pick in this range on KP Defenders. Hopefully we walk away having secured a fast quality mid and a zippy small forward. In a dream world we also land McAsey to fill our KP Forward void.

The dream would be

Stephens
McAsey
Pickett

But it's looking like there's no way that's happening.

Funny thing is, going by the latest phantom drafts the only player from the top group available at 10 we could get with 12 if we wanted - Brodie Kemp.

A guy from the Hawks board who has watched Kemp since he was 15 reckons he’s a key defender who pinch hits elsewhere and not the utility people think he is.

He says there’s no way he’d take him with Hawthorn’s first pick.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
THE 2019 NAB AFL Draft will be held over two days once again – but this time both events will be held at night. The first-round of the draft will be held on Wednesday November 27, while the remainder of the national draft will be held on Thursday November 28. The Pre-Season and Rookie Draft will be held at 10am on Friday November 29, with Marvel Stadium to host the two-night event.

HOW CAN I WATCH IT?

EVERY pick over the two nights will be shown live on FOX FOOTY (Channel 504). Coverage of the first round will begin at 6.30pm (AEDT) with an ample amount of interviews and analysis from our expert panel. You can also follow every pick live online via foxfooty.com.au, which will also host club-by-club analysis pieces and report cards in the event’s aftermath. Day 2 of the draft will be live on FOX FOOTY (Channel 504) from 7pm.

LIVE TRADING?

FOR the second time in the AFL’s history, live trading will be allowed between clubs during the draft. It will give teams the capabilities to trade future picks, as well as being able to move up and down the draft order. For example, if Gold Coast wanted to secure Fischer McAsey and he was available at Carlton’s Pick 9, they would need to trade up in order to secure him. They could package up their Picks 15 and 20 and do a swap with the Blues.

So it's the first round only tonight. We will be making picks 12 and 16 I'd assume, do we get 20 tonight too because of all the concessions and crap like that which blow the first round out to more than 18 picks? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've been avoiding football since September.

If Mead is bid on at #32 as per Knightmare's phantom draft, our two picks in the 50s should cover that, so our pick #65 will still be in play and could be close to a late 50s pick as teams tap out.

So it's the first round only tonight. We will be making picks 12 and 16 I'd assume, do we get 20 tonight too because of all the concessions and crap like that which blow the first round out to more than 18 picks? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've been avoiding football since September.

Yes we get to use our third pick as it's still a first round pick.

906C8483-8EC1-4CB6-8DE3-F7288F7CAB05.jpeg

8FEB57AA-0198-484C-8BA5-1C4AC4D0A55A.jpeg

A90A2BC9-B248-465C-8970-74590D02B055.jpeg

4A038470-C286-4977-8A4F-356087D984CA.jpeg

AC56561D-C1A8-4308-8CD4-F23E8D9DDCBB.jpeg

Once more unto the breach, dear friends...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I back in our recruitment team but I can't believe we took ______ with our first pick, just feels like such a stretch, especially when _____ and ______ were still available. At least now we know why we were happy to trade down from 10-12.

____ is a great pick up at __ though, really should have gone much higher and I reckon will be the best of the group.

As for _____, I get why we took him. After Dougal has gone we really do need to find a long-term replacement; can't rely on Jack Watts forever. Not best available but we have traded in a solid long-term defensive prospect and I'm ok with this; solid team management.

(I'll fill in the gaps later)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back