Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like this draft is really going to be picked apart down the track, more so than other drafts.

In 2018, all the picks were solid. You can argue the merits of Rozee over King but it’s semantics really.

This draft is going to be a real, bust vs boom situation. Everyone after Flanders is a complete flip of the coin.

So we’ve effectively traded our 2020 first, 29 and 71 for Brisbane’s 2020 second, Georgiades and the picks to secure Mead + 72.

Winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they do that? Clearly we don’t want the same player? I’m confused.

Maybe Brisbane want to on-trade it?
They did before someone else had done it.

Well Macca you were right re Bianco!

To be honest, I don’t mind Port’s strategy this year. These are three higher risk, higher reward types who will take time. We haven’t traded for 2020 or to save Hinkley. We have gone for needs and the longer term. We have also picked three players that have real potential and could have all gone higher had age and injuries not come into it. The really nice aspect is that all three are good kicks and have some pace and agility. We can argue Kemp or Robertson over Bergman, etc but I think to get three good players and picks for next year is solid. Time will tell but I’m positive that 2018 and 19 will provide us the premiership we crave and desperately need.

Loading up on forwards this draft tells me one of two things:

1) Todd Marshall will play down back, or
2) we already have a key defender lined up in next years trade period

future 2nd (tied to Fremantle? Fremantle also have Melbourne's)
According to the AFL media, it is Fremantle's.

We are going into next year's draft with 3 second-round (ours, Freo's, and Collingwood's) and 2 third-round (ours and Kilda's) picks. We do not pick in the first nor in the fourth round.

I think we may have found a good one in Miles Bergman. Looks to have very nice hands above and below his knees and has good balance. He's a nice height which makes him valuable and he seems to have a bit of toe and crucially, over the first 5 yards - very nice, happy with this one.

I'm happy with and for Jackson Mead. Genuine two sided player who looks to have lovely skills and good hands. Happy with him as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back