2019 NBA All Star Weekend (Feb 15-17 @ Charlotte)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Team LeBron might crack 100 three point attempts in the game.

Meanwhile Mike Antoni at home.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Can say finally an elite sporting organisation nailed the halftime entertainment w J. Cole
I have seen Cole live, he is top notch, upper echelon of current mainstream rappers in the world. (Pretty certain the NBA got Kendrick last year, since it was in LA as well)

NBA Half time break over the NFL Showing of "Maroon 5"

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Can say finally an elite sporting organisation nailed the halftime entertainment w J. Cole
I have seen Cole live, he is top notch, upper echelon of current mainstream rappers in the world. (Pretty certain the NBA got Kendrick last year, since it was in LA as well)

NBA Half time break over the NFL Showing of "Maroon 5"

The NBA is culturally intertwined with rap and R&B. If I am tuning into the NBA All Star game I expect to see a high profile rap/R&B artist performing at half time. Just like if I'm tuning to a Nascar meet (do they have music acts?) I'd expect to see Brad Paisley or something. African American athletes dominate the NFL and the NBA (less so the MLB), but culturally American football isn't dominated the same way.

The Super Bowl is the single biggest event in US sports and gets about a 40% rating which is nuts. The NBA All Star game these days gets 3-5% and peaked in the 90s getting 10-15. The NFL go for whoever is popular at the time and will appeal to a wide audience. They've had Michael Jackson, U2, The Rolling Stones, Beyonce... the NBA are really just appealing to NBA fans, sometimes with a local angle in terms of choice of act. I can only deduce that Maroon 5 are popular. Somewhere. With someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back