2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt realise how those contracts work.

The player applies to the league to be part of the 'future stars' program and the league places them with a team.

Thats about the worst they can get.
I dont think it works exactly like that. While they are signed to the program and technically placed on a team by the league, teams and players will have some sort of say in it before the league signs off on it. I think they will also get some payment from the team as well as sponsorship packages.

Lamelo even said he decided on the NBL a while ago, just not on a team.

LA didn’t have Pick 4 then though. The lottery balls have probably saved them for having to pony up Kuzma
Almost confirms the draft was rigged though. Huge coincidence otherwise that the team about to lose their MVP caliber player is going to be able to replace him with 2 top 5 picks (one potentially being that same caliber in a few years and fitting their age profile) and the Lakers get an extra valuable piece in pick 4 to use instead of Kuzma, after not being able to get the deal over the line mid season. Win-win for both sides but both were huge outsiders for the picks they got. Probably being too cynical but it seems like a bit too much of a perfect scenario for mine.

I dont know.
Sort of, but sorta not.

Means they wont just always sign with Sydney Kings or Melbourne United.

In reality they aint here to win championships and MVPs. It shouldnt matter what system they go to.
Worked well for Terence Ferguson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the report about CP3 and Harden was a straight out lie. Many people saying they sit together on the plane and Morey saying they have been discussing free agents together.

CP3 is untradleable regardless

Seems like the report about CP3 and Harden was a straight out lie. Many people saying they sit together on the plane and Morey saying they have been discussing free agents together.

CP3 is untradleable regardless

Agree Paul is untrabable.
I’d like to think there is some in fighting though. It makes for good social media interaction.

Could well be. And kyrie....
What’s going on in Boston??!! It was yay we can get Davis to wtf is going on
If it turns out lose kyrie gain back scary terry.
Lose horford gain either capela or sign boogie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back