Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
There is no way Russ and Harden will work in the playoffs. Both will want to play hero ball, which will stagnate the offense and lead to inefficient scoring. They'll be a good regular season team though, better than they were with CP3

Surely CP3 gets traded to the Heat now? Or maybe a Lob City reunion in Detroit? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Russ and Harden both average high AST numbers. It's not like they don't share it around. Russ ability to attack the rim might actually open up a lot more 3 opportunities for JH.

AngryRanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
Russ and Harden both average high AST numbers. It's not like they don't share it around. Russ ability to attack the rim might actually open up a lot more 3 opportunities for JH.
How are assist numbers representative of sharing it around? I'd say it's the opposite.

AngryRanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Do tell, how does getting an AST mean you don't share it around?
The biggest ball stoppers in the game average the most assists because of their high USG%. When Westbrook passes he isn't "sharing it around", he's making someone shoot with 5 seconds on the shot clock.

Guards like Steph Curry, who constantly defer, share the ball and play offball (necessary traits when playing with other ball dominant players) average less assists...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh how the mighty have fallen. CP3 practically put all the blame on the Clips and Blake for their lack of success whilst he was there. Truth is, like LeBron, Westbrook and other superstars who can't resist weighing on decisions that are beyond their ability just because they're most valuable employee of the organisation, he was consulted on every major decision (both during the Sterling and Ballmer eras) but like a little bitch did not want to own the failures of those choices made with his blessing after opting to leave.

Used to be a fan of CP but besides serious crimes such as murder and assault, I have little time for individuals who want to wash their hands of decisions that they absolutely had a hand in but when everything goes pear shaped wanna pretend everybody else is to blame. *couhg* LeBrone *cough*

What has happened now is poetic justice, serves him right for being a little bitch who has no qualms in pushing others under the bus in order to come off looking squeaky clean. Suck it, CP.

Aishole

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d rather Russ than CP3 so may as well try

Can someone who understands explain the knicks strategy to me please
I’d rather Russ than CP3 so may as well try

Can someone who understands explain the knicks strategy to me please
Basically missed on their main FA targets so they have signed a bunch of s**t FA’s for decent money on 1/2-yr deals so they come off the books after that period, and allow them to have a shot at those free agents in 2021.

Where they will fail again, and rinse and repeat, aim for 2023.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Basically missed on their main FA targets so they have signed a bunch of s**t FA’s for decent money on 1/2-yr deals so they come off the books after that period, and allow them to have a shot at those free agents in 2021.

Where they will fail again, and rinse and repeat, aim for 2023.

I get the deals for cap in 2 years but why all power forwards?

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The biggest ball stoppers in the game average the most assists because of their high USG%. When Westbrook passes he isn't "sharing it around", he's making someone shoot with 5 seconds on the shot clock.

Guards like Steph Curry, who constantly defer, share the ball and play offball (necessary traits when playing with other ball dominant players) average less assists...
Steph Curry doesn't have the frame or the driving game of other guards is why he defers more often.

He plays off ball more because his strength is his shooting and it stops him getting hammered in and under the bucket.

In 2018/19, Russ and Steph only had a point difference in usage rate. So Russ was avg 10 APG compared to Steph's 5 on similar usage.

If you use driving as your weapon to break down defences naturally you have the ball in your hand longer. Doesn't mean you're not looking to bring your team mates into the game though.

With Harden and Gordon around him RW could nudge 12 APG.

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Steph Curry doesn't have the frame or the driving game of other guards is why he defers more often.

He plays off ball more because his strength is his shooting and it stops him getting hammered in and under the bucket.

In 2018/19, Russ and Steph only had a point difference in usage rate. So Russ was avg 10 APG compared to Steph's 5 on similar usage.

If you use driving as your weapon to break down defences naturally you have the ball in your hand longer. Doesn't mean you're not looking to bring your team mates into the game though.

Westbrook isn't getting anywhere near 12 assists playing alongside Harden.

AngryRanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams

I don't think Harden will play significantly more offball, so I disagree with that prediction. His unassisted threes are way too valuable.

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Now if the Knicks backed out of this deal, it would be peak free agency.

Westbrook + Harden...now there's a bomb just aching to go off.
Hope Capela is ready to box out his man and the opposing point guard.

Rockets players outside of Harden and Westbrook are going to go long stretches without touching the ball and offence and then get lambasted when their shots don’t fall.

OKC clearly playing the long game. Hope it works out.

Top Bottom