2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no loyalty left in the NBA. Russ never wanted to leave OKC but the writing was on the wall after George left that OKC weren't a contender anymore. Russ is like every other player and wants to win a 'chip. I don't blame him for leaving.

I still think OKC came to him first as they were tearing it down

He's known as being a great team mate. Divas do not tend to earn that reputation.

He's also got a reputation for being an incredibly hard worker.

The picture you're painting of him isn't one that seems too recognisable.
Have you ever seen Westbrook make his big entrance to a game?! That's a diva.I guess the whole loyalty thing and whether he's a good teammate was secondary to my original point that i think it looks like a desperation move from Houston.

No but he'll win a scoring title. That's important.

okcthunderjerseys-1024x689.jpg

thumb.aspx

GettyImages-1071545092.jpg

just horrible designs
The bottom one is the best.

Have you ever seen Westbrook make his big entrance to a game?! That's a diva.I guess the whole loyalty thing and whether he's a good teammate was secondary to my original point that i think it looks like a desperation move from Houston.
How is it desperation? They managed to move Paul’s horrific contract. Sure Westbrook’s isn’t flash but his will be more moveable at the end of it than Paul’s.

I still think OKC came to him first as they were tearing it down
PG is the only reason they’re tearing it down, if he doesnt request a trade, its pretty likely that team goes at it again next season. The moves OKC made prior to the PG request indicate a team topping up on some pieces to compete. Burks + Muscala. Both of which they offered to back out of the deal, due to the change of direction. Hardly Russ’ doing

The Clips need a tall PG so Beverly and Lou Will can play off ball. But there's none out there, so that's a weakness.

Nek minnit.

Livingston is cooked.

Warriors cleaning up cap space for Daymond's max contract :think:

Nah, just getting rid of a bad contract (which probably costs them over $10M including tax).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a good teammate. Westbrook may treat and speak to them in a way that they feel like their equals, so in that social interactive aspect you could I guess say he has been 'good' to them.

But the way he pretty much has forced and manipulated Adams to sacrifice the number 1 role he's there for (rebounds), hogging the ball and only passing it to his teammates with 2 seconds left on the clock when he can't drive to the basket or get a good look is evidence enough that the guy plays primarily for himself and not for the benefit of the team.

He reminds me a lot of a shorter slightly dumber LeBron in his approach to the game, just that his lack of height prevents him from bulldozing his way to the basket like LeBron is able to do on a consistent basis along with lacking the court vision for the kind of passes a 6'9 (near 7 foot) LeBron can pull off.

They both want success but not at the expense of their stats, LeBron has been able to somewhat get away (only just) with this approach throughout his career but the less talented ( a worse shooter than LeBron) and midget Westbrick unfortunately has not.

Westbrook is the star of the team, it'd be career suicide for bench scrubs to come out and complain that the Westbrook's style isn't conducive to team success, heck even the coach (unless they're established respected one like Popovich) would fear getting sacked if he dared suggest to a superstar that his preffered playing style needs some re-thinking.

Intelligent high IQ players like Jordan realise that doing all themselves, albeit flattering to their games, makes their team game plan predictable and easy for other championship contenders to pick apart so smart superstars focus on getting their fellow starters and bench role players going and involved in the game by sharing the ball as much possible, not expecting them all to become spot up shooters who've barely touched the ball and thus 'cold' for most of the game like it happens to LeBron and Westbrook teammates. It's difficult to get in shooting rhythm if you've barely seen the ball in a game and it's the main reason why I'm not a fan of ball hogs like LeBron and Westbrook.

Genuine crafty point guards (a la CP3) are the only exception to this rule because they know exactly what they're doing in terms of distributing the ball to teammates in a million different ways, barking orders instructing where he wants them to be for a particular play he wants to execute etc... LeBron stans make me a laugh when they compare him to Magic as his play making 'skills' are pretty basic (nice but not in the same universe as Magic) and relies heavily on the court vision his height provides rather than actual first rate play making prowess of players of the ilk of CP3 and Magic.

They both want success but not at the expense of their stats, LeBron has been able to somewhat get away (only just) with this approach throughout his career but the less talented ( a worse shooter than LeBron) and midget Westbrick unfortunately has not.

I like how much being an NBA player warps people's perception of height. 'Midget Westbrick' is the same height as Jack Darling.

I like how much being an NBA player warps people's perception of height. 'Midget Westbrick' is the same height as Jack Darling.
Yeah of course I mean in the relative context of NBA players with the average height being around 6'7 or something. Outside of the NBA Westbrick's (6'2 without shoes) height is obviously way above average (around 5'9).

Am I the only one that likes the OKC team.

Could see the team being a 500 team.

Please don't quote this in 12 months after they win 20 games.

If Paul stays I think they're definitely a sneaky chance to make an 8 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back