(Log in to remove this ad.)

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would have structured the Grizzlies' roster like this going into the season:

View attachment 768469

Much more balanced than what they'll go in with now.
Brandon Clarke is a starter already and he’s a center despite his lack of height.
Ivan Rabb was a surprising cut though.
Personally think SF is their bigger area of concern, both Crowder and Anderson are more suited to small ball PF

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Brandon Clarke is a starter already and he’s a center despite his lack of height.
Ivan Rabb was a surprising cut though.
Personally think SF is their bigger area of concern, both Crowder and Anderson are more suited to small ball PF
Yeah I don't see Clarke starting ahead of Jonas (who hasn't played in the preseason) once the big guy is back.

If they can both stay out of foul trouble and play 30+ minutes per game, and get the high volume of touches they should, I can see Jonas and Jaren Jackson both averaging 20/10 this season.

I feel like Rabb deserved a bit more time. Doesn't have much of an outside game, but no reason he couldn't shape into an Ed Davis/Brandon Wright style 15mpg back-up big. Perhaps he'll eventually catch on somewhere else.

I think the idea with Crowder and Anderson is to bide time until Josh Jackson (who has agreed to start the season in the G-League) gets his head screwed on correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom