2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it matters, but Philly and the Lakers have been the two teams ive supported from back in the days when in Australia we got the nba for one hour highlight packages as a kid. I followed Philly and LA because I lived in Philly for a year and LA because of Showtime.
How can you be a true fan if you support two teams. Disgusting behaviour

So having an opinion different to the ones here isnt ok, but its an opinion you're entitled to if you agree. Makes sense. Id love to know the logic that says this Lakers team isnt significantly better than the Cavs of 2017/2018 who made it all the way to the NBA finals. That was a team with Kevin Love as the second best player and JR Smith as arguably the third best. LeBron has a heap more support in this Lakers team and that's what Im basing my opinions on.
Cavs in the East, Lakers in the West. Logical enough?

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Hey Guys.

Thoughts on if Asik and Dwight can both work starting next to each other? Seems to me if you have any knowledge of basketball and have played at a high level you know it can definitely work.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cavs in the East, Lakers in the West. Logical enough?
Um. Im comparing the players on the teams and yes the Cavs would have easily made the western finals that year with their record had they been playing in that conference.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Not that it matters, but Philly and the Lakers have been the two teams ive supported from back in the days when in Australia we got the nba for one hour highlight packages as a kid. I followed Philly and LA because I lived in Philly for a year and LA because of Showtime.
Confirmed, you are the fresh prince of bell air

Um. Im comparing the players on the teams and yes the Cavs would have easily made the western finals that year with their record had they been playing in that conference.
You mean the record they accumulated playing a majority of their games against Eastern conference teams?

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty fired up last few pages. Luckily wiser heads (myself) have arrived to calm you all the * down.

Anyway, Lakers are first round fodder at best next year, they are comfortably behind these teams in the west. Clips, Warriors, Jazz, Nugs, Blazers, Rox.
At best they finish maybe 6th next year then go out in the first round.

My basketball IQ is off the charts (as you all know) so what i say you can mark down as fact.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did they bring in Rondo for wing play then or when AD breaks down and LeBron has to revert back to his usual role?

This is the one bit I don’t get. Isn’t LeBron’s usual role always point guard. Sure someone else might dribble it up the floor every now and then but as soon as they hand it off to LeBron he is playing point.

And they always hand it off to LeBron any time they are in a half court offence.

Lakers saying LeBron will play point this year is simply saying the Lakers are going with more of the same.

One expects Lebron to average the most assists at the Lakers next year. Fans probably don't need to hear the official announcement that Lebron will do a lot of ball fondling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back