2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it... the only way Harden and Russ Co-exist is if Harden plays off ball more... right? And what are the chances of that..

Am i missing something.

There is no way Russ and Harden will work in the playoffs. Both will want to play hero ball, which will stagnate the offense and lead to inefficient scoring. They'll be a good regular season team though, better than they were with CP3

Surely CP3 gets traded to the Heat now? Or maybe a Lob City reunion in Detroit? :p

Russ and Harden both average high AST numbers. It's not like they don't share it around. Russ ability to attack the rim might actually open up a lot more 3 opportunities for JH.

Harden won't ever win a title will he? :(

No but he'll win a scoring title. That's important.

I've always enjoyed the blue orange and white mix.
But you're right about the destination.
Don't think it matters when they're picking draft picks though lol.

okcthunderjerseys-1024x689.jpg

thumb.aspx

GettyImages-1071545092.jpg

just horrible designs

Russ and Harden both average high AST numbers. It's not like they don't share it around. Russ ability to attack the rim might actually open up a lot more 3 opportunities for JH.
How are assist numbers representative of sharing it around? I'd say it's the opposite.

Do tell, how does getting an AST mean you don't share it around?
The biggest ball stoppers in the game average the most assists because of their high USG%. When Westbrook passes he isn't "sharing it around", he's making someone shoot with 5 seconds on the shot clock.

Guards like Steph Curry, who constantly defer, share the ball and play offball (necessary traits when playing with other ball dominant players) average less assists...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh how the mighty have fallen. CP3 practically put all the blame on the Clips and Blake for their lack of success whilst he was there. Truth is, like LeBron, Westbrook and other superstars who can't resist weighing on decisions that are beyond their ability just because they're most valuable employee of the organisation, he was consulted on every major decision (both during the Sterling and Ballmer eras) but like a little bitch did not want to own the failures of those choices made with his blessing after opting to leave.

Used to be a fan of CP but besides serious crimes such as murder and assault, I have little time for individuals who want to wash their hands of decisions that they absolutely had a hand in but when everything goes pear shaped wanna pretend everybody else is to blame. *couhg* LeBrone *cough*

What has happened now is poetic justice, serves him right for being a little bitch who has no qualms in pushing others under the bus in order to come off looking squeaky clean. Suck it, CP.

I’d rather Russ than CP3 so may as well try

Can someone who understands explain the knicks strategy to me please

Basically missed on their main FA targets so they have signed a bunch of s**t FA’s for decent money on 1/2-yr deals so they come off the books after that period, and allow them to have a shot at those free agents in 2021.

Where they will fail again, and rinse and repeat, aim for 2023.

Basically missed on their main FA targets so they have signed a bunch of s**t FA’s for decent money on 1/2-yr deals so they come off the books after that period, and allow them to have a shot at those free agents in 2021.

Where they will fail again, and rinse and repeat, aim for 2023.

I get the deals for cap in 2 years but why all power forwards?

We already have a surplus of talent at the guard spots so decided to grab all available talent at the forward position.

The biggest ball stoppers in the game average the most assists because of their high USG%. When Westbrook passes he isn't "sharing it around", he's making someone shoot with 5 seconds on the shot clock.

Guards like Steph Curry, who constantly defer, share the ball and play offball (necessary traits when playing with other ball dominant players) average less assists...

Steph Curry doesn't have the frame or the driving game of other guards is why he defers more often.

He plays off ball more because his strength is his shooting and it stops him getting hammered in and under the bucket.

In 2018/19, Russ and Steph only had a point difference in usage rate. So Russ was avg 10 APG compared to Steph's 5 on similar usage.

If you use driving as your weapon to break down defences naturally you have the ball in your hand longer. Doesn't mean you're not looking to bring your team mates into the game though.

With Harden and Gordon around him RW could nudge 12 APG.

Steph Curry doesn't have the frame or the driving game of other guards is why he defers more often.

He plays off ball more because his strength is his shooting and it stops him getting hammered in and under the bucket.

In 2018/19, Russ and Steph only had a point difference in usage rate. So Russ was avg 10 APG compared to Steph's 5 on similar usage.

If you use driving as your weapon to break down defences naturally you have the ball in your hand longer. Doesn't mean you're not looking to bring your team mates into the game though.

Westbrook isn't getting anywhere near 12 assists playing alongside Harden.

I don't think Harden will play significantly more offball, so I disagree with that prediction. His unassisted threes are way too valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back