2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a funny letter.

The bloke wants to pick and choose his shot, he wants to play in the Olympics but not the World Cup.

Wouldn't have thought there is a point in him playing in the Exhibition Games if they are prep for the WC.

Pretty weak IMO.

Yeah, it’s an odd decision.

If you want to stay in Philly and work on your game, then do it. You’re not going to the World Cup, so let the guys who are play together in the exhibition games and prepare for the tournament.

You just know that he is going to dominate the ball in the exhibition games, he will want to put on a show against the US. If he does this, it will be a completely different style of play that we will take to the World Cup, and my heart is with us going as far as we can, so don’t see what purpose this has.

Safe bet the Lakers and Clippers will have the two best record next season, barring injuries. Houston likely to go well enough to easily make the playoffs. Both yours and the Lakers comments here wont look very bright by seasons end.Safest bet ever.
nice cover here, LeBron and AD miss a lot of games its why they probably wont have a top 2 record in the West.

He just signed a max extension and his team don't want him getting injured, it's not gutless.
Think AD is not playing for USA because they want him playing centre

Apparently he hits all these shots in practice already. Yet the plan is to practice some more on shooting in nothing practice sessions.

The perfect place to take these shots and get in game time practice would be I dunno, a tournament like this...

Such a gutless decision.

So you want him to derail the Aussie's world cup bid because he wants to take in-game practice shots?

Are you kidding me? You're getting loopier and loopier.

So you want him to derail the Aussie's world cup bid because he wants to take in-game practice shots?

Are you kidding me? You're getting loopier and loopier.

No I want him on the court making Australia a better team.

Don't want to be hearing his piss weak excuses.

I'm loopy for thinking that even though an ESPN panel elluded to pretty much what I said.

Maybe you're not the basketball guru you think you are.

If you think the warriors at their ball movement / long ball best is ugly and what harden does is beautiful then I think you're already too far gone.

Nah, I just hate all that pussy 3 ball play.

I grew up watching some of the best post moves big men in the game working their craft in the same time period some of the best shooters also played.

Sounds like your concept of great basketball is boring as batshit to me.

Nah, I just hate all that pussy 3 ball play.

I grew up watching some of the best post moves big men in the game working their craft in the same time period some of the best shooters also played.

Sounds like your concept of great basketball is boring as bats**t to me.

Fast ball movement, good passing and lots of scoring has always been entertaining basketball.

No I want him on the court making Australia a better team.

Don't want to be hearing his piss weak excuses.

I'm loopy for thinking that even though an ESPN panel elluded to pretty much what I said.

Maybe you're not the basketball guru you think you are.

You literally said the best place to get practice on his jump shots is this tournament.
So again...you want him to derail our world cup campaign by taking shots he shouldnt be just to improve.

You literally said it. It doesnt take a basketball guru to read simple english.

I think maybe you should look in the mirror after that comment.
Your opinions are not only unpopular they're also certifiably insane.

You literally said the best place to get practice on his jump shots is this tournament.
So again...you want him to derail our world cup campaign by taking shots he shouldnt be just to improve.

You literally said it. It doesnt take a basketball guru to read simple english.

I think maybe you should look in the mirror after that comment.
Your opinions are not only unpopular they're also certifiably insane.

Apparently it does take a genius because Jesus you're slow on the uptake.

I'd said he'd been hitting his shots in practice. Which has been reported.
Which you ignored.

So if you're hitting them in practice then the best place to go see if you're form is working is in competitive games.

I said the best place to put that practice into play is in actual game play.

Not go practice some more against witches hats.

He's not derailing the team in any kind of way. He's far too good for that.

I'm not here for popularity contests boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is American media?

Now Zion is too large & overweight to have an effective career. Now he isn't athletic enough to get shots off around the basket, he can only use his power and size. Now when he loses weight he won't have the power to push to the basket anymore. Now he is just a 6'5 center who is too small to play against 7 footers and won't be effective in even in small ball lineups.

Surely if he's not playing WC, Simmons just comes out, does some press, then sits out the actual games with 'general soreness' or something?

Would be zero point to him doing anything else.

How good is American media?

Now Zion is too large & overweight to have an effective career. Now he isn't athletic enough to get shots off around the basket, he can only use his power and size. Now when he loses weight he won't have the power to push to the basket anymore. Now he is just a 6'5 center who is too small to play against 7 footers and won't be effective in even in small ball lineups.

So Knicks won the draft?

Surely if he's not playing WC, Simmons just comes out, does some press, then sits out the actual games with 'general soreness' or something?

Would be zero point to him doing anything else.
Prediction - Simmons will play one game, drain a 3 and some jumpers (at least make attempts) and then sit out the remaining game as you have noted.

I dont have an issue with Benny Simmo sitting out the world cup if that's what he wants to do. Sure, playing exhibition games is somewhat odd, but he'll be doing that for his branding.

If the stars align, his practicing during the WC will help him become a better player, and then come olympics shall contribute and perform and help the national team to a medal.

Apparently it does take a genius because Jesus you're slow on the uptake.

I'd said he'd been hitting his shots in practice. Which has been reported.
Which you ignored.

So if you're hitting them in practice then the best place to go see if you're form is working is in competitive games.

I said the best place to put that practice into play is in actual game play.

Not go practice some more against witches hats.

He's not derailing the team in any kind of way. He's far too good for that.

I'm not here for popularity contests boy.

So because I'm hitting the reverse sweep well in the nets I should pull it out at the world cup for the first time ever in a game?

The best time for him to practice his shots in game situations is when Philly are up or down 20 points in an 82 game season. Not a 7 game world cup while representing his country.

He's good? At jump shots? No hes not. So by taking them in world cup matches he would definitely be derailing the team.
I hear Aron Baynes has been dribbling well at practice. Maybe he should bring the ball up at the WC?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back