2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph doesn't hit 50% on field goal percentage because he shoots so many 3s.

That's the only reason.

His finishing at the basket is up there with the best of them.

You've got some really horrible takes lately.

This board is a real doozy.

Did I say Steph was a poor finisher, at any point, ever? He's an excellent finisher. Pretty sure everyone knows that. I said he was a little guy who rarely dunks. He's not an explosive, physical player who pushes to the rack. Again, not news.

Harden 22 dunks, Westbrook 43, Curry 3.
Harden 580 shots from under 5 feet, Westbrook 572, Curry 253.
Harden 110-770 assisted-unassisted scores, Westbrook 160-470, Curry 373-259.

Curry plays differently to the other two because he has different strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway Mike D'Antoni reckons "“We’re not changing much, We’ll tweak it, but to say you can’t win that way, that’s BS. Most games come down to one or two plays.” (https://uproxx.com/dimemag/mike-dantoni-rockets-wont-change-offensive-approach-westbrook-harden/2/) so we'll wait and see how it all plays out. He just let go CP3 who is a good mid range shooter and has a comparable 3P% to Harden for a guy that needs the ball more and is a horrible scorer outside the paint.

Did I say Steph was a poor finisher, at any point, ever? He's an excellent finisher. Pretty sure everyone knows that. I said he was a little guy who rarely dunks. He's not an explosive, physical player who pushes to the rack. Again, not news.

Curry plays differently to the other two because he has different strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway Mike D'Antoni reckons "“We’re not changing much, We’ll tweak it, but to say you can’t win that way, that’s BS. Most games come down to one or two plays.” (https://uproxx.com/dimemag/mike-dantoni-rockets-wont-change-offensive-approach-westbrook-harden/2/) so we'll wait and see how it all plays out. He just let go CP3 who is a good mid range shooter and has a comparable 3P% to Harden for a guy that needs the ball more and is a horrible scorer outside the paint.

What’s wrong with this board exactly?

Yep. Missed my point by a deadset mile. I said that Paul dribbled the ball up and then Harden took over playmaking. Which is exactly what happened and how they'll do it with Westbrook in the Paul role. Harden can hit open shots. He's terrific when left open. I should have worded it better 'off ball work' is not exactly what I meant.If you want clarification Im saying he can receive and shoot the ball. No doubt Westbrook will draw more attention than Paul when he drives because of how well he finishes and that's my point. Not sure why they wouldnt be better than their early career form at Oklohoma. Nice logic fail there. Either way bookmark my post if you like. Got trashed in this thread for saying Raptors could very well win the title with the roster they had a year ago.. Some on here think the Lakers wont make the playoffs. Safe bet the Lakers and Clippers will have the two best record next season, barring injuries. Houston likely to go well enough to easily make the playoffs. Both yours and the Lakers comments here wont look very bright by seasons end.Safest bet ever.

Who has said that Harden cannot receive and shoot the ball? The guy scored 30+ points per game and shot the most 3 pointers in the league. I'm sure he's capable of playing that role to some degree. The whole point is that he hasn't played the role people think he just suddenly will because Westbrook is there. Asking Westbrook play like Klay isn't going to happen. Not in his tool bag and would make Houston worse. Asking Harden to change his game can work, but asking a guy who scored 88% of his points unassisted to play off ball is a huge change (as opposed to 'no' change) to the offence. If Westbrook runs the offence and drives to the bucket teams aren't going to just let Harden stand in a good spot by himself. He'll have to run around trying to get contested looks. Remember at OKC Harden scored 17 points a game not 36, and some guy called Kevin Durant was there. Put a fit KD (or Kawhi, PG, LeBron - whoever) on the floor with Harden and Russell and they can do what they want. But KD is in Brooklyn so the next scoring option is Gordon or Rivers or Green. Different proposition.

I'm not really bothered who 'trashed' your opinion of the Raptors. 59 win team + Kawhi Leonard was always a good bet to come out of the East with LeBron gone. I'm rapt (pun not intended) for them but the 76ers or Bucks would've beaten what was left of the Warriors also. Don't even know what you are talking about RE: the Lakers, or really care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not reinventing the wheel. He'll be playing against average teams in the qualifiers. So why not let him try out his shot.
We're playing Canada and Lithuania in the group stage, where I'm pretty sure point differential is a factor. Hardly a bunch of easybeats and hardly the time to turn games into Simmons training sessions, IMO.

We're playing Canada and Lithuania in the group stage, where I'm pretty sure point differential is a factor. Hardly a bunch of easybeats and hardly the time to turn games into Simmons training sessions, IMO.

Because taking 4-5 open jumpers in a game is going to totally destroy the teams chances.

Pretty sure the talk has always been about him taking open shots, not asking him to take contested shots.

Who has said that Harden cannot receive and shoot the ball? The guy scored 30+ points per game and shot the most 3 pointers in the league. I'm sure he's capable of playing that role to some degree. The whole point is that he hasn't played the role people think he just suddenly will because Westbrook is there. Asking Westbrook play like Klay isn't going to happen. Not in his tool bag and would make Houston worse. Asking Harden to change his game can work, but asking a guy who scored 88% of his points unassisted to play off ball is a huge change (as opposed to 'no' change) to the offence. If Westbrook runs the offence and drives to the bucket teams aren't going to just let Harden stand in a good spot by himself. He'll have to run around trying to get contested looks. Remember at OKC Harden scored 17 points a game not 36, and some guy called Kevin Durant was there. Put a fit KD (or Kawhi, PG, LeBron - whoever) on the floor with Harden and Russell and they can do what they want. But KD is in Brooklyn so the next scoring option is Gordon or Rivers or Green. Different proposition.

I'm not really bothered who 'trashed' your opinion of the Raptors. 59 win team + Kawhi Leonard was always a good bet to come out of the East with LeBron gone. I'm rapt (pun not intended) for them but the 76ers or Bucks would've beaten what was left of the Warriors also. Don't even know what you are talking about RE: the Lakers, or really care.
FFS. How hard is it to work out. THey can both be predominately ball handlers. Paul didnt play a catch and shoot game so neither will Westbrook. Simply put Westbrook starts the offence and drives to the hoop if he can pushing the ball. Harden takes over ball handling duties in half court sets. If Westbrook takes a shot in the half court set there is no gun to his head that says he has to catch and shoot like you seem to think for some reason, he can still choose to drive or pull up for a mid range. Harden actually spent his junior career and most of his first three seasons playing predominately off ball. It was originally considered a surprise when he was given the role of playmaker at Houston.

You said "Curry has only hit 50 once (his 2P% is low because he's a little guy and can't drive and dunk on people) "

Which just isn't true. Steph's two point shooting is as good as any guard/forward in the league.

This board is awesome, you've just got some terrible takes.

The off-season is already dragging on and making people insane, and it's only mid July.

tenor.gif

The off-season is already dragging on and making people insane, and it's only mid July.

tenor.gif

Must almost be time for a MJ v LBJ thread derailment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back