2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Simmons can hit 100% of his threes and Davis can be scientifically engineered into a half-man, half cyborg, but I promise you the Lakers will never defeat the Sixers in the Western Conference Finals.
What? Im a Philly fan. They lack scoring off the bench compared to other contending teams in the West. Howard, Mcgee and Davis can rotate on Embid. They match up great against Philly and have a significant finals experience advatange. Not sure what you are on. The Davis and James two man game looks like it could be ridiculous. I agree they'll be hit hard if there are injuries. Thats the reason Im predicting they finish behind the deeper Clipper and Nuggets in regular season.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
What? Im a Philly fan. They lack scoring off the bench compared to other contending teams in the West. Howard, Mcgee and Davis can rotate on Embid. They match up great against Philly and have a significant finals experience advatange.

Hmmm.... how do I put this?

Using my nostra powers, I will also predict that Richmond will not win the NRL grand final next year, the US basketball team will never be Euro champs and Nick Nolte will never win an Oscar for best actress.

Not sure what you are on.

Drugs, clearly.

Me and LeBron shared a batch this afternoon.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hmmm.... how do I put this?

Using my nostra powers, I will also predict that Richmond will not win the NRL grand final next year, the US basketball team will never be Euro champs and Nick Nolte will never win an Oscar for best actress.

Drugs, clearly.

Me and LeBron shared a batch this afternoon.

Lol. You're being a little picky with the whole 'Western Conference' thing mate. You know what he means.

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Qing James has confirmed without a shadow of a doubt what contemptible little bitch he is.

What was it that Morey was not 'educated' on exactly?

That he was gonna cost your fake SJW arse a couple of million dollars in China all because he dared speak up about human rights abuses against innocent people in that country?

I wonder what LeBum would've said back in the 60s when leftwing Europeans where standing up for African Americans arguing that they were human beings deserving of the same respect the majority european descended population received.

Pathetic but I already knew that about this douche.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lol. You're being a little picky with the whole 'Western Conference' thing mate. You know what he means.

You're right, I shouldn't shoot the sheriff for a minor grammatical error. It won't happen again.

Yeah I got it. Pretty clear I meant that I the lakers to win after having a tough Western Conference finals series against the East winning Philly.

And who do you see the Lakers beating in a tough Western Conference Finals series?

Interesting reading here

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're right, I shouldn't shoot the sheriff for a minor grammatical error. It won't happen again.

And who do you see the Lakers beating in a tough Western Conference Finals series?
Im pretty sure it was an error on your grammatical interpretation, but no dram either way obviously. I am actually interested in your opinion on the upcoming season. I think it will probably be Denver in the Western Conference finals.. I think the NUggets could very well have the best record in the nba and then beat either Utah or Houston to advance to the conference finals. They just have amazing depth compared to other teams. Jerami Grant a great addition to a good team on both defence and adding three point shooting. Michael Porter likely to start slowly 15min ish, but has incredible talent and if not injured should be contributing later in the year. Murray and Jokic likely to play better too. Lakers and Clipper my choice to be the other semi. I think the Lakers have a significant advantage on the boards, but Clippers have a better bench. Two man game of Davis and James could be dominate in big games where their minutes increase.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Im pretty sure it was an error on your grammatical interpretation, but no dram either way obviously. I am actually interested in your opinion on the upcoming season. I think it will probably be Denver in the Western Conference finals.. I think the NUggets could very well have the best record in the nba and then beat either Utah or Houston to advance to the conference finals. They just have amazing depth compared to other teams. Jerami Grant a great addition to a good team on both defence and adding three point shooting. Michael Porter likely to start slowly 15min ish, but has incredible talent and if not injured should be contributing later in the year. Murray and Jokic likely to play better too. Lakers and Clipper my choice to be the other semi. I think the Lakers have a significant advantage on the boards, but Clippers have a better bench. Two man game of Davis and James could be dominate in big games where their minutes increase.

If they're healthy, I don't see anyone beating the Clippers in a seven game series. They've got all bases covered.

Could throw a blanket over perhaps six Western Conference teams, but the only one with continuity is Denver, who I like but also believe blew a golden opportunity in May. Nobody knows how the Rockets, Lakers or Jazz are going to adapt with all their new pieces.

The Rockets and Lakers have the potential to be very volatile mixes. Both squads are also fighting Father Time. On the other hand I don't think the Clippers are going to have a problem on either of those two fronts. Their pieces also fit. For me, health willing, they're a pretty clear favourite.

Just my two cents.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The lakers should play Javale and Davis together with LeBron imo I know it might seem ridiculous but I am right here just trust me it’s their best shot with a roster that still isn’t really built for the modern style

Also Zion at Center will be amazing and why I was hoping if cavs didn’t get number 1 pick it would go to a team that didn’t have a Center (sorry Jahlil) instead of one that did (or the Lakers/Celtics)

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
If they're healthy, I don't see anyone beating the Clippers in a seven game series. They've got all bases covered.

Could throw a blanket over perhaps six Western Conference teams, but the only one with continuity is Denver, who I like but also believe blew a golden opportunity in May. Nobody knows how the Rockets, Lakers or Jazz are going to adapt with all their new pieces.

The Rockets and Lakers have the potential to be very volatile mixes. Both squads are also fighting Father Time. On the other hand I don't think the Clippers are going to have a problem on either of those two fronts. Their pieces also fit. For me, health willing, they're a pretty clear favourite.

Just my two cents.
Fair point. Thanx. I think the Clippers could be exposed on the boards a bit more than people think. Lakers have super length. Early days, but Howard looks good. Houston will be interesting. Apparently Westbrook grew after drafting, with that change never identified in his offical height and weight with his actual 6'5 and with a 6'10 wingspan. Not a big difference, but I think it means that Houston could start with all three of Harden, Westbrook and Gordon, while also finish with those three. Having Gordon on the court in big moments could be huge for Houston. It was harder to get the three of Paul, Harden and Gordon on the court together.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Pretty incredible that only a week out from the season and the Grizzlies haven't had a match against an NBA calibre team yet.

Pretty incredible that only a week out from the season and the Grizzlies haven't had a match against an NBA calibre team yet.
Excellent custom title.

Season openers can't come quick enough.

Are you related to

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back