2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zion out for a few weeks.
Always felt injuries will play a part in his career.
I said the same about Greg Oden which is why I took Durant and also why I’ve always said Dirk is better than Amare

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Aaron Brooks play mediocre basketball in the NBL (alongside LaMelo Ball) makes me wonder what the hell happened to his NBA career? Had that one year where he averaged 20 and 5, then never went on with it from there.

He's started to play well this half. He was heavily reliant on speed which he has lost, if you watch highlights of him at his best he was ridiculously quick and was incredibly good driving for a guy his size which is why he had those few good years. Has always been a bit of a streaky chucker with his shot.

He's started to play well this half. He was heavily reliant on speed which he has lost, if you watch highlights of him at his best he was ridiculously quick and was incredibly good driving for a guy his size which is why he had those few good years. Has always been a bit of a streaky chucker with his shot.

Thinking about him more, all fair calls.

I seem to recall that for all his speed and quickness, he couldn't/can't ever guard anyone, or even be a passing lane steal threat. His prime years coincided with most of the top PGs being much bigger than he is (6'0", 161lbs), too.

Thinking about him more, all fair calls.

I seem to recall that for all his speed and quickness, he couldn't/can't ever guard anyone, or even be a passing lane steal threat. His prime years coincided with most of the top PGs being much bigger than he is (6'0", 161lbs), too.

Yeah was always a defensive liability. Was definitely best used as a scorer off the bench, was a fairly average passer for a point guard as well.

Very puzzled as to why the Grizzlies waived Ivan Rabb, Bennie Boatwright and Miles Plumlee, with the latter costing them $12.5M to waive.

This leaves Jonas Valanciunas, Jaren Jackson Jr, and Brandon Clarke (just 6'8", 210lbs at this stage though) as the only big men on the roster. They can get some stretch 4 minutes from Bruno Caboclo, Jae Crowder, Kyle Anderson and Jared Uthoff (might not make the final squad), but geez they're thin up front now, for no reason.

I know they've got to cut a few more before the season starts (currently at 18 players on the roster), but just seems like they're leaving themselves short in an area of need. Investing in and trusting a "small ball" approach I guess.

Very puzzled as to why the Grizzlies waived Ivan Rabb, Bennie Boatwright and Miles Plumlee, with the latter costing them $12.5M to waive.

This leaves Jonas Valanciunas, Jaren Jackson Jr, and Brandon Clarke (just 6'8", 210lbs at this stage though) as the only big men on the roster. They can get some stretch 4 minutes from Bruno Caboclo, Jae Crowder, Kyle Anderson and Jared Uthoff (might not make the final squad), but geez they're thin up front now, for no reason.

I know they've got to cut a few more before the season starts (currently at 18 players on the roster), but just seems like they're leaving themselves short in an area of need. Investing in and trusting a "small ball" approach I guess.

Well that and they're almost certainly not trying to win.

The Chicago Bulls have waived Milton Doyle, Justin Simon, and Simisola Shittu

A real shame as the board could have got behind this name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back