2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have structured the Grizzlies' roster like this going into the season:

View attachment 768469

Much more balanced than what they'll go in with now.
Brandon Clarke is a starter already and he’s a center despite his lack of height.
Ivan Rabb was a surprising cut though.
Personally think SF is their bigger area of concern, both Crowder and Anderson are more suited to small ball PF

You’re all thinking about this season whereas I’m already thinking draft and free agency

Buddy Hield to cavs in 2020 free agency

Yeah tell me about it.

Can't wait for Batum to pick up his player option.

Brandon Clarke is a starter already and he’s a center despite his lack of height.
Ivan Rabb was a surprising cut though.
Personally think SF is their bigger area of concern, both Crowder and Anderson are more suited to small ball PF

Yeah I don't see Clarke starting ahead of Jonas (who hasn't played in the preseason) once the big guy is back.

If they can both stay out of foul trouble and play 30+ minutes per game, and get the high volume of touches they should, I can see Jonas and Jaren Jackson both averaging 20/10 this season.

I feel like Rabb deserved a bit more time. Doesn't have much of an outside game, but no reason he couldn't shape into an Ed Davis/Brandon Wright style 15mpg back-up big. Perhaps he'll eventually catch on somewhere else.

I think the idea with Crowder and Anderson is to bide time until Josh Jackson (who has agreed to start the season in the G-League) gets his head screwed on correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back