2019 New Zealand vs England (5 T20Is, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Remember Ponting didn’t play that series? Even with how you spin it that is was a resounding win in Australia they still got beaten badly in South Africa and England so hardly a dominant side that has proved a lot

With respect Ponting missing that series given his general issues in India (one century there for his career I think) was of far less consequence than the others

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Pope keeping wickets for the 6th time in a first class match.

Will there come a point where england realise that plugging a gap with makeshift options simply isn’t working for them?
I'm not sure they had much choice in this case. Buttler hurt his back the day before the test (it's why you should never go to a gym) and they had no other keeper in the squad.

Last edited:

RohitSharma

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2015
Bandra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United and Barcelona
Just hope Root doesn't overbowl Archer, Root is seriously a stupid captain and his batting is nowadays as good as Ishant's. Overrated English bloke doesn't deserve to be compared with Smith, Kohli, Kane & I.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Why don't they stick with the match day coverage during the lunch break instead of cutting away to a filler program?

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Bowling first looks a strange decision given the conditions in the 1st session. I think the stats show winning the toss and bowling first has actually seen Test teams lose more matches than they've won in the last 10 or so years.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Bowling first looks a strange decision given the conditions in the 1st session. I think the stats show winning the toss and bowling first has actually seen Test teams lose more matches than they've won in the last 10 or so years.
I've never looked into the stats, but it seems to backfire more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
the noise on snicko was after it passed the bat wasnt it ?

BarryMorgan

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Despite some admittedly fearsome spells during the Ashes, anyone think people might’ve jumped the gun on calling Archer the next big thing in English cricket? Has one wicket in his past 60 something test overs.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Despite some admittedly fearsome spells during the Ashes, anyone think people might’ve jumped the gun on calling Archer the next big thing in English cricket? Has one wicket in his past 60 something test overs.

Depends if he decides to bowl fast or go through the motions. Even during the ashes he went through the motions, especially when pitch didnt suit him (or until smith came to bat)

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

He’s in his 6th Test and took 20 wickets in 4 tests during the most high intensity series on the planet.

Geez no one gets cut much slack these days.

BarryMorgan

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s in his 6th Test and took 20 wickets in 4 tests during the most high intensity series on the planet.

Good point - there just seems to be a massive difference when he’s cranking it up and when he’s just going through the motions.

I agree to an extent, but let's not forget how brittle the Australian battting attack was.

The first innings of the first Test proved that it was pretty fragile even without Archer bowling to it.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree to an extent, but let's not forget how brittle the Australian battting attack was.

The first innings of the first Test proved that it was pretty fragile even without Archer bowling to it.

Absolutely it was.

But it’s as though people were expecting MORE from him and he’s been a tremendous let down.

If a batsman started his career with a couple of centuries and 400 runs in an ashes series and then had a quiet first test overseas no one would say a word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back