NFL 2019 NFC Championship Game - Green Bay at San Francisco

NFC CG Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey mate, a ******* s**t load!

We actually have organised to get them through friends of friends with connections over there. 4k, Still a lot of money but not as much as what they're going for through stub hub etc.

I've been saving for ages though and thought fu** it. Why not.

4k aussie? That's a bargain if so..

This simply helps confirm that the dude was/is all over the shop;)

9ers are still paying him though, so he got that right :D

I love the people saying 'oh the 9ers were so smart picking this guy up', like the 7 other teams that cut him are dumb? Clearly wasn't much chop.

Mostert was picked primarily for special teams duty by the 49ers....had an annoying habit of fumbling, not a good trait for a running back. Also was a bit of a regular on the injury report.

Not one team that let him go probably was wrong in doing so at the time. Give credit to Shanahan and co for giving the guy an honest assessment and even more to Mostert for never giving up and taking the objective criticism in the right way and making himself better for it.

If you want to give the 49ers any credit its for drafting Kittle after scouting Beathard.

Great read on the world of ticket brokering for the Superbowl
Wish i could fine the OTL episode about this article. they followed some of the scalpers around.

I had no idea they got most of the tickets from players before that episode.

I love the people saying 'oh the 9ers were so smart picking this guy up', like the 7 other teams that cut him are dumb? Clearly wasn't much chop.

Our fans wanted him kept at the time. I'm not sure that our cutting him wasnt dumb.

Like, we won a superbowl since then on the back of our RB battery, so we're not going to be too upset about it, but you still think this might've been someone that could have contributed to us.

Our fans wanted him kept at the time. I'm not sure that our cutting him wasnt dumb.

Like, we won a superbowl since then on the back of our RB battery, so we're not going to be too upset about it, but you still think this might've been someone that could have contributed to us.
It doesn’t matter but it’s weird that it’s me quoted in that post, as I didn’t post.

4k aussie? That's a bargain if so..

4k aussie yep. Sounds crazy but for Super Bowl prices it is a bargain. Every year the prices sky rocket even higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting point....

[Moo]I'm not sure what to make of the fact the 49ers chose the much worse quarterback in 2005 and yet they've made it to the Super Bowl more often than the Packers since then. Having an elite QB *can* be bad when it masks organisational deficiencies, because you never bottom out.
Rarely ever does the best QB in the league win the SB. Manning 06, Favre 96, Young 94 are the ones that come to mind. Mahomes could do it this year.

I guess with Brady/Montana they were always 2nd/3rd best in the league

interesting point....

[Moo]I'm not sure what to make of the fact the 49ers chose the much worse quarterback in 2005 and yet they've made it to the Super Bowl more often than the Packers since then. Having an elite QB *can* be bad when it masks organisational deficiencies, because you never bottom out.
Yeah but you (49ers) probably pinch a SB with Rodgers as your QB.

You get to witness the great Jimmy Garoppolo. Unreal.

Here's hoping he rises to the occasion and is able to put up some stats worthy of a superbowl winning QB; 140 yards @ 56% 1 INT and 2 fumbles....

interesting point....

It's a team game.

Not sure if we needed Rodgers to just call a run play on the goal line.

With Rodgers as your QB, you probably wouldn’t have needed it.

Which play are you talking about anyway? Last drive failed on 5 yard line

With Rodgers as your QB, you probably wouldn’t have needed it.

Which play are you talking about anyway? Last drive failed on 5 yard line

Figure of Speech...technically the ball’s never placed on the goal line.

interesting point....

Thats revisionist history.....there was no way Smith was the much worse QB at draft time.

One served a dream apprenticeship the other had the likes of Nolan and Singletary (the latter claiming that a QB was just another position).

Thats revisionist history.....there was no way Smith was the much worse QB at draft time.

One served a dream apprenticeship the other had the likes of Nolan and Singletary (the latter claiming that a QB was just another position).
I wonder how Aaron would have gone with remaking his throwing action if he didn't have the benefit of that "dream apprenticeship"?

I wonder how Aaron would have gone with remaking his throwing action if he didn't have the benefit of that "dream apprenticeship"?

Singletary would have had him playing gunner on special teams.

You bring up a good point though Smith's throwing action was light years ahead of Rodgers when drafted.

Back