NFL 2019 NFL Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

watched the afc west and afc north videos.

sorry but this guy is an idiot. eg, calls jacobs (raiders) a superstar in the making but gives the grade a D.

most ridiculous and biased draft grade video collection in recorded history.

It's hard to understand things sometimes isnt it? There, there mate.

He doesn't value rbs as first round picks, to add further to that, as he mentions, the Raiders had a lot of other needs at positions of more importance to a team. Don't think it's that hard to understand.

He didn't like Barkley at #2 last year when Darnold was on the board, still had him rated the best player in last years draft tho.

He doesn't value rbs as first round picks, to add further to that, as he mentions, the Raiders had a lot of other needs at positions of more importance to a team. Don't think it's that hard to understand.

He didn't like Barkley at #2 last year when Darnold was on the board, still had him rated the best player in last years draft tho.
the best way to grade is simoly ehether teams addressed needs. extra points for grabbing sleepers, steals, and deduct for reaches

the best way to grade is simoly ehether teams addressed needs. extra points for grabbing sleepers, steals, and deduct for reaches

Don't agree, you may have a huge need of a gunner for special teams or punter, doesn't mean you take them in the first round. Needs have an order.

I think a D was abit harsh tho, id have graded it a C+ .

My issue was rating Greedy much better even though he cannot tackle. His words. Who needs a corner that can tackle? Sure, they need to pass cover, but you know, every now and then you need to make a tackle. Seemed like an odd way to frame the CB pick.

And that is the problem with dealing out draft grades this early...basically the formula is (the larger the gap between the player/postion I mocked to team X in round Y from what they actually picked = lower draft grade).

I think every punter who goes to the trouble of grading a draft should resurrect their article three years on including regrading the own mock picks and see how that pans out for them.

And that is the problem with dealing out draft grades this early...basically the formula is (the larger the gap between the player/postion I mocked to team X in round Y from what they actually picked = lower draft grade).

I think every punter who goes to the trouble of grading a draft should resurrect their article three years on including regrading the own mock picks and see how that pans out for them.

Most people do, or at least the ones I follow, they don't take videos down that they were wrong in.

It's all part of the fun to predict, difference of opinion and debate is healthy, would be boring if there were no immediate grades and everyone just handed out the same grades as each other 3 years on.

The narrative shift on Rosen has been something else

Everyone loves him now

He's going from the 32nd ranked Oline in 2018 to the 31st minus their best player (Jawan James) . It's a great situation. 😂

D5UMXT8WAAEW65K.jpg:large

All I took from the above table is that I would rather Chad Reuter be grading my Year 12 Modern History Paper on Max Robespierre and the French Revolution than Thor Nystrom (who clearly has teacher's pets).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everyones a winner yay

School sports day participation ribbins for all...ironic as the NFL is probably the most cut throat professional competition in the world.

School sports day participation ribbins for all...ironic as the NFL is probably the most cut throat professional competition in the world.
its just stupidity everywhere. the graders are either giving everyone gold stars so as to not offend anyone (so whats the point?), or theyre giving some teams fails who actually had great drafts, and giving high marks for teams who clearly bombed, all because of some deep bias.

EJ Manuel, Geno Smith moves a reminder of the weak 2013 draft class
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 13, 2019, 7:07 PM EDT

In every draft, there are teams hunting for a franchise quarterback. Some years, there just isn’t a franchise quarterback to be found.

The 2013 NFL draft was one of those years.
Today’s news that EJ Manuel is retiring and Geno Smith is trying to catch on with the Seahawks serves as a reminder of just what a terrible crop of quarterbacks entered the league in 2013.

Manuel was the first quarterback drafted that year, by the Bills. He lasted four years in Buffalo but started only 17 games over those four years, became a backup with the Raiders in 2017 and never saw the field in 2018. Now his career is over.

Smith was the second quarterback drafted that year, by the Jets. He started all 16 games as a rookie but had an ugly season, throwing 12 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. His tenure as the Jets’ starter was over by 2015 and he has bounced around the league with the Giants and Chargers since then.

Mike Glennon was the third quarterback drafted that year, by the Buccaneers. He was a backup in Tampa Bay, got overpaid in brief stints with the Bears and Cardinals, and is now trying to make the Raiders as a backup.

Matt Barkley was the fourth quarterback drafted that year, by the Eagles. He never started a game for the Eagles and then bounced around the league with the Cardinals, Bears, 49ers, Cardinals again, Bengald and Bills, where he currently is a backup.

Ryan Nassib was the fifth quarterback drafted that year, by the Giants. He is out of the NFL.

Tyler Wilson was the sixth quarterback drafted that year, by the Raiders. He is out of the NFL.

Landry Jones was the seventh quarterback drafted that year, by the Steelers. He is currently competing with Glennon for a backup job in Oakland.

Brad Sorensen was the eighth quarterback drafted that year, by the Chargers. He never played in an NFL game.

Zac Dysert was the ninth quarterback drafted that year, by the Broncos. He never played in an NFL game.

B.J. Daniels was the 10th quarterback drafted that year, by the 49ers. He threw two passes in his NFL career.

Sean Renfree was the 11th and final quarterback drafted that year, by the Falcons. He threw seven passes in his NFL career.

2013 was an ugly year for quarterbacks, one in which the only right decision was not to draft one at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back