NFL 2019 NFL - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Rob Gronkowski says he hasnt ruled out returning this year

I've already cut him in Empire... :(

Doug Baldwin should return too just to make things complete.

To add further to the above, I've been told that Tunsil was a healthy scratch from last week's preseason game...

Dolphins about to do some dumb s**t?

• The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.
    Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.
    RELATED: SOURCE: Miami Herald
    Aug 27, 2019, 8:27 PM ET

Jesus Christ, forget Miami doing some dumb s**t, the Texans swapping Clowney for Stills and Drake would be *ed.

Can't see it happening anyway, isnt the Texans owner a Trump man? Stills would be a big no no to him if so.

Jesus Christ, forget Miami doing some dumb s**t, the Texans swapping Clowney for Stills and Drake would be ******ed.

Can't see it happening anyway, isnt the Texans owner a Trump man? Stills would be a big no no to him if so.
That prick died last year. Pity it didnt happen sooner, like before he called the NFL players "Inmates running the prison"

Which got him in trouble for being a racist POS again, then he apologized, and then he regretted saying sorry.

I think at this point the Texans just want something for Clowney before they end up getting some day 2 comp pick

That prick died last year. Pity it didnt happen sooner, like before he called the NFL players "Inmates running the prison"

Which got him in trouble for being a racist POS again, then he apologized, and then he regretted saying sorry.

I think at this point the Texans just want something for Clowney before they end up getting some day 2 comp pick

Reckon I'd rather a compo pick than Stills' blotted contract and a RB not to disimilar than the one they already have.

Surely they can find a better deal than that.

Reckon I'd rather a compo pick than Stills' blotted contract and a RB not to disimilar than the one they already have.

Surely they can find a better deal than that.
When people know a player is out the door they are waiting now. I think that why the Packers couldnt find trade partners for Mike Daniels.

If a contender loses a DE/OLB in the next few weeks a trade market might open back up. But no chance anyone gives up a 1 for him

When people know a player is out the door they are waiting now. I think that why the Packers couldnt find trade partners for Mike Daniels.

If a contender loses a DE/OLB in the next few weeks a trade market might open back up. But no chance anyone gives up a 1 for him

Not suggesting they'd get a first but a second seems a reasonable price for a trade partner. Seattle and Phili apparently linked to Clowney also, so there is a market.

Not suggesting they'd get a first but a second seems a reasonable price for a trade partner. Seattle and Phili apparently linked to Clowney also, so there is a market.
Texans will want a 1 for him right now. and then the team who trades for him needs to extend him, Unlike other trades because of the tag teams looking at him cant get a contract agreement before a trade is made. Otherwise its tampering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Texans will want a 1 for him right now. and then the team who trades for him needs to extend him, Unlike other trades because of the tag teams looking at him cant get a contract agreement before a trade is made. Otherwise its tampering.
Wasnt Landry in a similar position last year, then extended with the Browns straight after the trade was made official.

How can you prove tampering?

Wasnt Landry in a similar position last year, then extended with the Browns straight after the trade was made official.

How can you prove tampering?

That was different, because Landry had signed his franchise tag, Clowney hasnt. Which also means that the Texans cant trade him with out the getting the franchise tag signed first.

USA women's soccer star Carli Lloyd said she is "seriously considering" an opportunity to kick in the NFL.
Lloyd's trainer says one team even offered to sign her for Thursday night's final preseason game, allowing her to kick in the exhibition. All 32 teams play that night, so it's impossible to narrow it down to which team made the offer. But the conflict is that USA women's soccer also has a match with Portugal that evening. Lloyd has been in touch with "several" teams after drilling a 55-yard field goal between narrower-than-normal goalposts after a practice between the Eagles and Ravens recently. It would be a groundbreaking achievement for Lloyd to get a chance to kick for an NFL team. It's certainly an interesting story.
SOURCE: FOX Sports
Aug 27, 2019, 11:25 PM ET

USA women's soccer star Carli Lloyd said she is "seriously considering" an opportunity to kick in the NFL.
Lloyd's trainer says one team even offered to sign her for Thursday night's final preseason game, allowing her to kick in the exhibition. All 32 teams play that night, so it's impossible to narrow it down to which team made the offer. But the conflict is that USA women's soccer also has a match with Portugal that evening. Lloyd has been in touch with "several" teams after drilling a 55-yard field goal between narrower-than-normal goalposts after a practice between the Eagles and Ravens recently. It would be a groundbreaking achievement for Lloyd to get a chance to kick for an NFL team. It's certainly an interesting story.
SOURCE: FOX Sports
Aug 27, 2019, 11:25 PM ET
Given she knows the Ravens Asst Special Teams coach and was kicking with them, if any team made that offer it was probably Baltimore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back