NFL 2019 NFL - Week 15

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm also high on Darnold for the reason he can ad lib. Whereas say Goff is locked in and rigid with whatever McVay tells him to do. Needed training wheels for like 2 seasons under McVay. Darnold can make things happen. Can squirt out of the pocket, sidestep, look to run, stop, step back, and sling it sidearm downfield. Those sorts of traits show to me with a much better OC, he has a very high ceiling. Unfortunately, Gase could hold back his development, but Darnold is still good enough (a la Favre) to still develop despite the limitations of his HC or OC.

I like that he's buckled down on the hero ball since the Pats disaster. Hasn't been the gun slinger I love but that game had the makings of ruining his career if he wasnt careful. Glad to see him try and tighten up his game up a bit rather than letting it slide.

I agree, I see a lot of Favre in him also. That's why I love him. Brett one of my top 3 QBs to watch of all time.

Give him an OLine and some half decent receivers ...oh....and a defense, and he might be able to reach his potential....over to you Joe Douglas, you've got a lot of work to do.

Give him an OLine and some half decent receivers ...oh....and a defense, and he might be able to reach his potential....over to you Joe Douglas, you've got a lot of work to do.

He needed to go to a ready team.... unfortunately he went to the rebuilding Jets. IF he went to the say the Pats or Steelers to replace their old guys, then he would have a decent shot at it.

I think he needs to get himself out of Gotham and to a better team.

He needed to go to a ready team.... unfortunately he went to the rebuilding Jets. IF he went to the say the Pats or Steelers to replace their old guys, then he would have a decent shot at it.

No one outside of Mahomes is probably succeeding under Gase and with that OLine. Joe Douglas stated when he first got the job that his top priority in offseason #1 will be to getting protection for Darnold. The OLine is an absolute horror show currently for the Jets and has been for some time.

I heard on podcast that the Jets have only used one first or second pick on a OLine man since selecting Furgeson and Mangold together in the same draft in the early/mid 2000s....😳😳😳 ( And it was second rounder on a guard in 2012 or 13 who turned out to be a bust) .

You don't see neglect like that every day.

Gase is even better than McDaniels at gutting teams. He stripped the Dolphins bare, now he's out to do the same at NY. Bell, Anderson, Adams, all to be traded, don't be shocked if some team offers Gase a good deal for Darnold and he takes it.

Gase is even better than McDaniels at gutting teams. He stripped the Dolphins bare, now he's out to do the same at NY. Bell, Anderson, Adams, all to be traded, don't be shocked if some team offers Gase a good deal for Darnold and he takes it.

IF I was managing the Steelers, NO or Chargers, I would be finding out what he wants for Darnold. Get a good young QB on the cheap, before he gets killed.

No one outside of Mahomes is probably succeeding under Gase and with that OLine. Joe Douglas stated when he first got the job that his top priority in offseason #1 will be to getting protection for Darnold. The OLine is an absolute horror show currently for the Jets and has been for some time.

I heard on podcast that the Jets have only used one first or second pick on a OLine man since selecting Furgeson and Mangold together in the same draft in the early/mid 2000s....😳😳😳 ( And it was second rounder on a guard in 2012 or 13 who turned out to be a bust) .

You don't see neglect like that every day.
I was going to say s**t franchises stay s**t, but the Jets had a glimmer of hope at the turn of the century when the maligned Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez were in their neophyte period - losing two consecutive AFC title games. But the turnover and poor hires at the GM spot since Tannenbaum was given the arse have held the Jets back. Giving total power to proven failure Adam Gase won't help.

For the record, Allen#1 was 5-6 last year as a starter, with literally zero other offence. The only starter that has carried over is Dawkins (LT). Terrible O-line, terrible weapons, first year OC.

Darnold deserved to be drafted higher, but he's not exactly demonstrated a higher floor or ceiling thus far, and they've both played well in similar games (eg. Dallas, Washington), and poorly in similar games (eg. NE).

🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darnold will have the most distinguished career

Jackson/Ravens offense will get figured out and drop off + his play style will cause a shorter career. But he might be the only one to win a SB (this yr)

Allen 15-20 QB. Will slip in and out of the playoffs throughout his career

Mayfield depends on the support he gets. Isn't anywhere even near talented enough to carry a team. But with good support can be a playoff QB. Has 0 leadership skills and will crumble without support. Beta male

Rosen will never be put in a position to succeed and will be a career backup

For this yr GG.exe

Murray and Lock give me hope so far. They have the most going for them in terms of natural talent/leadership and also coaching

Jones needs a new coach in ASAP. Not because he needs an elite coach to succeed (a la Goff) but because he needs to be set on the right track, and THEN he can take control of his career. Just show him the ropes. He is smart enough and has enough resolve to control the rest

Minshew has moxie but has a lot of work to do. Needs professional QB coaching. He has a chance

Unfortunately we wont see Darnold reach elite heights until Gase is fired. The shame is Gase could still be there all 2020. So maybe not till 2021.
Harsh on Gase. He was OC in Manning’s record breaking season, got a career best year out of Cutler. Made the playoffs in first year with Fins then lost Tannehill in his second year.

Even today the play calling wasn’t bad. They were not as far off most of first three quarters as scores indicated.

In late second it was a poor overthrow by Darnold to an open receiver that may have led to a TD, then poor interception

I had Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen as best QBs and Allen and Jackson as busts. I’m sticking with it, Jackson will be probably an MVP ...fair enough, not sure it’ll last though.

Harsh on Gase. He was OC in Manning’s record breaking season, got a career best year out of Cutler. Made the playoffs in first year with Fins then lost Tannehill in his second year.

Even today the play calling wasn’t bad. They were not as far off most of first three quarters as scores indicated.

In late second it was a poor overthrow by Darnold to an open receiver that may have led to a TD, then poor interception
Incoming adp rant. But you're right

Yessiree on all those teams. They should throw multiple 1sts at Gase and make him do it.
You’ve got to understand that some of these GMs are completely hopeless. The Titans got Tannehill for a 4th rounder because management saw him as surplus to requirements.

It would not surprise me if Gase did something completely incomprehensible if they end up with a top 5 pick in the draft.

I had Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen as best QBs and Allen and Jackson as busts. I’m sticking with it, Jackson will be probably an MVP ...fair enough, not sure it’ll last though.
Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, Rosen...... Allen

mind you I was high on Peterman, so you can’t be right all the time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back