NFL 2019 NFL - Week 15

Remove this Banner Ad

I had Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen as best QBs and Allen and Jackson as busts. I’m sticking with it, Jackson will be probably an MVP ...fair enough, not sure it’ll last though.

I completely disagree, but on a side point, unless 1-2 of those AFC QBs are busts, it's going to be a stacked conference for quite some time with them on top of Mahomes, Watson, possibly Lock, probably Burrow.

Depending on if/how Jones/Murray/Haskins get support, the NFC youth could really struggle; and they already have 5 (plus Eli) starters aged 31+.

Darnold will have the most distinguished career

Jackson/Ravens offense will get figured out and drop off + his play style will cause a shorter career. But he might be the only one to win a SB (this yr)

Allen 15-20 QB. Will slip in and out of the playoffs throughout his career

Mayfield depends on the support he gets. Isn't anywhere even near talented enough to carry a team. But with good support can be a playoff QB. Has 0 leadership skills and will crumble without support. Beta male

Rosen will never be put in a position to succeed and will be a career backup

Darnold will be good but Jackson is way better.

Jackson & Ravens got figured out last year.... the whole league watched Chargers blueprint and tried to copy it for this year. It really slowed him down.... down to MVP speed.

Jackson creates 11/11 football. It’s hard to stop, when most teams have no one to practice against or enough time to devote to just stop one team. There are 30 other teams to prepare for too.

I expect Jackson will get 1-3 Super Bowls before the league gets close to stopping him. Probably when there are 2-3 more running QBs around.

Some people like you suggest he will have a short career because of his play style. His biggest hits this year have all been in the pocket. I would argue the pocket is more dangerous to Lamar than the open field. Maybe IF he pings his knee, his lower mobility might make him less effective. His passing numbers suggest he will still do well from the pocket. To make injury your reason to rank him lower is disappointing. Darnold could do a Luck and retire from injuries just as easily as Jackson could.

Jackson leads the league with 33 passing TD, Wilson is second with 26TD. Wilson is also mobile and he is having a great career. Aside from Ingram, Jackson main targets are 2 second year TEs and 2 first year WRs. It’s hard to produce as a QB with mostly inexperienced targets who regularly drop sitters. As his targets get more experienced and perform at a higher level, he can produce more in the passing game.

Jackson is still 22. 22yo QB are usually not close to MVP conversations, but Jackson may win it unanimously.

Jackson & Ravens got figured out last year.... the whole league watched Chargers blueprint and tried to copy it for this year. It really slowed him down.... down to MVP speed.

Jackson creates 11/11 football. It’s hard to stop, when most teams have no one to practice against or enough time to devote to just stop one team. There are 30 other teams to prepare for too.

I expect Jackson will get 1-3 Super Bowls before the league gets close to stopping him. Probably when there are 2-3 more running QBs around.

Some people like you suggest he will have a short career because of his play style. His biggest hits this year have all been in the pocket. I would argue the pocket is more dangerous to Lamar than the open field. Maybe IF he pings his knee, his lower mobility might make him less effective. His passing numbers suggest he will still do well from the pocket. To make injury your reason to rank him lower is disappointing. Darnold could do a Luck and retire from injuries just as easily as Jackson could.

Jackson leads the league with 33 passing TD, Wilson is second with 26TD. Wilson is also mobile and he is having a great career. Aside from Ingram, Jackson main targets are 2 second year TEs and 2 first year WRs. It’s hard to produce as a QB with mostly inexperienced targets who regularly drop sitters. As his targets get more experienced and perform at a higher level, he can produce more in the passing game.

Jackson is still 22. 22yo QB are usually not close to MVP conversations, but Jackson may win it unanimously.
He hasn't won 1 superbowl yet...calm down and let's see how Ravens go in playoffs first

i agree about that. wait and see if he chokes again or not in the playoffs first.

in the playoffs teams will focus all out on how to beat lamar just like the chargers did last year. lamar was nigh unstoppable last year too till the playoffs showed him up.

hes advanced since then but i still dont see he can survive and flourish as a pure pocket passer if his run game is taken away. he often has sloppy mechanics as a pure passer, over throwing receivers. this is his next stage of development, i am sure he CAN do it, but in the playoffs at this stage of his development theres a chance a smart DC in an all-or-nothing game will devise a tactic to stop the read option....like having two ends to one side of the LOS where one takes the rb every play and one takes lamar every play.

look at mahomes last year, he put up insane numbers and was unstoppable, unanimous MVP but then this year hes been largely meh, throwing for 100-200 yards 1:1 td:int. this can happen to lamar in 2020 even after he might win a super bowl.

im not ragging on lamar, hes great for the league etc, but always wait and see first in the playoffs.

eg, last year the playoffs and super bowl really showed up Goff as a system qb. once belichick got his mind around mcvays offense and throttled it, it found goff out as being unable to produce in spite of....which is always the litmus test for how truly good a player is or not, when they can produce "in spite of" focus, other players or plays not working, etc.

i agree about that. wait and see if he chokes again or not in the playoffs first.

in the playoffs teams will focus all out on how to beat lamar just like the chargers did last year. lamar was nigh unstoppable last year too till the playoffs showed him up.

hes advanced since then but i still dont see he can survive and flourish as a pure pocket passer if his run game is taken away. he often has sloppy mechanics as a pure passer, over throwing receivers. this is his next stage of development, i am sure he CAN do it, but in the playoffs at this stage of his development theres a chance a smart DC in an all-or-nothing game will devise a tactic to stop the read option....like having two ends to one side of the LOS where one takes the rb every play and one takes lamar every play.

look at mahomes last year, he put up insane numbers and was unstoppable, unanimous MVP but then this year hes been largely meh, throwing for 100-200 yards 1:1 td:int. this can happen to lamar in 2020 even after he might win a super bowl.

im not ragging on lamar, hes great for the league etc, but always wait and see first in the playoffs.

eg, last year the playoffs and super bowl really showed up Goff as a system qb. once belichick got his mind around mcvays offense and throttled it, it found goff out as being unable to produce in spite of....which is always the litmus test for how truly good a player is or not, when they can produce "in spite of" focus, other players or plays not working, etc.

You would never try an unbalanced line, so you would need it on both sides or they run away from the DEs. Interesting idea of putting 2 DE on each side of the line.... that’s 4 players devoted to stopping just 2. That won’t work.

Personally I think you can stop Lamar with a loaded CB unit and play cover 0. It’s how Ravens play but also how they practice, so Lamar has seen a lot of it. When the Patriots and others have tried it, Lamar has gone 15yards or better through the air. Teams need to find 4 good CB.... Ravens regularly play cover 0, as they have 4 good CBs. No other teams have loaded up on defensive back talent. Next year I suspect NE and others will load up on DB and make corners more highly valued than ever.

Last edited:

If he gets to 3 super bowls then he wont get figured out. It doesnt take that long to do so

Some people like you suggest he will have a short career because of his play style. His biggest hits this year have all been in the pocket. I would argue the pocket is more dangerous to Lamar than the open field.
So would Greg Roman, and it seems he might know what he's talking about

If he gets to 3 super bowls then he wont get figured out. It doesnt take that long to do so

Regardless as whether he wins one this year or not, defensive coordinators will spend time this off-season trying to figure him out. Next year will be a bigger challenge and it will be up to the Ravens to improve their team to counter that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would never try an unbalanced line, so you would need it on both sides or they run away from the DEs. Interesting idea of putting 2 DE on each side of the line.... that’s 4 players devoted to stopping just 2. That won’t work.

Personally I think you can stop Lamar with a loaded CB unit and play cover 0. It’s how Ravens play but also how they practice, so Lamar has seen a lot of it. When the Patriots and others have tried it, Lamar has gone 15yards or better through the air. Teams need to find 4 good CB.... Ravens regularly play cover 0, as they have 4 good CBs. No other teams have loaded up on defensive back talent. Next year I suspect NE and others will load up on DB and make corners more highly valued than ever.
i dont mean two DEs, just two Ends. they can be linebackers. and you set it up in a way where depending on where the TE lines up you bring the two linebackers down to that side, and if theres motion across, then they pass off their assignments to the two linebackers on the other side. also depending on film study, noticing what side the Ravens tend to run to based on their motions and where the TE lines up.

I love when people bring up the "career year" Cutler had with Gase like he split the atom or something..

No playoffs, 25 TDs 15 INTS and 3200 yards or something.... Wow. What a guru.

i dont mean two DEs, just two Ends. they can be linebackers. and you set it up in a way where depending on where the TE lines up you bring the two linebackers down to that side, and if theres motion across, then they pass off their assignments to the two linebackers on the other side. also depending on film study, noticing what side the Ravens tend to run to based on their motions and where the TE lines up.

It’s what teams are doing at the moment.... Ravens are countering by pulling guard or FB to take out one of those two and then play 2v1 with the remaining linebacker.

Realistically you can slow them down by pulling a D linemen around the back to follow that guard but he is 2-3 yards deep and likely to get lost in the wash.

FWIW the slur in question is "******" and Jenkins claimed it was part of his culture to use the word the way he did

When you're paying someone as much the Giants are Jenkins is too suck you look for any reason possible to move on.

At least they a got a few quality years service out of the ex Ram. Unlike the cross town rival Jets with Trumaine Johnson.

It’s what teams are doing at the moment.... Ravens are countering by pulling guard or FB to take out one of those two and then play 2v1 with the remaining linebacker.

Realistically you can slow them down by pulling a D linemen around the back to follow that guard but he is 2-3 yards deep and likely to get lost in the wash.
i honestly haven't seen teams do that. theres always only one guy left on the island on the edge having to commit to either rb or jackson.

same with what the niners did to the saints, where it was at times a triple option

Dolphins signed WR DeVante Parker to a four-year, $40 million extension.
Parker just signed a two-year extension in March. His new deal will keep him under team control through 2023. Parker (55/882/6) is on pace for career-highs across the board as Miami's No. 1 wideout since rookie Preston Williams went down. The $10 million AAV puts him in the Tyler Lockett and Tyrell Williams tier of receivers. It's a nice payday for a player that was perennially on the trade block under the Dolphins' old regime. Parker has never lacked for talent, but injuries and inconsistent play held him back his first four seasons. The Dolphins are obviously counting on the 2019 version of Parker going forward, though fully guaranteed salaries the next two years ($21.5M in total guarantees) makes this a risky investment for Miami.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Dec 13, 2019, 5:09 PM ET

I love when people bring up the "career year" Cutler had with Gase like he split the atom or something..

No playoffs, 25 TDs 15 INTS and 3200 yards or something.... Wow. What a guru.

Well it was close to 3700 yds and only 21-11. Wasn’t a great career but Cutler said himself Gase got the best out of him. Maybe Manning had the great year in spite of Gase.

Well it was close to 3700 yds and only 21-11. Wasn’t a great career but Cutler said himself Gase got the best out of him. Maybe Manning had the great year in spite of Gase.
Gase had nothing to do with it, Manning called the plays and insisted on running the offence. That was one of the reasons he didn’t go to the 49ers

Gase had nothing to do with it, Manning called the plays and insisted on running the offence. That was one of the reasons he didn’t go to the 49ers

It was a fallacy that Manning ran his own plays. He was given couple of options to run in certain situations, which experienced QBs are given the option to do. No way any of them freely run all plays.

It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't PI. The problem with this new REVIEW from NEW YORK NFL is that it wasn't called on the field. You are having a bunch of guys with hidden agendas, or not so hidden in an office hundreds of miles, if not thousands of miles away determining the outcome of games. They're rushing to get a call out back to the game for the refs while watching eight other games and making calls for those as well. This is plain horrible

If the call is too close to make on the field, there needs to be indisputable evidence to create a call that was never made. The new rule was for egregious non-calls. This was not egregious and literally stole the game which was essentially won at that point. The inconsistency in making these calls gives the NFL the appearance of fixing games. Today did nothing to change that and actually made it worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back