LIVE ON 7MATE AT 6.25 AM ON 16/9: Chicago at Denver
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.20 AM ON 16/9: Philadelphia at Atlanta
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.15 AM ON 17/9 : Cleveland at New York Jets

NB: VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 2 hours WA

Last edited:
Brasher’s Weekly Musings – Work can go and get %^$#ed edition.

Tampa Bay at Carolina Both of these teams loses in week one were more a result of their own mistakes than the oppositions’ quality of play. NFL MV Turnover Machine, Jameis Winston made the takeaway starved 49ers defence look all world at times whilst the Panthers suffered from miscues across the field (putting a lose on the Rams would have been nice, damn you Cam Newton even when I root for you, you annoy me). However, Christian McCaffrey’s 10 catches keeps him on pace for the 150 catches I predicted. I’m expecting him to outdo himself this week.

Arizona at Baltimore The Ravens beat down on the Miami Dolphins (next year’s feature team on Last Chance U) will come at a price I fear. I can see fantasy football owners across the world flocking to trade in Lamar Jackson and Marquise Brown. But let’s not get carried away just yet, FF numbers are FF numbers, but things will change quickly when they eventually play someone who tries. There will also be repercussions for the Ravens down the line for calling a fake punt when up by a million in the first half and for only giving the ball to Ingram 5 times in the second half when up by 2 million. Yes, I do believe in karma.

Buffalo at New York Giants Can someone give me one good reason why the Giants are still starting Manning? Better yet can someone explain to me why the Giants start Manning AND they continue to make him the centre piece of the offense. Barkley runs for 59 yards on his first carry and then gets his number called all of 4 times for the remainder of the game despite the Giants never being more than a TD down for most of the first half. I guess Manning is there to provide the “veteran presence and leadership” for rookie Daniel Jones who promptly fumbled on his first professional drive. It’s rubbing off.

Dallas at Washington The Cowboys may have come up with the ultimate QB package by basically emulating Madden Football. Put a highly intelligent but physically limited QB on the sideline with the headset and controller and couple him with a QB, loaded up with skills points and put him under centre and you get what you saw on Sunday. Now does Jerry Jones think he has a Ronald Reagan is President type QB or a legit franchise QB to bank on, that is the salary cap busting question.

Indianapolis at Tennessee Kickers are like public transport. It is just assumed that they will perform when requested but when they don’t we are hot on the talk back radio lines voicing our complaints. And so how it goes for Adam Vinatieri. When your team loses by 6 and you had a chance to add 7 points the maths adds up. All your doing now Adam is postponing your Hall of Fame eligibility.

Jacksonville at Houston Last week Jags running back Leonard Fournette recorded his first ever professional fumble. So now that he has got that out of the way this guy is going to be mint for fantasy football owners with 6th round rookie Gardner Minshew either handing or dumping off to him all game long. He better, this is exactly the sort of game JJ Watts tees off on QBs.

Los Angeles Chargers at Detroit Has there ever been a QB in the league that looks and performs so well for so long than Matthew Stafford but always comes up donuts in the end? Give up an healthy lead to a rookie QB and then almost throw an interception at the end of overtime that would have planted an L on his forehead. Maybe it’s a Lions thing, they seem to do so many spectacular things in games and seem to forget about the little things.

Minnesota at Green Bay The Packers now start a stretch of playing 5 of their next 6 contests at home. Why? Is the frozen tundra not a thing any more? Wasn’t one of the most formidable road trips an away game to Lambeau field in deep dark December? In fact, a quick browse of the schedule only has them playing two home games after their bye. Brett Favre may still be playing if he had the luxury of an early Autumn Wisconsin schedule. For Minnie, their QB earned $178,000 (2,503,893,891 Indonesian Rupiah) for each of his 10 pass attempts last week, just saying.

New England at Miami The Phins always give the Patriots a tough time at home. But with most of their coaching staff already off on college scouting trips it’s hard to see an upset in the making. I also can’t remember the last time the Number One draft pick was already sewn up after week one. It’s not that the Phins are just bad but they didn’t look like there were trying much either. They will win one game this year though, that will be Jets at home, bookmark it.

San Francisco at Cincinnati The 49ers recorded more interceptions in one game last week then they did in the entire 2018 season. That’s something. But Bengals’ QB Dalton threw for a tonne of yards last week against the Seahawks without a lot of his supporting cast. Maybe they did hang on to Marvin Lewis a touch too long? 49ers franchise QB elect Jimmy Garoppolo, still looks a bit rusty though and needs to return to Patriots form soon, else the Faithful will start calling for Nick Mullens to start or worse still, CJ Beathard. To help Jimmy out, I’m putting his jersey in moth balls until he starts playing well again.

Seattle at Pittsburgh Tell me you are not annoyed that Antonio Brown wasn’t able to suit up for the Patriots against the Steelers last week. Now it looks like the 7 time Pro Bowl receiver has new legal problems that have surfaced this week so who knows if he will be available for the rematch. For the Steelers, I’m not sure Big Ben and his team mates can play that bad again, maybe he needs someone to break his arm before he trots out on Sunday.

Kansas City at Oakland In another sign of the NFL’s ever increasing head scratching scheduling we see the Chiefs fresh off opening their season on the road on the East Coast now travelling to the West Coast to play another road game. I’m taking the overs on the score line in this game. If backup QB Gardner Minshew can go 22 for 25 and 275 yards against the Chiefs’ defence I can’t imagine the numbers Derek Carr is going to put up. If I was still into fantasy football I would sit everyone on my squad not named McCaffrey, Fournette or playing in this game. I'd even dump both defenses for the new kicker at the Jets.

Chicago at Denver A quick look at the Bears and Packers box score (I fell asleep) and you would of thought that this was a high scoring affair. But with only 13 points scored, a TD being the ultimate difference, Mitch Trubisky dropped back to pass 45 times. If I didn’t know any different you’d think that the Bears had to vindicate themselves for trading up for their franchise QB. Some teams are successful because they know who they are, I hope the Bears remember soon too.

New Orleans at Los Angeles Rams Two things we should be thankful for. 1) That the Saints edged past Houston last week despite being hosed twice on calls at the end of each half and 2) this not being played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome which is not to be confused with the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. That’s in Atlanta. But it is a big marketing investment by the big German in the USA. Maybe with the top selling models in that country being the Ford F-Series, Chevrolet Silverado, and Ram Pickup they should instead invest in revamping their models. I’d like to see an AMG Pick Up with a Gewehr gun rack . They could call it the Ordnung.

Philadelphia at Atlanta I don’t know how to read this game. Both teams looked off last week citing early season rust. But this isn’t the MLB where you can afford to drop a game or 60 and still qualify for the playoffs. Every win is gold and both these teams play in divisions where they might be chasing someone else for the title. So maybe preseason is important, you know to knock off said rust. Instead the league (and owners) want to shorten preseason and extend the playoff format. So in other words, make early season losses less important.

Cleveland at New York Jets In any other season this would be Brasher’s Tee Towel Game of the Week. But there are so many off the field implications for either side losing this that I’ve already booked myself for an important customer meeting and will be unreachable right up until after the coaches press conferences. In other exciting news from this game, the Jets have signed a kicker who on paper is worse then the one they just released. Using my public transport analogy of kickers, that’s like shunning the train and taking a tuk tuk.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
sad-quarterback.gif

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jets acquired WR Demaryius Thomas from the Patriots in exchange for a 2021 sixth-round pick.
Thomas didn't even make the Patriots' official 53-man roster — they wanted to avoid guaranteeing his contract — and they were still able to flip him for a sixth-rounder eight days after re-signing him. The Patriots will stay winning. Bill Belichick is moving on because there was no longer space on the roster following Antonio Brown's shock acquisition. In New York, Thomas will be reuniting with coach Adam Gase, who was in Denver for the best years of Thomas' career in 2013-14. That was a long time and one Achilles injury ago. The Jets had been carrying only five wideouts. Thomas won't have fantasy value in his new home, but his arrival is bad news for Quincy Enunwa.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 10, 2019, 4:26 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jets signed K Sam Ficken.
Ficken will replace meme Kaare Vedvik, who cost the Jets a win in Week 1. A Rams fill-in each of the past two years, Ficken has converted just 3-of-6 career field goal attempts. He will be a bottom-barrel fantasy option as the Jets navigate their brutal early-season schedule.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 10, 2019, 2:37 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports Eagles DT Malik Jackson is expected to miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury.
Garafolo reports Jackson will undergo surgery next week. Jackson had to be carted off the field after going down 32 snaps into Sunday's opener. Jackson was released by the Jaguars on the eve of free agency, and the Eagles pounced. It's a huge loss for the Eagles' imposing line, though Timmy Jernigan and Hassan Ridgeway will help pick up the slack. Going on 30, Jackson will be missing his first games since 2010. Although Jackson's contract was announced as "three years," it was functionally one year. It's not a guarantee he's back in Philadelphia next season.
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Sep 10, 2019, 1:21 PM ET

Jets acquired WR Demaryius Thomas from the Patriots in exchange for a 2021 sixth-round pick.
Thomas didn't even make the Patriots' official 53-man roster — they wanted to avoid guaranteeing his contract — and they were still able to flip him for a sixth-rounder eight days after re-signing him. The Patriots will stay winning. Bill Belichick is moving on because there was no longer space on the roster following Antonio Brown's shock acquisition. In New York, Thomas will be reuniting with coach Adam Gase, who was in Denver for the best years of Thomas' career in 2013-14. That was a long time and one Achilles injury ago. The Jets had been carrying only five wideouts. Thomas won't have fantasy value in his new home, but his arrival is bad news for Quincy Enunwa.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 10, 2019, 4:26 PM ET
Jests betting on being a contender by 2021 ey.

Subscribed

Back