NFL 2019 NFL - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How did this game possibly get a MNF time slot?

You could argue for flex scheduling from Week 1, but I can't see one positive factor on why this game received the schedule status it did.

Other than it’s the anniversary of the first Monday nighter, can’t imagine why

:)

in a league where there are only 10 or so quality QB's teams will always overpay for backup caliber QB's when a starter goes down.

Raiders about to make bank with the 4 QB they have. and all of them are good enough to start on a team, but not good enough to build around

Didn't they cut Peterman? I can see why the 49ers kept both backups to...one for their own insurance and secondly a team will pay more in season than they will in preseason before injuries set in.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
That might be why the deal got done. Steelers offer their 2020 1st on Sunday morning....make be in bottom half of draft order. Accept offer Sunday night as now project to be a top 10 pick.
As someone joked elsewhere, the Steelers forgot to revoke their trade offer on the online trade system

Ah that's the AFL's tag line....when they make decisions that are unfathomable they role out the "its tradition" defense.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
As someone joked elsewhere, the Steelers forgot to revoke their trade offer on the online trade system
Most teams always announce trades/signings early.

Packers dont announce moves till the player passes a physical with the team. most announce the moment a deal is agreed on before a physical

Ah that's the AFL's tag line....when they make decisions that are unfathomable they role out the "its tradition" defense.

Not sure what your beef is. In offseason it was reasonable to assume Darnold v Baker was likely to take place.

Add fact that the two teams played the first game and its the 50th anniversary

Yeah they are putting that game on a Monday Night

How many 1st round picks do you think the Dolphins will end up with this year and next?

They've got no else to hock in other than Xavien Howard who's worth one. 😂

And even he's probably not worth one with the contract he's on.

What do you mean
1st one was the Rock Island Independants vs Chicago Staleys in 1920

And the 1st one involving 2 teams currently in existence was Detroit Lions vs Chicago Cardinals in 1936

This is just an anniversary of the first covered by ABC (and subsequently ESPN)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean
1st one was the Rock Island Independants vs Chicago Staleys in 1920

And the 1st one involving 2 teams currently in existence was Detroit Lions vs Chicago Cardinals in 1936

This is just an anniversary of the first covered by ABC (and subsequently ESPN)

Reaching deep mate

;)

There is a bye in there and Darnold will be back by then.

I wonder how long Adam Gase's leash is?? I mean I know he's apparently buddies with Douglas but Douglas didn't hire him.

Last edited:
Douglas was hired after Gase.

?

That's what I said.

. Edit: ******* Google spell check. Changes didn't to did cause I didn't use an apostrophe. * I hate it

So back to the initial question, I wonder how long Gase gets? s**t hire to begin with by Macaggnan. What has he actually done other than OC a Peyton Manning lead offense?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back