NFL 2019 NFL - Week 3

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Antonio Brown released. I doubt they did it for the reason that they should have, but outcome is hopefully the same. He shouldn’t play in the NFL again until he attempts to rehabilitate himself and show some remorse for his actions.

And the AB sideshow is done for the time being .

lol at Belichick press conference just 5 minutes before AB was cut.

And the AB sideshow is done for the time being .

lol at Belichick press conference just 5 minutes before AB was cut.

I gave him being on the Pats roster til November...way too generous.

The tin foil haters saying it was all a cunning plan (Baldrick) for Brown to get to the Pats can go back to their flat earth studies now 👍

You think the Pats put resources into masterminding a move to get a guy and cut him after one week despite knowing he's a fruit loop prior to said masterminding?

I mean come on, really?

How does this prove Brown wasn’t trying to get onto the Pats?

How does this prove he wasn't trying to leave the Pats and get somewhere else? I mean for all this to come out once he'd signed with NE..hmmmm seems pretty fishy, almost like he wished it wasn't the Pats who signed him off the waiver wire.

Jigsaw has nothing on AB and DR.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
How does this prove he wasn't trying to leave the Pats and get somewhere else? I mean for all this to come out once he'd signed with NE..hmmmm seems pretty fishy, almost like he wished it wasn't the Pats who signed him off the waiver wire.

Jigsaw has nothing on AB and DR.

I don’t really follow
He intentionally sabotaged things in Oakland.

At this stage we don’t have any evidence he has done the same in NE do we? In fact, he was stable enough to be given a game against Miami.

In fact, he was stable enough to be given a game against Miami.

Stable? He's been far from stable for more than just the past week. Pats care about Ws that's why they signed him, and cut bait with so quickly when they realised even he isn't worth the trouble.

If AB was determined to stay on the roster he so desperately wanted to be on as you claim, all he had to do was let the investigation takes its course, yet he couldn't even do that.

And you think they gave him a game last week because he was stable?

Come on man. Don't dig as deep as you are and make it more complicated than it actually is.

Stable? He's been far from stable for more than just the past week. Pats care about Ws that's why they signed him, and cut bait with so quickly when they realised even he isn't worth the trouble.

If AB was determined to stay on the roster he so desperately wanted to be on as you claim, all he had to do was let the investigation takes its course, yet he couldn't even do that.

Come on man. Don't dig as deep as you are and make it more complicated than it actually is.

The straw that broke camels back with the Pats was the idiot’s threatening texts to one of the accusers including sending a photo of one of her kids. Now that’s stupidity on a new level and Pats had no choice.

I think he was manoeuvring to get to the Pats. This doesn’t disprove it, just shows he’s an even bigger dickhead

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

He could’ve wanted to go there and still messed it up. Basically what TheGreatBarryB said.

Honestly think he thought he was behaving himself at NE. Not agitating the coaches or locker room etc., as he did at Oakland.

Either way, glad he is out of the league, for now at least. And good for AFC.

The straw that broke camels back with the Pats was the idiot’s threatening texts to one of the accusers including sending a photo of one of her kids. Now that’s stupidity on a new level and Pats had no choice.

I think he was manoeuvring to get to the Pats. This doesn’t disprove it, just shows he’s an even bigger dickhead

Well he's manoeuvered his way off the roster in one week. Clearly the plan was too cunning, even for AB himself.

He could’ve wanted to go there and still messed it up. Basically what TheGreatBarryB said.

Honestly think he thought he was behaving himself at NE. Not agitating the coaches or locker room etc., as he did at Oakland.

Either way, glad he is out of the league, for now at least. And good for AFC.

He was your secret agent tho, and only hope, of bringing down the Pats from within.

BB runs a tight ship tho, he doesn't put up with shenanigans or rape allegations for more than a week if you text the accuser.

Maybe this was mayocks plan all along. Now we will re sign him with no guaranteed money and for hardly any cap hit. We played the player baby!

*I know this won't happen

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
He was your secret agent tho, and only hope, of bringing down the Pats from within.

BB runs a tight ship tho, he doesn't put up with shenanigans or rape allegations for more than a week if you text the accuser.

As you said, he wasn't going to bring them down from within.
Not having another top-tier player on their squad is the help for other AFC teams.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ESPN Boston reports Antonio Brown is unlikely to get any of his $9 million signing bonus from the Patriots.
The Patriots plan to use the "representation warranty clause" to void Brown's signing bonus. Brown didn't disclose he was dealing with an off-field situation before signing with New England, which they view as a breach of contract. The NFLPA could file a grievance, but it sounds like Brown may only end up with his $1 million salary, two game checks ($125K), and a $33,333 roster bonus. Since Brown was released after June 1, any money the Patriots owe can be spread out over the next two years.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN Boston
Sep 20, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

Back