LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.20 AM ON 30/9: Dallas at New Orleans
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.15 AM ON 1/10 : Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

NB: VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 2 hours WA

Last edited:
Brashers Weekly Musings – Boris Johnson Emperor Dissolves the Republic Edition

Carolina at Houston I’m not ready to buy into the Kyle Allen hype train just yet. If not for the focus on their rookie QB, the Cardinals who somehow are playing even worse defense than last year, could arguably be worse than the Dolphins. And Miami has an excuse because there is more tanking going on there than seen at an aqua-scaping competition. The Texans should win this but after the Panthers got a taste for sacking the QB last week I fear that Houston’s dysfunctional offensive line could eventually get their QB killed.

Cleveland at Baltimore The Browns now enter a 4 week patch of tough outings that could define their season. But then again, they could come out of that stretch a couple of games under 500 and still be leading the division. The defenders of the Browns are preaching perseverance and that things will come good. You bet they will, just around about the time the powder puff part of the their schedule comes around that includes match ups against 6 currently winless teams in their last 7 contests.

Kansas City at Detroit The Chiefs are treating football games like it’s qualifying time for a Grand Prix. Wander around the pit paddock for a bit; load up; set a scorching qualifying time and then spend the rest of the afternoon online shopping for luxury motor launches, Hublot watches and Gap Kids. Even though I think Kansas City wins, if I had both these starting QBs on my roster (I must be playing in a 4 team league) I’d start Stafford.

New England at Buffalo It’s just not fair. Brady’s longevity (and not being ruthless with his contract demands) has been a boom for the Pats allowing them to reserve draft and salary cap collateral for other team needs. In contrast, the Browns, who have started 28 different QBs over the same period, including investing 4 first round picks (not counting Tim Couch) may or may not have solved the problem with Mayfield. The last time the Pats took a QB in the first round of the draft? Drew Bledsoe, 27 years ago.

Los Angeles Chargers at Miami The only statistic that concerns the Dolphins in preparing for the week ahead is perusing the match ups of fellow winless teams and assessing their respective strength of schedules. Cause it would really suck to suck all year just to be beaten out of the first overall draft pick on a technicality. But how the world has turned, the 1972 Miami team still cheer for loses to undefeated teams on a weekly basis. To show that they are not all just selfish old men they can also now cheer for the leagues winless teams to record victories.

Oakland at Indianapolis Andrew Luck is so smart that he knew retiring 15 minutes before the start of the season was not going to leave his former club in a hole. Jacoby Brissett is proving that he belongs in this league and that Lord Belichick not only makes sure his own team is looked after but continues to pump out starting quality QBs for other teams to enjoy. It’s like the Mercedes racing team giving other teams a hand by selling them engines, albeit of a lower spec.

Tennessee at Atlanta There were so many flags being thrown at the Falcons players last week they may have well have added the colour yellow to their unis. This Atlanta team reminds of the pre-Mike Vick Falcons, the one QB’ed by Chris “Crystal” Chandler. Played reasonably well for the most part but lacked for attention to detail. Like being in front on the scoreboard.

Washington at New York Giants All hail new Giants’ starting QB, Daniel Jones, your saviour is here. They say that the most important position in Australian sport is the Aussie Men’s Cricket Captain (I disagree, I think it is the guy or girl who sets the random drug testing schedule for ASADA) then to QB the New York Football Giants must be close to being America’s equivalent. Damn you Bruce Arians and your stupid delay of game penalty. By simultaneously making your kicker’s job at hand harder and icing him to boot you are singularly responsible for this mess.

Seattle at Arizona Kyler Murray is on track to get sacked 85 times this year if he doesn’t get carried off the field on a hospital gurney first. He is also on track to break the single season record for the most pass attempts per game, a record he would have in the bag if he didn’t get sacked so much. If his defence can allow the opposition to score really quickly a few times, Murray should get the chance to challenge for Drew Bledsoe’s single game passing attempt record at some point this season.

Tampa Bay at Los Angeles Rams Ronde Barber was inducted into the Bucs Ring of Honour on Sunday before the fateful Giants game. The Bucs are now 4 and 9 in games when someone is inducted into the ring. Remember, these are all home games too. Maybe the induction ceremony should be moved to Wednesdays.

Jacksonville at Denver Jalen Ramsey is the undisputed face of the franchise. The question is for which franchise? Although Garner Minshew might have something to say about that before the season is out. Which would probably piss Ramsey off even more since Minshew will probably be riding the pine and entering pie eating contests with his dad once Nick Foles returns from injury.

Minnesota at Chicago A welcomed divisional match up in arguably the toughest division in the league right now is just the tonic when your team is on its bye week. I’m going to be watching the performance of Bears kicker Eddy Piñeiro with interest. His back story is touching and his dedication in suiting up despite being injured and questionable all week is inspiring. Missing a potential game winning field goal due to said injury and getting cut would be less so.

Dallas at New Orleans I’m rooting for the Saints here not so much because I am a 49er fan and hate the Cowboys but because I genuinely have a soft spot for Teddy Bridgewater and want to see him succeed. I point that out because I can come across a bit tired and crotchety at times and I wanted to show my softer side. Oh, and I think Jerry Jones is a pompous dick.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh Maybe the Steelers should have held out for a couple of weeks before trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Despite the 49ers serving up the ball and field position early and often the Steelers just couldn’t score with backup Randolph at the helm. Dare I say the Steelers could be heading for a cellar dweller season. So with Big Ben at the near end of his career they gave up a potential top 5 draft pick for a safety.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
sad-quarterback.gif

I feel like I need to protest the NFL.
How am I supposed to attend the GF parade and watch the packers at the same time. Grrrrrr

Rather watch it on a 70 inch screen

Personally speaking......Parades + the public = shudder

It's amazing, the older I get the less I enjoy being around people.

Or maybe I never have enjoyed it, just find myself less tolerable of certain things than I used to be. 😕

I feel like I need to protest the NFL.
How am I supposed to attend the GF parade and watch the packers at the same time. Grrrrrr

So um, what’s it like for your to team..ah, you know...win a final?

Back