NFL 2019 NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Wildcard Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no problem calling it dirty because Clowney leads with his helmet, but how was it late? Wentz being down and the start of the contact are basically simultaneous.
normally its late anytime the defender hits a QB who has already left his feet. Its late by how the rule is written.

Its a dumb rule where the NFL wants defenders to disobey the rules of time and physics and expect the QB to slide/dive.
I have no clue how it was not a flag. most crews cant wait to throw a flag there.

normally its late anytime the defender hits a QB who has already left his feet. Its late by how the rule is written.
That is true of a slide because that is deemed the moment the QB has given themselves up, but I can't see how that is true when the reason he has left his feet is because of a tackle

The stupidity of how they interpret protecting the QB is that it is taking the defender's intent out of consideration. We see countless flags where the intent of the defender is to do nothing but stop the QB.....with the Clowney one there is only one intent and that is to hurt Wentz.

Lol, Wild Bill be trolling this thread hard.
the eagles fans will be giving it back 100x when Seattle lose either nextweek or the weeks after. and give him s**t on every non call Seattle get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stupidity of how they interpret protecting the QB is that it is taking the defender's intent out of consideration. We see countless flags where the intent of the defender is to do nothing but stop the QB.....with the Clowney one there is only one intent and that is to hurt Wentz.

The one they called on Barnett he actually tried to stop Wilson hitting the ground hard after being pushed into him. It was only a flag because Wilson flopped like he'd been shot.

it will be a $30k fine. it will be graded the same as Barnett on Williams earlier in the year. Both dirty late hits, but Barnett was after the play was dead.

NFL wont have the guts to suspend anyone in the playoffs, you could do a Miles Garrett and just cop a fine if your team is still playing.

I think because it was a hit that took out a QB, it will be a suspension. Can’t have a precedence of a fine for taking out the oppositions QB. There will be no QB’s left....

Bang bang, yet human instinct tells someone to put their hands out to break their fall when going to the ground, but for whatever reason you decide to break the fall with your head. Ok.

The referees didnt call it because the head contact was 'incidental' apparently.

WTF.

I mean seriously, when has that mattered ever? We have seen all year defenders being flagged for accidental contact because the ball carrier slipped.

I mean seriously, when has that mattered ever? We have seen all year defenders being flagged for accidental contact because the ball carrier slipped.

It's not even clear what it means.

Was it a minor part of another action? No. It was all he did- there was no tackle attempt. It was a lead with the head.

Was it low impact? * no.

You *en having a laugh you inbred campaigner. * You NFL League Pass and * you the world. Got up to and was planning to watch the games on delay first thing and I had to dick around with the extension cord thanks to you know who. Then the *n condensed highlights weren't up yet, and the Vike's-Saints game froze. The universe conspired against me and nothing flowed. Eventually I did get to watch my beloved NFL and * the Saints losing surprised me. Job well done Vike's.

Seattle these campaigners are the Italy of the NFL with their uninspiring, defensive, unconvincing bullshit they dish out from week to week. They haven't won a game convincingly since Melbourne last won a flag. Great to see Marshawn snag a T.D though.

Not happy lads. The whole shenanigans threw a spanner in Macpotata's works and now he's on the back foot like WCE in the 2018 granny. Massive case of the Jack Darling yips.

Suck s**t Saints fans ya campaigners!

Piss poor from the league as per on Clowney. Bloke is falling towards the ground and gets head butted out the game and it's incidental contact. Should be out for 2 games.

Back