Resource 2019 AFL Draft Order

Now includes live trades from Day 1 of the 2018 draft as follows;

Trade one

Sydney swapped its second-round selection (pick 26, which became pick 29 after picks were matched elsewhere in the Draft) for a future third-round selection from West Coast. The deal meant the Swans would not be forced to use that second-round selection if a bid came for Nick Blakey, which it eventually did.

Trade two

Another pick swap between the Swans and the Eagles with West Coast’s second-round selection, which at the start of the night was pick 22 but became pick 25 after bid matching, going to the Swans and a 2019 second-round selection heading to the Eagles.

Trade three

Adelaide swapped pick 19 and its 2019 first-round selection for Carlton’s first selection in the 2019 Draft. The Crows will back themselves to climb the ladder in 2019 and hope the Blues don’t improve much – if at all – on their 18th place finish this season. If so, the Crows have secured a pick in the first few in next year’s Draft. With pick 19, the Blues selected Sandringham Dragons midfielder Liam Stocker.
http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 11.39.19 pm.png

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
WCE only swapped 54 for 30.
Not sure how we end up with those other picks?

I think pick 48 should still be Swans 2019 third round?

As well as Robbie points out that the Dogs have been given your 2019 third round which should be with us too?

I think that’s right.

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Lore

You have West Coast's future 3rd Round pick the Swans traded for last night sitting with the Bulldogs and not the Swans
This looks lovely, but I don't know how WCE have 3 2nd round picks now, and i'm not sure we should have a 3rd round after giving that to the Sydney.

I believe we should have:

WCE 1st
Sydney 2nd
WCE 2nd
No Third and
Saints 4th.

Cheers.
You are correct. I’m gonna blame Chief, he was updating the OP of the live thread last night and gave the credit of the swans live trades to the dogs. Being tired, I updated the spreadsheet twice, once on his information and then again with info from the AFL website, without undoing the first mess properly. I’ll sort it out in a bit, but it’s definitely incorrect as you say.

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You are correct. I’m gonna blame Chief, he was updating the OP of the live thread last night and gave the credit of the swans live trades to the dogs. Being tired, I updated the spreadsheet twice, once on his information and then again with info from the AFL website, without undoing the first mess properly. I’ll sort it out in a bit, but it’s definitely incorrect as you say.
Yeah I saw that Dogs apparent trade also. Was confused at first too!

Alright, I think this is more accurate than the one I tried to do last night, based on the following;

LIVE TRADES

Swans receive a future round 3 pick - From West Coast Eagles
Eagles receive pick 26 - From Sydney Swans

Swans receive pick 24 - From West Coast Eagles
Eagles receive a future round 2 pick - From Sydney Swans

Crows receive a future round 1 pick - From Carlton
Blues receive pick 19 and a future round 1 pick - From Adelaide

Eagles receive pick 27 and pick 32 - From Gold Coast Suns
Suns receive pick 23 and a future round 5 pick - From West Coast Eagles

Giants receive pick 24 and a future round 5 pick - From Adelaide
Crows receive pick 28 and a future round 2 pick - From Greater Western Sydney

Dogs receive pick 34 and pick 41 - From Fremantle
Dockers receive pick 30 and pick 57 - From Western Bulldogs

Saints receive pick 51 - From North Melbourne
Kangas receive a future round 3 pick - From St Kilda

Kangas receive pick 46 - From Western Bulldogs
Dogs receive a future round 3 pick - From North Melbourne

Lions receive pick 54 - From North Melbourne
Kangas receive a future round 4 pick - From Brisbane Lions

Giants receive pick 61 - From St Kilda
Saints receive a future round 4 pick and a future round 4 pick - From Greater Western Sydney

The above does not specify which club each pick is attached to, so it's difficult to know whether a pick is on-traded from a third club or whether they've traded their own pick. For that reason the below should have the right number of picks in the right rounds, but may still be slightly inaccurate. If the draft tracker is missing any of the live trades then I also haven't included them, as I don't have the information.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.34.26 pm.png

Draft tracker was updated again with a couple more live trades from the back end of the draft;

Blues receive pick 67 and a future round 5 pick - From Adelaide
Crows receive pick 64 - From Carlton

Hawks receive pick 63 and a future round 5 pick - From Collingwood
Magpies receive a future round 4 pick - From Hawthorn

Saints receive pick 67 - From Carlton
Blues receive a future round 4 pick and pick 75 - From St Kilda

Cats receive pick 68 - From Richmond
Tigers receive a future round 4 pick - From Geelong Cats

The round 4 pick that Carlton received from the Saints could have originally been Carlton's, GWS' or West Coast's, as St Kilda had three. Without any further information I've taken a guess that it's GWS's pick that they traded, based on the other values in the trade that seems kinda fair. Will need to straighten it out when more information is available though.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 4.12.24 pm.png

Trueblue4Life

Debutant
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Draft tracker was updated again with a couple more live trades from the back end of the draft;

The round 4 pick that Carlton received from the Saints could have originally been Carlton's, GWS' or West Coast's, as St Kilda had three. Without any further information I've taken a guess that it's GWS's pick that they traded, based on the other values in the trade that seems kinda fair. Will need to straighten it out when more information is available though.

View attachment 587864

Hi Lore, I think Adelaide's 5th round pick (73) was traded back to Carlton, otherwise great work mate.

Hi Lore, I think Adelaide's 5th round pick (73) was traded back to Carlton, otherwise great work mate.
Adelaide had two fifth round picks, one was traded to Carlton. Is there some confirmation that you've seen that shows that the pick that was traded was Carlton's? There's a couple of things like this that aren't made clear on the AFL website draft tracker, but what I've got should at least have the right number of picks in the right rounds.

Hi Lore great work. The 3rd rounder the Dogs got from North yesterday is tied to St Kilda, not North’s own pick. Was reported on the North website
Thank you! Fixed. :)
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 11.08.30 am.png

I've broken down what I have in the spreadsheet below so that it's easier to see which picks your club has. If you know that something here is wrong please let me know, preferably with some sort of official source or reasoning so I can verify it.

(Updating this as changes made from the info in the following posts)
Round 1;
Adelaide has Carlton's pick
Brisbane Lions has Collingwood's pick
Carlton has Adelaide's pick
Gold Coast has Brisbane Lions' pick
GWS has Essendon's pick

Round 2;
Adelaide has Carlton's pick
Brisbane has Gold Coast's pick
Essendon has GWS's pick
Sydney has St Kilda's pick
West Coast has Sydney's pick

Round 3;
Brisbane has Fremantle's pick
Gold Coast has Richmond's pick
Hawthorn has Port Adelaide's pick
Richmond has Gold Coast's pick
Sydney has West Coast's pick
Western Bulldogs have Hawthorn's pick
Western Bulldogs has St Kilda's pick

Round 4;
Carlton has GWS's pick
Collingwood has Hawthorn's pick
Essendon has Fremantle's pick
North Melbourne has Brisbane's pick
Port Adelaide has Adelaide's pick
Port Adelaide has Western Bulldogs' pick
Port Adelaide has North Melbourne's pick
Richmond has Geelong's pick
St Kilda has Gold Coast's pick
St Kilda has West Coast's pick
Sydney has Carlton's pick
West Coast has St Kilda's pick

Round 5;
Gold Coast has West Coast's pick
GWS has Carlton's pick
Hawthorn has Collingwood's pick

Last edited:

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton received a round 5 pick from Adelaide. It is unclear whether this was our original round 5 pick, or theirs (I think they traded out 2 5th rounders yesterday ?). But we have a 5th which isn’t showing on that board.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Great thread. Excellent resource.

I think Collingwood has pick 68 (Hawthorns actual 4th rounder) in the pick trade from Hawthorn not pick 60.

Port got pick 60 (Bulldogs 4th rounder from Duryea Deal) in the Wingard/Burton deal, not pick 68.

Post #22 has it correct but it appears to have flipped picks 60 & 68 between Hawthorn and Port at post #26.

Happy to keep pick 60 though.:)

Carlton received a round 5 pick from Adelaide. It is unclear whether this was our original round 5 pick, or theirs (I think they traded out 2 5th rounders yesterday ?). But we have a 5th which isn’t showing on that board.
That's my bad, I missed that bit in the live trades. I've updated it with Carlton's own pick going back to them - not sure if that's correct but at least you have a pick in that round.

Great thread. Excellent resource.

I think Collingwood has pick 68 (Hawthorns actual 4th rounder) in the pick trade from Hawthorn not pick 60.

Port got pick 60 (Bulldogs 4th rounder from Duryea Deal) in the Wingard/Burton deal, not pick 68.

Post #22 has it correct but it appears to have flipped picks 60 & 68 between Hawthorn and Port at post #26.

Happy to keep pick 60 though.:)
Ah! Okay. How's this;

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 9.43.44 pm.png

Also I've added an extra column to the draft order page with the pick locations after the 2018 trade period and also after the 2018 draft live trading, instead of that being combined in one column. A little easier to follow I hope.

Round 4;
Carlton has GWS's pick

Thanks for this amazing resource. I have one question:

In the 2nd last trade of the 2nd day of the draft

Carlton traded pick 67 to St Kilda in exchange for pick 75 and future fourth-round pick.

At the time St Kilda held 3 fourth-round picks: Gold Coast's, GWS's and West Coast's. I have been unable to find any information on which of the 3 picks was sent to Carlton. It looks like you've noted it down as the GWS pick. Where did you get this information from?

Thanks for this amazing resource. I have one question:

In the 2nd last trade of the 2nd day of the draft

At the time St Kilda held 3 fourth-round picks: Gold Coast's, GWS's and West Coast's. I have been unable to find any information on which of the 3 picks was sent to Carlton. It looks like you've noted it down as the GWS pick. Where did you get this information from?
That's one I don't have any idea about, I've just guessed for now (as I noted above) :) There's a few trades like this where it is really quite ambiguous, and we don't know who has whose pick. For the minute I've just guessed and put one in, so that you at least know which rounds each club has a pick in. If you do find information let me know, it's a bit of a work in progress finding out what actual picks were swapped.

Adelaide had two fifth round picks, one was traded to Carlton. Is there some confirmation that you've seen that shows that the pick that was traded was Carlton's? There's a couple of things like this that aren't made clear on the AFL website draft tracker, but what I've got should at least have the right number of picks in the right rounds.

That's my bad, I missed that bit in the live trades. I've updated it with Carlton's own pick going back to them - not sure if that's correct but at least you have a pick in that round.

According to the BL list manager, teams couldn't trade a pick back to the club who traded it to them. If Carlton traded the fifth round pick directly to Adelaide in the first place (I can't remember), Adelaide couldn't trade Carlton's pick back to them.

According to the BL list manager, teams couldn't trade a pick back to the club who traded it to them. If Carlton traded the fifth round pick directly to Adelaide in the first place (I can't remember), Adelaide couldn't trade Carlton's pick back to them.
Was this specifically in relation to live trades during the draft? And does it affect being traded back to the club who originally originally had it, before the beginning of future pick trades in 2017? Or just being traded back to the club that had it at the start of the draft?

I'm sure picks have been traded back before, generally speaking. I think there was one pick in particular last year that got traded to around 12 different clubs including back to the original club and out again.

Was this specifically in relation to live trades during the draft?
It applies to live trades but to all picks, even those traded before the draft.

There wasn't mention whether it applied to non-live trades or not.
And does it affect being traded back to the club who originally originally had it, before the beginning of future pick trades in 2017? Or just being traded back to the club that had it at the start of the draft?
Just that you couldn't trade a pick back to the team you got it from. You could trade it back to the original team if that team was different to the team you got it from.

That's one I don't have any idea about, I've just guessed for now (as I noted above) :) There's a few trades like this where it is really quite ambiguous, and we don't know who has whose pick. For the minute I've just guessed and put one in, so that you at least know which rounds each club has a pick in. If you do find information let me know, it's a bit of a work in progress finding out what actual picks were swapped.
Thanks, should have read the previous posts more closely. I've been tracking them as well, and this is the only trade I couldn't get any official confirmation or where there was only one pick in that round that the club had at the time.

Which other ones were you not certain about?

Back