Resource 2019 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
As with previous editions from previous years, this spreadsheet is updated automatically at the end of each round, usually on a Monday or Tuesday.

Through the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient. :)

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

Yeah that happens sometimes, it draws the ladder off afltables. If they change the design of the webpage a little then the spreadsheet drops out, but it's easily fixed by updating the reference cell. That's why I screenshot it weekly - if it breaks you can still check the previous screenshot until I get around to fixing it.

Round 12, 2019
Round 12:
Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 1.09.28 pm.png

First bye week done. Teams who had a bye this round: Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs.

Round 13, 2019
Round 13:
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 6.53.03 pm.png

Second of the bye weeks done. Teams who had a bye this round: West Coast, Sydney, Brisbane, Collingwood, Geelong, Melbourne

Round 14, 2019
Round 15, 2019
Round 16, 2019
Can anyone help to explain why the Eagles will have pick position #10 while in Top 2?
It's the total of the draft value of all their picks. It's sorted based off the draft value points column on the right.

Have checked this against the AFL's version that they published in round 11. ALL OF THE PICKS IN THE SPREADSHEET ARE DEFINITELY TIED TO THE RIGHT CLUBS! WOOHOO!!

Thanks to everyone who commented and helped us get it right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 17, 2019
Round 18, 2019
Round 19, 2019
Round 20, 2019
Round 21, 2019
Round 21:
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 8.49.22 pm.png

I have changed the source I use for the AFL ladder in this spreadsheet, which means that the draft picks will now be 100% live throughout the home and away season. Through finals and the trade period it will still be manually updated, so please be patient :)

As a result of this change, the system I had for marking the round number in the top of the spreadsheet no longer works. I have replaced this with a date/time in the lower left corner.

I used this ladder source for something else last week and it appears to be stable and accurate, however please tag me and let me know if anything seems dodgy.

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
As a result of this change, the system I had for marking the round number in the top of the spreadsheet no longer works. I have replaced this with a date/time in the lower left corner.

="Round "&ROUNDDOWN((now()-43540)/7,0)

(ish, that'll tick over every Saturday morning)

You could also =importxml() from a fixture page somewhere.

="Round "&ROUNDDOWN((now()-43540)/7,0)

(ish, that'll tick over every Saturday morning)

You could also =importxml() from a fixture page somewhere.
Would that one work for bye weeks etc?

The main issue with the way I was doing it before is that it would not necessarily match the picks in the sheet when we're mid-way through a round. What I was doing before was using the greatest number of matches played by any team as a guide for what round it was up to, with the data only updating at the end of the round and therefore the number of matches (and the round number) only updating when the rest of the ladder did. I worked around the bye rounds using a before/after date and a lot of nesting.

Now though the picks will start updating for e.g. round 19 before round 19 is complete, so you could have screenshots being taken and the ss itself doesn't tell you whether the round was finished or not at the time that the ss was taken.

Bit time poor lately so haven't really looked at a permanent solution.

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
Would that one work for bye weeks etc?

The main issue with the way I was doing it before is that it would not necessarily match the picks in the sheet when we're mid-way through a round. What I was doing before was using the greatest number of matches played by any team as a guide for what round it was up to, with the data only updating at the end of the round and therefore the number of matches (and the round number) only updating when the rest of the ladder did. I worked around the bye rounds using a before/after date and a lot of nesting.

Now though the picks will start updating for e.g. round 19 before round 19 is complete, so you could have screenshots being taken and the ss itself doesn't tell you whether the round was finished or not at the time that the ss was taken.

Bit time poor lately so haven't really looked at a permanent solution.
Mine just worked off calendar date.

Yours is more elegant in that it works regardless of what days a given round covers.

Whether you use max or min games played (to show round commenced or completed), you could add an asterisk to indicate teams out of sync (like the C7 live ladder). That would also show how the byes distort the ladder.

Round 22, 2019
Round 23, 2019
Round 23:

The ladder order does (of course) change through finals and the draft order with it, but this is as far as we go with automatic updates.

Once the last game of each week of finals has been played I will update the spreadsheet's ladder manually. Please be patient :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back