Resource 2019 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Buzza, Newnes, Gray, Brand move as delisted free agents
Updated to include delisted free agents in the "recruits" column:

Wylie Buzza (Geelong) to Port Adelaide
Jack Newnes (St Kilda) to Carlton
Sam Gray (Port Adelaide) to Sydney
Kaiden Brand (Hawthorn) to Sydney

As well as Cian McBride, an irish rookie to Essendon (finally confirmed last week).

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 8.55.11 pm.png

Thanks to Nihilus for the reminder :)

Updated to include delisted free agents in the "recruits" column:

Wylie Buzza (Geelong) to Port Adelaide
Jack Newnes (St Kilda) to Carlton
Sam Gray (Port Adelaide) to Sydney
Kaiden Brand (Hawthorn) to Sydney

As well as Cian McBride, an irish rookie to Essendon (finally confirmed last week).

View attachment 781092

Thanks to Nihilus for the reminder :)

your welcome :)

Pick swap between Hawthorn and North Melbourne
Pick swap between Brisbane Lions and Collingwood
I’m out of thread. I’m overseas till Chrissy see you then. Thanks for a good year, really kept me up to date.

Pick swap Fremantle and Adelaide
Pick swap Fremantle and Melbourne
Ryan Abbott (Geelong) joins St Kilda as a delisted free agent
Screenshot needs an update.

St Kilda signed Geelong's Ryan Abbott as a Delisted Free-Agent.
Yeah I haven't really been posting screenshots just for that, since it doesn't affect the draft order. I just add them to the spreadsheet and then the next time the draft order changes it's included.

Currently waiting on a finalised draft order from the AFL, with redundant picks removed.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.07.37 pm.png

Yeah I haven't really been posting screenshots just for that, since it doesn't affect the draft order. I just add them to the spreadsheet and then the next time the draft order changes it's included.

Currently waiting on a finalised draft order from the AFL, with redundant picks removed.

View attachment 783605

I understand but, as Abbott was signed by St Kilda yesterday, felt like he deserved inclusion as means of formality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FINAL ORDER
Trades done on draft night (1)

TRADES
1. COLLINGWOOD gains Pick 60. GWS GIANTS gain Picks 62 and 70.
2. PORT ADELAIDE gains Pick 66 and a 2020 second-round pick. FREMANTLE gains Picks 52 and 55.
3. CARLTON gains Picks 17 and 22. GOLD COAST gains Picks 11 and 62.
4. CARLTON gains Pick 20. PORT ADELAIDE gains Picks 22 and 55.

2019 Draft Day 1, bid matching and live trades
Live trade 1:
GWS in: #62 and #70
Collingwood in: #60

Live trade 2:
Fremantle in: #52 and #55
Port Adelaide in: #66 and future 2nd (tied to Fremantle? Fremantle also have Melbourne's)

Bid matched:
Carlton bid on Fremantle's Liam Henry.
Fremantle match, moving up to pick 9.
Fremantle's remaining picks are drained of value and demoted to the end of the draft.
Everything else moves up.

Bid matched:
Carlton bid on GWS's Tom Green.
GWS match, moving up to pick 10.
GWS's remaining picks are drained of value are demoted to the end of the draft.
Everything else moves up.

Live trade 3:
Gold Coast in: #11 and #62
Carlton in: #17 and #22

Live trade 4:
Carlton in: #20
Port Adelaide in: #22 and #55

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 11.03.43 pm.png

Have also cross referenced with the AFL's draft tracker and final draft order, so if this is wrong so is theirs lol.

Interestingly, GWS reporting that they matched Tom Green's bid with picks 41, 56, 59, 67, 71 - four of which we do not own. 41 & 56 indicates a trade with Tigers for #40 (but not documented :drunk: ) but 67 & 71 are Blues and Swans' picks - perhaps a misread of 62 & 70? Bizarre - see how this plays out tomorrow.

I think a bunch of late picks got eliminated by rookie upgrades without it being noted. The trade with Collingwood gave us 62 (which they had) and 70 (where they previously had 74).

Dockers got pick 9 from the Henry bid which shifted GWS's original pick from 40 to 41, then used picks that would've brought the later picks in a pick (58 and 62) or two (70 and 80). Instead they appear to have come in 2, 3, 3 and 9 respectively.

If someone had taken a snapshot of the live draft tracker at the beginning of the night we probably would've seen the "correct" picks everyone had, because you can already see pick 89 (Dogs) has come into pick 71.

I think a bunch of late picks got eliminated by rookie upgrades without it being noted. The trade with Collingwood gave us 62 (which they had) and 70 (where they previously had 74).

Dockers got pick 9 from the Henry bid which shifted GWS's original pick from 40 to 41, then used picks that would've brought the later picks in a pick (58 and 62) or two (70 and 80). Instead they appear to have come in 2, 3, 3 and 9 respectively.

If someone had taken a snapshot of the live draft tracker at the beginning of the night we probably would've seen the "correct" picks everyone had, because you can already see pick 89 (Dogs) has come into pick 71.
The final draft order from before the draft is up a few posts, but yeah the rookie upgrade picks have been removed. I noticed that when I was cross referencing stuff between @Chaisa’s thread, my own notes and the number of picks the AFL had recorded.

As Chaisa noted though a couple of clubs have one less pick than we would have expected, which probably means there are rookies being upgraded that haven’t been announced yet.

And as you say the bid matching has pushed picks up a bit so the numbers have changed a bit.

The final draft order from before the draft is up a few posts
Thanks, I missed that. I was working off a slightly out of date list on AFL.com.au.

Giant Strides, it's pretty clear then. The final order is https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-25/final-draft-order-check-out-your-clubs-picks.

Fremantle matching Henry added pick 9 and eliminated picks 49, 52, 55 and 58.

Since GWS didn't have any picks in the 49 to 58 range all their remaining picks were either moved out 1 (if before 49) or in three (if after 58):
  • 40 goes to 41
  • 59 goes to 56
  • (60 has been traded)
  • 62 goes to 59
  • 70 goes to 67
  • 74 goes to 71
That list then matches what was announced as the picks they used.

After the matching is done 80 has gone to 73 due to Fremantle eliminating a net three picks and GWS eliminating four.

Hey just wondering, do you have what next year draft order looks like with all the swaps of picks what happened last night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back