2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argghh Essendon!

Looks like we certainly gifted them a win two rounds ago and they didn't play all that great to be honest apart from the 2nd half. They barely got over a woeful Gold Coast last week.

No you've missed my point, you are saying these 20-21 years old will replace Gray and Boak instead of 2 of their top 4 player entering their prime....WOW.
Go back and read the start, you posted not having Wingard and Polec when Gray will be a problem, that’s what I responded to.

So nice try

Terrible commentary on the GWS Sydney game

Just calling names with no sense of the tension of a close game in the final few minutes

Go back and read the start, you posted not having Wingard and Polec when Gray will be a problem, that’s what I responded to.

So nice try
Apologies, I thought you said not to worry as these youngster who will be 20-21 years old and in their 3rd-4th year when their top 4 players in Gray and Boak (who they are still reliant on this year) retire instead of their other top 4 players in Polec and Wingard entering their prime but what said was they've contributed as much compared to Polec and Wingard last year and my respond was no they haven't, both Duursma and Butters have been dropped and Rozee has been flat in the last few months.
There is no way they've contributed as much as Polec and Wingard.

He was named in the under 22 squad (not even making the final under 22 squad—only dodee from the crows got that honour), and wasn’t even in the 40 for the real AA. Sorry, he wasn’t almost. He was almost almost. Which isn’t something to gloat about. Again, I see potential in him, but the potential in Rozee far surpasses him. How much longer do we need to live off pure potential for Milera, who is in his fourth year. To compare, both Dangerfield and Smith were in the AA team on their fourth/fifth years at the club.

I agree that Port’s worry is that they lack a core middle group to cover them once their aging list retires in the next couple of years, but I don’t think Polec or Wingard were much leaders for them regardless. I don’t think anyone would argue that port drafted exceptionally well last year— and although their hand was forced with Polec and Wingard leaving— they made the absolute most of it in a “super draft” year. Their biggest mistake was trading in lazy nothing players like Motlop or Rocky to fill in the middle. I keep waiting for this list to click cause I do see them having tons of potential. The base is there— Moving forward if they can somehow trade in (and history says they can given players seem to always request Port over Crows...) some players of the correct age group they will bounce back in my mind. Comparing to the crows I don’t see such a solid base of young kids just yet (and the good ones also keep leaving for some strange reason) but I’m hoping very much I’m wrong.
No you're not. You too scared to post from your real account flog ?? Milera is constantly played out of position. He's never going to be named in any AA squad playing off a half forward flank. He's a midfielder and the coaches refuse to play him as a midfielder. Or even off a half back flank. Now * off.
Oh good news, Hinkley is around for another 2 years.

**** we aren't playing but how often has DerrWayne referred to us?

He is a very strange man.
What's worse is how often he refers to Poort when he is commentating a game that does not involve Poort. He is the biggest flog going round. At least he keeps on campaigning about how good Hinkley is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was named in the under 22 squad (not even making the final under 22 squad—only dodee from the crows got that honour), and wasn’t even in the 40 for the real AA. Sorry, he wasn’t almost. He was almost almost. Which isn’t something to gloat about. Again, I see potential in him, but the potential in Rozee far surpasses him. How much longer do we need to live off pure potential for Milera, who is in his fourth year. To compare, both Dangerfield and Smith were in the AA team on their fourth/fifth years at the club.

I agree that Port’s worry is that they lack a core middle group to cover them once their aging list retires in the next couple of years, but I don’t think Polec or Wingard were much leaders for them regardless. I don’t think anyone would argue that port drafted exceptionally well last year— and although their hand was forced with Polec and Wingard leaving— they made the absolute most of it in a “super draft” year. Their biggest mistake was trading in lazy nothing players like Motlop or Rocky to fill in the middle. I keep waiting for this list to click cause I do see them having tons of potential. The base is there— Moving forward if they can somehow trade in (and history says they can given players seem to always request Port over Crows...) some players of the correct age group they will bounce back in my mind. Comparing to the crows I don’t see such a solid base of young kids just yet (and the good ones also keep leaving for some strange reason) but I’m hoping very much I’m wrong.
They might not be leaders but they were easily their top 4 players entering their prime to replace their other top 4 player in Gray and Boak when they retire.

Kenny safe as houses now !

And it’s glorious

Sounds like our club. We'll probably hear similar from them the next time we win. When do we play GC next?

FMD, that's all we need, a %-boosting win to the filth.
Hope we can absolutely smash Saints and maintain the % advantage.
For that matter, hope we can win by any margin whatever.

Who ******* cares? We shouldn't even be contemplating finals at this point, and Port sneaking in to make up the numbers will be
meaningless to us anyway.

Who ******* cares? We shouldn't even be contemplating finals at this point, and Port sneaking in to make up the numbers will be
meaningless to us anyway.
Missing finals is better for our situation. And hopefully it means Port suffers another humiliating finals loss.

Missing finals is better for our situation. And hopefully it means Port suffers another humiliating finals loss.

This season it doeant matter if we sneak into the finals v getting a better draft pick.

And we aint getting rid of Pyke regardless this season.

Might as well play a final so all the youngsters can get a taste of finals intensity - Dougie, Otten, MacKay etc. You know our future.

We've got much bigger problems than to worry about Port. Let Port make finals. It means that Hinkley is locked in till the end of 2021. We need to focus on getting our own house in order, pronto.

You need a hug. Whatever is going on it’ll be ok. If you want to chat more about things I’m always here for you. Otherwise don’t hesitate to call lifeline. Love you. 💕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back