2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute sham of a suspension. No video evidence or evidence from Neale that any contact was made with the eyes, yet Greene still cops a ban from two former Collingwood players meaning he misses a Pies prelim. I really hope the Giants appeal.
Absolute bs decision, they will definitely appeal

Absolute bs decision, they will definitely appeal
If they'd pinged him last time fair enough but this is utter bullshit and brings Christian's independence into serious question.

I figure Greene got a game for stupidity.

Week before is cited for contact to the head and eye region.Gets fine

Does he learn his lesson? Nope just doubles down and does it again. Stupid

I dont care that the video is inconclusive. It conclusively shows Toby doesnt learn his lesson

You're happy for a player to be suspended for something there's no proof they did? Nice; such a precedent would never hurt the Crows in future. :think:

You're happy for a player to be suspended for something there's no proof they did? Nice; such a precedent would never hurt the Crows in future. :think:

Stupid is as stupid does

He wont be doing it a 3rd time

Alcoholic ginger beer, Coles 1.25 litre ginger ale, resealable caps from Woolies.
I always walk into the game with an open bottle of Mount Franklin water. Never get asked about it, don't have a bag so walk straight through the express line.

BYO gin and soda ....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Two whistleblowers claim the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation did not properly investigate the Jaidyn Stephenson gambling issue, Melbourne tanking saga or Talia brothers cheating allegations."

"One of the whistleblowers said this week: “The Talia brothers scandal should never have been left to the AFL to investigate."

You know what this means!

Draft sanctions are headed our way

?? What the actual F? That would mean the AFL would be in trouble, not the Talia brothers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardy a reportable offense worthy of missing a prelim though.

Do you reckon de Goey would be rubbed out for that before a prelim? Of course not. They're trying to manufacture a popular GF outcome again.
It's becoming a bad joke. People saying "he should get a week for stupidity" ... Oh yeah, a prelim?

I thought last week "looked" terrible, but there was actually nothing there. Once I heard that he didn't rake or gouge, I changed my tune.

This week, it looked like nothing at all. Neale says it was contact to my nose. Greene days any contract was accidental They give him a week?

Did you see the tribunal panel makeup?

3 ex-players ...

Nietz - Melbourne
Wakelin - Collingwood
Williams - Collingwood

Yep, seems about right.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

It's becoming a bad joke. People saying "he should get a week for stupidity" ... Oh yeah, a prelim?

I thought last week "looked" terrible, but there was actually nothing there. Once I heard that he didn't rake or gouge, I changed my tune.

This week, it looked like nothing at all. Neale says it was contact to my nose. Greene days any contract was accidental They give him a week?

3 ex-players ...

Nietz - Melbourne
Wakelin - Collingwood
Williams - Collingwood

Yep, seems about right.

Why does missing a Prelim change anything?

I thought we all hated Cotchin playing because it shouldnt matter if its a GF

Greene had a chance to modify his behaviour , he chose not to and pushed the boundary = stupid

Prices at Adelaide Oval to go up because of falling crowds at AFL matches...

We had 489,656 people attend our home games, Port had 373,449... How about they raise the prices at Port games.

👍🏼

As usual, Adelaide supporters having to cop it for Port supporters deserting - Crows down approx. 10k (less than 1k per game) whilst Port down approx. 47k (more than 4k per game).

Why doesn't the media actually do its work and point out the bleeding obvious!

👍🏼👍🏼
View attachment 747936

View attachment 747935

Stupid is as stupid does

He wont be doing it a 3rd time
Should have gone the Chris Judd Pressure Points defence !

If he didn’t get done for a match last week he had no reason to expect he’d get a match this week

Last weeks looked worse to me

Either way he’s a dIck

Greene had a chance to modify his behaviour , he chose not to and pushed the boundary = stupid
They just got the charge wrong, should have been stupidity.

Slightly concerned about Talia bros being.mentioned in this potential gambling investigation.

However the punishment given to Stephenson was a joke.

He had a wager on a game he was involved with. That is bad enough, to then act on it to collect is is a version of spot match fixing.

And then to be able to play Finals....

If anyone had doubts about the admin of this league being corrupt that has to be enough evidence to suggest it is.

The bloke should have been banned for a year.minimum, no suspension of his sentence at all. If he was a foreign cricketer we would be wanting him out of the game for life.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 ex-players ...

Nietz - Melbourne
Wakelin - Collingwood
Williams - Collingwood

Yep, seems about right.

2 ex Collingwood on the panel? They are taking the piss surely

Exactly. But listen to the discussion around Cotchin and you will see that NORMALLY that counts ... But when it comes to Toby he needs to get "a game" to teach him a lesson.

Imagine the discussion of it was anyone from a big Victorian club. He was charged with deliberately making contact near the eyes, the vision didn't prove anything AND the player said "he got me on the nose".

Reminds me of Little Britain ... Not Around the eyes, not around the eyes, directly in the eyes.

HBNhhMk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think the AFL is trying to manufacture a GF, but they are stupid having two ex-Collingwood players on the tribunal

Haven’t they heard of the appearance of conflict of interest/bias? It’s one of the pillars of natural justice

Just completely stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back